• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has anyone read the Manga yet?

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
I read the reviews on amazon, but I want to hear what you guys think. So far I've read some negative things about it...but ehhh.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I thought you meant the newest one. Which I have on pre-order lol, still hasn't come in because apparently it's not in English. I didn't want it in French -_- seriously Capcom?

As for the Marhawa Desire. The main plot sound so stupid on paper, but in reality it's pretty good. It really fleshes out Pier's character and allows us to understand who he is, and why he is who he is. I really started to like him more after the manga. He truly was a hero. A silly funny guy who's always cracking jokes until a very unfortunate event that hardened him up and caused him that happiness. A big part of him died and has hardened from it. I won't spoil it. The story had some strong points but it is very Japanese's compared to the games. Quite interesting and it is better written than a lot of the games xD Despite if the core plot is better or not.

It was nice to see Daylight canonlogically mentioned as well. Definitely some key things.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Thank you, Airaku. That answer was definitely what I was hoping for. A lot of people on Amazon said it was pretty bad, but those could have just been people who love to read Mangas, but don't really care for the franchise too much. I might buy it now!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Thank you, Airaku. That answer was definitely what I was hoping for. A lot of people on Amazon said it was pretty bad, but those could have just been people who love to read Mangas, but don't really care for the franchise too much. I might buy it now!

I think what you said is pretty accurate to be honest. It is definitely one of the better video game manga's I've read. The only other ones that I have read were the first book of .Hack, which was meh at best. The other was Star Craft which was a bunch of short stories and about 2 or so stories of the whole series was crap. There were 4 manga's in total with about 4 or 5 stories in each.

I grew up reading Shonen Jump for years. I'll say that with the exception of DBZ, all manga's are better than their anime counterpart by far. Not that I watch much anime and I don't really read manga anymore.

Another video game read that I highly recommend are the Mass Effect graphic novels. They are written by the lead writer of the game and are ESSENTIAL to the game. In fact they are so essential that they take place in the story of the games and are heavy plot points. The story of the games continue some of the plot points and feel like there is a blank or unexplained plot hole which was set aside for the graphic novels. For example the graphic novels explained the entire events between Shepard's death and revival in Mass Effect 2. How Cerberus acquired his/her body. It stared Liara and also the start of the Shadow Broker storyline. The second graphic novel stared *gasps* Jack Harper aka The Illusive Man during the events of the First Contact war between the Humans and Turians. You learn of the discover of the first found Reaper artifact. It goes into Saren and his corrupt brother who was looking for it. Oh yes Saren was skeptical of the artifact and he did touch it. The Illusive Man was a Han Solo like character and NOT a villain at the time. He too touched the artifact to save everyone. He also wasn't a raciest piece of **** either. It really built his character. I wished they explained how he became a villain because he original was a chill guy. The third graphic novel explained the events of how Cerberus took over Omega, which occurred just before the events of Mass Effect 3. The fourth one was okayish and was just four short stories. If you are a Mass Effect fan, it is absolutely essential that you read these.

:)

Top Bottom