• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest RE difficulty ?

Which is the hardest RE difficulty in the whole series for you?

• Hard (RE 1)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No Escape (RE Revelations 2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard (RE 2)

• Hard (RE 3)

• Real Survival (REmake)

• Hard (RE Zero)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Professional (RE 4)

• Professional (RE 5)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No Hope (RE 6)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Infernal (RE Revelations)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
During my many runs on the RE series I always tried to unlock every bonus weapon, infinite ammo, costumes and platinum all of them (if possible). This often means beating the games on their highest difficulty levels which can be really hard work including lots of dying, frustration, fear, swearing and gamepad smashing.

I was wondering , which RE game do you find the hardest and most frustrating to beat on its highest possible difficulty level? Sound away and let out your frustration ;)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Professional in RE5, holy sh!t.

Don't even try without another person to play with. One hit sends you into Dying Mode and you have ~5 seconds before you die.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Professional in RE5, holy sh!t.

Don't even try without another person to play with. One hit sends you into Dying Mode and you have ~5 seconds before you die.

yeah me and a friend of mine nearly went insane during two spots specifically - the Ndesu fight and the Jill boss battle. I think in the Jill fight we died like 50 times before we finally did it. Still I think Infernal in Rev 1 is even more hardcore. enemies take such huge amounts of damage and kill you so damn quickly. hardest battle for survival I have ever had, especially since you only get the Rocket Launcher after beating Infernal. What a nightmare. Though of course even that was nothing compared to Super Norman on Ghost Ship stage, holy fck

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Re5 pro
The jill fight took me so long. The first aid animation takes longer than the bleeding time.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I have to agree, it's RE5 Professional for me too.

Funnily enough, I think the mutated Irving fight was more difficult than the one with Jill. If Sheva was on a turret gun there was no chance of her moving away from it and getting to me on time, since I was on my own. It's such an achievement to manage Professional mode on RE5 in my opinion.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I have to agree, it's RE5 Professional for me too.

Funnily enough, I think the mutated Irving fight was more difficult than the one with Jill. If Sheva was on a turret gun there was no chance of her moving away from it and getting to me on time, since I was on my own. It's such an achievement to manage Professional mode on RE5 in my opinion.
I hate that Irving fight in general, I always saved the rocket launcher for that fight.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I hate that Irving fight in general, I always saved the rocket launcher for that fight.

Generally before I had the IRL, I would replay the swamp chapter over and over, collecting the Rocket Launcher on the boat, then save and quit and then rinse and repeat until I had like 10 Rocket Launchers (thankfully you keep everything you collected even if you had not reached a checkpoint. sadly this was no longer possible on RE 6) and then I always kept those for the bossfights as even on pro every uroboros boss dies from a single RL hit and it also makes the Wesker fight much easier.

I think using several RLs I beat Irving almost always without taking any damage at all. For the Jill and Ndesu fights you cannot use RLs however, making those the biggest pain in the ass fights in the whole game.

I got myself infinite ammo for all my preferred weapons and the Infinite Launcher before I even attempted playing on pro though. Makes the whole thing a WHOLE lot easier.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Thats why I always lured Wesker away from Jill first ;) Though I was actually referring to the fight in the hangar ;)
I tried to sneakily edit my post but you quoted it too quickly :p I was hiding behind a corner waiting for wesker to come and usually he does but one time jill decides to walk around first whilst I happened to be aiming a launcher heh.

Oh that fight. Yeah i guess the launcher would save alot of time on that one

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I tried to sneakily edit my post but you quoted it too quickly :p I was hiding behind a corner waiting for wesker to come and usually he does but one time jill decides to walk around first whilst I happened to be aiming a launcher heh.

Oh that fight. Yeah i guess the launcher would save alot of time on that one

Yeah thats exactly how I do it too but generally I can already spot from far away if its Wesker or Jill running at me, because Jill is much faster and with the RLs zoom function I spot her long before she ever sees me.

In the hangar fight having RLs saves a huge amount of time as you don´t have to run around to get new RLs but you can switch off the lights and use the RLs right away. Saves you a lot of trouble.

Agent Spike

I never played 5, so I have to say RE Zero. That game on hard is tough as f***. Those eliminators are a pain in the ass to avoid or kill. One hit and Rebecca is on caution or in danger.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
that pro mode in re5, really i remember hating and ragequitting on game after i got to these 3 wesker battles, but well thats from someone who on that time restarted playing re games

Top Bottom