• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Ginger Pills

1995umk3

I have been taking ginger pills for RE:CV-X and it has been helping me beat the game. I still can't play RE4 because the way it moves and I get dizzy. I beaten the game back then on gamecube and it was one of the best RE games in the series.

Do any of you take anything for motion sickness?? if you have it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm sorry to hear that these games give you motion sickness :( I don't know what I would do if games gave me motion sickness.

The only time a game made me sick I had just started a new medication and I became nauseous one night and made the mistake of passing time by playing Doom 3. Ending up throwing up from the motion but I felt better after lol.

My brother has always gotten motion sickness and he used to take medicine for it but I don't think he does now. My husband also gets it in certain situations. But not me. Good luck my dude.

1995umk3

I only get it in RE4... or anything that moves like RE4. Third person games, first person... racing, tony hawk series...

When playing RE1-3 I have to look away from the movie scenes and loading doors, when moving around veronica I had to look down the whole time unless aiming.

It's ok with fighting arcade games.. I'm very glad about that 1 because thats my whole childhood right there.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Sorry to hear that. I hope that these ginger pills are doing the trick.

I can't text, read, or watch anything in the car without feeling super nauseous. One of the reasons I am always the driver. That and the fact that I don't drink due to blood pressure also makes me an ideal driver. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Sorry to hear that. I hope that these ginger pills are doing the trick.

I can't text, read, or watch anything in the car without feeling super nauseous. One of the reasons I am always the driver. That and the fact that I don't drink due to blood pressure also makes me an ideal driver. haha

Well you are me and my husband wrapped in a bow lol. He has to drive so he won't get nauseous and I can't drink either (for me it's because of ulcers and I can't tolerate gluten).

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have been taking ginger pills for RE:CV-X and it has been helping me beat the game. I still can't play RE4 because the way it moves and I get dizzy. I beaten the game back then on gamecube and it was one of the best RE games in the series.

Do any of you take anything for motion sickness?? if you have it.
It's rare I get motion sickness but when I do, peppermint helps. The stronger the better...although you're onto a winner with ginger already.

1995umk3

They said on google if you stick with it you will get used to it. It's been months so I guess I'm stuck just playing the first 3. RE:CV-X really bit my behind after I was done.. especially when Alexia was flying all over the place. I had to look down at the floor away from the screen and get a lucky shot and I did after some tries.

I did beat 4 tho and I remember the room was spinning for weeks when I was done.

When 4 was coming out I was dissapointed with it because the way it moves.. but I gave it a chance because it was close from the 1990s.

4 was what made the series evolve.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Here are a couple of other homeopathic remedies for motion sickness:

Obviously, ginger and peppermint are both great for it. If you're already taking ginger pills, you should be fine with that. Always a bad idea to overdo one herb/remedy/root. But if you get a peppermint tea - there is no caffeine which helps with motion sickness as well - and it has homeopathic aids for motion sickness. Peppermint is great because you can literally brew it in tea form for up to 10 minutes without it being overwhelming. It is better to take hot. But here is a little trick I do because I make tea so often. I will make a large batch of herbal or fruit tea and drink a single cup hot and then let it chill before icing the remainder. Iced peppermint with a touch of lime or lemon squeezed in it is heavenly.

Additionally, there is apparently a good pressure point you can massage to deal with motion sickness: Here is a message about it which I have googled earlier: "One pressure point, the P6 (short for Pericardium 6 and also referred to as Nei Guan), is known for its ability to relieve nausea, upset stomach, motion sickness, carpal tunnel syndrome, and headaches. The P6 is located on the inner forearm, three finger breadths below the wrist and in between the two tendons."

Worth it to check out further and try.

Also, I did read that copious hydration helps out with motion sickness. I am trying to drink up to 6 glasses of water each day, but 6-8 full glasses of water will definitely help. Even if it doesn't help with motion sickness, it'll help digestion, skin, hair, attentiveness, and helps removes toxins among other benefits!

1995umk3

I tried to get these last year but they never came. I was playing 90s DOOM heavily and I wanted to manage this problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Ant...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

34534df.png

Thanks for the suggestions.. but they are the same ones I heard @ doomworld.com.

Last edited:

1995umk3

Bump,

I got these glasses again just recently @ amazon and will come around july (long wait) and will post here if they work or not. Anybody who gets dizzy playing any games that moves like RE4 or FPS games in general shoud check this thread out because these glasses might work and I have tried everything.

Fan blowing on me didn't work either which I found about that one online. Having the monitor further away didn't work or maybe I should put it more back..

Last edited:

Awebb

You might want to check your screen. 90% of my motion sickness comes from input/display latency and after images. Motion blur is also bad. If you're playing retro games, try a CRT instead of an LCD.

1995umk3

I actually prefer CRT because all the old games look better on it. I use to have one I got from a thrift store around here (N.E.C multisync) and it looked good running all types of FPS games.. but I only played DOOM on it and it looked really nice.

I don't remember having bad dizzyness running those types of games on a CRT monitor, but they don't have it anymore only ebay does.

89$ shipping 100$+ more

Top Bottom