• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

General Pictures

Thread starter #1

Jen

Girly Gamer
Supporter
Supporter
We already have threads for showing pictures of ourselves and funny pictures. I thought it might be cool if we were to have a thread where we could share any picture we wanted (within reason, of course :P ).

The picture I'm sharing here isn't of fantastic quality but I needed one to kick the thread off :P I was just looking through my photos on my phone and found this. It's sunrise at a beach where myself and my family have holidayed for several years in Devon, England.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Supporter
Here's a flower bouqet I have at home. I don't usually like flowers, but these are pretty and don't smell, so I kept them. They've survived for two weeks, but now, unfortunately, they're beginning to wither. I'll have to throw them away soon, so why not immortalise them here.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Supporter
The photos I'm posting are not my own work, they are from news websites and Wikipedia. I only take credit for finding them. :p

Easter somewhere in southern Norway.
© yr.no

^Clickable.
Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway. The west side captured in twilight.
For the finer details, try the 4998 x 3333 resolution version.
Photographer: Knut Arne Gjertsen.

Nidaros Cathedral is the sepulchre of Olav II of Norway. The cathedral construction began ca 1070, forty years after Olav was slain in battle. All of the add-ons was not completed until ca 1300 so it was a construction site for about 230 years... (Ignore what English Wikipedia says, it got the years wrong.)
Olav II was canonized as Saint Olav and the cathedral dedicated to him is perhaps the most important building in the realm.

Extra Nidaros pics for @Jen:

Nidaros Cathedral on 22nd April 2011.
Full resolution: 4384 x 3288 pixels.
Wikipedia

Shortly after midnight 25th Oct. 2012.
Wikipedia

Lemming. So very very angry and so very very cute. <3 :nom:
© dn.no

Is it irresponsible to let a cat grow this big? Impressive. If it got angry it would scare me more than any dog would.
Orazio weighs 16 kilos. He lives in Italy with his owner Laura Santarelli.
© dagbladet.no

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Supporter
Blivvy, are you from around Scotland by any chance? These vast green and brown landscapes remind me of the scenery shots from the Outlander series, which takes place in Scotland.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Supporter
Here's some pics from around where I live. Some really great views.

Beautiful landscape... I think. Unfortunately I have a problem with Photobucket/Imageshack so I can't see any images hosted there. :(
But because I know how beautiful Ireland is (I've never seen photos from Ireland or Scotland that weren't pretty) I'm praising your photos blindly. :p

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
My James Bond VHS collection. Some of it inherited from my brother, some of it bought by me for cheap.
It took far longer to find some of these tapes than I would have thought, I had to drive a few hundred kilometres north to stumble upon Live And Let Die in a Kamloops thrift store.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
My James Bond VHS collection. Some of it inherited from my brother, some of it bought by me for cheap.
It took far longer to find some of these tapes than I would have thought, I had to drive a few thousand kilometres north to stumble upon Live And Let Die in a Kamloops thrift store.
Those Kamloops thrift shops... actually, everything in Kamloops in general. That place has always creeped me out.