• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Nostalgia

Murderer Enshrined

I love games, obviously. Games, like, Fatal Frame, Eternal Darkness, and Heavenly Sword.....

I miss games like that. Are today's game makers really accomplishing what previous game makers already accomplished before?

Murderer Enshrined

From what I read, it was actually supposed to be its own game. It wasn't supposed to be part of the Legacy of Kain series. Legacy of Kain wasn't supposed to be a series at all. The original Blood Omen Legacy of Kain was a 2D game, kind of like Castlevania, but not exactly. Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver was originally supposed to be a game about a fallen angel, and the main character was supposed to be able to utilize the ability to shift in and out of the spirit world to re-establish himself. The game was supposed to be called Shifter, but Eidos didn't think the game could succeed on its own, so, they slapped the Legacy of Kain name on it, and sold it as part of a game series. At least, that's what I gathered, from what I read. I could be wrong.

I played and finished all the other games that came after: Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, Defiance. They were all crap. I even bought and played the original Blood Omen Legacy of Kain. I got as far as Vorador's mansion. I got tired of the hack and slash and the repetitive booby traps. I finally gave up on it. You'd be better off just watching the FMVs on YouTube, just so you could understand the story line.

Eidos should've left Shifter alone, rather than tainting it with that stupid Legacy of Kain BS. Soul Reaver "1" (Shifter) was one of the best games ever. They don't make them like that no more.

Murderer Enshrined

I was watching this video and I actually had flashbacks.

And I always found it interesting how after playing Soul Reaver, my vocabulary actually improved, not that it was ever that grand to begin with.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Been retro game hunting these past couple of months and I ended up finding Mario Kart: Double Dash on ebay for 60 bucks despite it going for more lately. It was easily my most played game on Gamecube when I was a kid, and I finally got it back after stupidly getting rid of it a long time ago.

We fired it up over the weekend and my mind is just flooded with nostalgia and my muscle memory is apparently fantastic because I'm totally kicking ass at it. I never knew there was more cups and characters to unlock back in the day because I didn't know any better and now I'm unlocking and seeing things I've never seen before.

The game actually holds up really well still and has been quite refreshing after having Mario Kart 8 for 2 generations. All these memories have actually started getting me real nostalgic for Mario Kart DS as well. There was just something really special about playing Mario Kart online and portably at the height of the Nintendo DS that I don't think can ever be replicated again.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I absolutely regret all my old games and systems that I sold back in the day.

But I had to finance buying games somehow :ROFL:
Right? And the reason I justified selling some stuff I regret like Double Dash or Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (which I also got back) was because I was getting Mario Kart Wii and REmake. Not bad in practice but these aftermarket prices are f*cking dumb.

Murderer Enshrined

Onimusha, I love playing as Samanosuke, but, I really preferred playing as Kaede, the female ninja. It sucks that they killed her off at the end. She apparently died in some battle, after dealing with all the BS Samanosuke got himself into.

I played and finished Onimusha 2 as well, but it was basically a carbon copy of the first.

Kaede was such a cool character, yet, they never brought her back.

Murderer Enshrined

I played Clock Tower 3 a long time ago. It's still one of my favorite games all-time, developed by Capcom. Idk about you guys, but Capcom doesn't make crap. I enjoyed this game so much. Here's some game-play I found a long time ago. Enjoy:

Top Bottom