• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Forgotten Characters...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
It seems as though some characters from RE probably will never be seen again as they've been forgotten by Capcom or are no longer needed in the story. What do you think about this? Are you frustrated or does it not bother you?

Personally, I'm very frustrated that Capcom introduces characters, you get to know them and even like them, and then they're never seen again. They could easily be put back into any game even if its just for a cameo, but it seems as though they either fail to realize this, or just don't care. There could by now, be a whole game with all the characters they've tossed aside (i.e Barry, Billy, Rebecca and Carlos.) I'm really losing hope that they'll ever be brought back into the RE series ever again. I know that some of them were in RE5 mercenaries, but that doesn't mean they'll be in an actual game anytime soon. /-:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
For me it depends on the characters and whether or not I want to see them again. Some characters are just best to be used once. Barry I absolutely want to see again though. I recently read that he was originally supposed to be in Resident Evil 5 helping Chris in place of Jill- that or he was backup by helicopter. Shame they dropped that idea. Love that guy and he reminded me of the crazy uncle of the S.T.A.R.S. team.
Claire is also another character I would like to see, especially if they bring back Sherry and maybe even Steve in RE6. You would think it's almost common sense that she should be in it if those two are in it as well as her brother and Leon- all people she's worked alongside.
As for Rebecca, I think it would be neat seeing her again, but I'm thinking more in a movie, like Damnation, rather than in a main game.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
100% agree with this. I think all you guys know of my feelings about Rebecca in the series (Saying that makes me seem like a huge obsessed fanboy) but i really enjoy her charecter as she is my faviroute female in the franchise. I suppose Capcom just cant think of ways to bring these charecters back becouse most of them have been away for so long. Come on Rebecca, please be in Damnation ><

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think they don't appear anymore because of the way the series is evolving. Initially, the characters were accidentally trapped in an outbreak site. Now, they go on missions to fight bioterrorism.
I think Rebecca and Claire are not willing to do this, since Rebecca is more of a chemist and Claire has become a pacifist. Barry is probably too old, and maybe he's run away from America to live with his family in peace. Billy was scentenced to death, and if Rebecca has reported about him, then he's officially dead. Carlos probably went back to his home country in South America, or is running away from Umbrella. He was scetenced to death before being hired to the UBCS, so if he's running from Umbrella, he's probably scentenced to death again.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
It would be nice if we knew what happened to those charecters, Rebecca for instance. She probabley just left Raccoon City after they got back to the police station, has had a career in Medicine and could be working for the B.S.A.A.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
It'd be nice to see her again as a bio-chemist for the BSAA looking for a cure. That would be the most plausible if she were to be seen again in the series, because it didn't seem as though she'd just give up entirely and run away. Her character seems to have a lot of empathy and might want to help others as much as she can. She also can't hide forever as the virus is spreading through out the world and she would have to fight eventually. Maybe this will be shown in Damnation *fingers crossed*

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
It'd be nice to see her again as a bio-chemist for the BSAA looking for a cure. That would be the most plausible if she were to be seen again in the series, because it didn't seem as though she'd just give up entirely and run away. Her character seems to have a lot of empathy and might want to help others as much as she can. She also can't hide forever as the virus is spreading through out the world and she would have to fight eventually. Maybe this will be shown in Damnation *fingers crossed*

She might have gone to europe with the others, or she might have gone to look for Billy. Every Fanfic ive read that has been based on Rebecca has always had her going after Billy.

sadistic_greyfox

They probably don't appear anymore because of Fan reaction to them, it really makes me wonder if we'll ever see Sheva again considering all the hate she received, personally I loved her.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Sheva and Ashley probably won't appear anymore because of fan reaction. Sheva, people hates her and calling her ugly and annoying as hell. And Ashley. There's nothing much to say about her, because she is useless so why to bring her back?. but also who knows. Sherry was also annoying and useless in Resident evil 2 and look at her now in Resident Evil 6. Maybe same thing happens with Ashley, who knows.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There's no one I think really needs, or even DESERVES to come back. We have our main cast, and what they need to do, is just one by one, slowly, end THOSE stories as well.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There's no one I think really needs, or even DESERVES to come back. We have our main cast, and what they need to do, is just one by one, slowly, end THOSE stories as well.

Uhhh, what about Billy,Carlos, and Barry?

I personally would love to know where those guys are now, all 3 of them where pretty skilled during their respective outbreaks and where able to survive it in the end.

Out of the 3 I would want Billy to return the most since he was the most interesting in my opinion.

Would love to get a full explanation concerning his military time and that incident that happened.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Uhhh, what about Billy,Carlos, and Barry?

I personally would love to know where those guys are now, all 3 of them where pretty skilled during their respective outbreaks and where able to survive it in the end.

Out of the 3 I would want Billy to return the most since he was the most interesting in my opinion.

Would love to get a full explanation concerning his military time and that incident that happened.
The only one of those that I think really could possibly deserve it is Carlos. Billy had some great closure, and bringing him back wouldn't do anything for the story, considering all he wanted was freedom, and he got it at the end of the game. He didn't uncover any secrets about Umbrella...Didn't care to keep fighting Bio-Terrorism. Hell, he probably didn't even realize it WAS Bio-Terrorism (In the works at least). A little explainer saying where he is would be nice. But NOTHING major/playable. Mercs DLC is a ok. Barry is pretty similar. I mean, the dude is old...He kinda had closure with the Raccoon City incident. I suppose a cameo could be cool for him, but, as a Drill Sergeant for the BSAA or something. Ya know, passing down the torch to the new recruits...

Carlos I'll give you. Being a Mercenary, he could have a friendship, or even a RIVALRY with Jake Muller, and that would be...Interesting.

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom