• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Favourite Resident Evil?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Resident Evil sure has a ton of different versions, however slight.

Resident Evil (Long-Box)
Resident Evil (Standard Jewel Case)
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Dual-Shock Version)
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Resident Evil REmake
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil REmaster

My favourite is Long Box Resident Evil. Because that long box is sexeh.
But not only that, I've never had the patience for Resident Evil REmake. I've never liked the lighter/gas/Crimson Head mechanic. And that's on me, I admit that.

9036701388_f67c5dcdc8_z.jpg

DD-Indeed

Wow, that art inside the box is astonishing! Perfectly captures the very thing the game is about. Must have been quite a sight in the 90's.

I read somewhere, that in 95-96, Sony had some manufacturing issues with the normal square boxes, so instead, they obtained similar cases, that Saturn used, to release some of the first titles for the PS1.

And we are also in the same boat, I also don't have any interest towards REmake, seen tons of vids from it, fantastic game, but not my thing at all.

Exfauxsure

The long box is so cool looking but the US long box release of that game without the auto aim makes that game unnecessarily difficult since manual aiming is kinda crappy in that game.

I personally loved Director's Cut changes in the Arrange modes but Deadly Silence version is my favorite due to skipping door and stair animations.

DD-Indeed

The long box is so cool looking but the US long box release of that game without the auto aim makes that game unnecessarily difficult since manual aiming is kinda crappy in that game.

I personally loved Director's Cut changes in the Arrange modes but Deadly Silence version is my favorite due to skipping door and stair animations.

I'm not fan of it either, since I have Platinum PAL version myself, which also lacks the autoaim feature. And I've never understanded the difficulty level changes in different regions, it should be only limited to content differences. Althou, there was an explanation to this, game rental culture in Japan (you had limited time to play the game, hence the difficulty being easier). But the game is already hard, so why couldn't they just put an option to change it, rather than remove it completely. Heck, even the RE2 had the option to change it, as did RE3.

Last edited:

black 93

Long box. The box alone makes it worth it. Also dosen't hurt that the very first RE is my all time favourite.

Top Bottom