• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Resident Evil Game and why

Jade Kennedy

My favorite is a tie between RE2R and RE6
RE2R because of the graphics design, the acting, and the fun
RE6 because of the fun gameplay and the inclusion of Sherry Birkin

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
So difficult to choose, but I’m gonna go with the 2002 REmake. It’s got the simplest story, with enough diverse horror staples to keep the player on their toes, especially if it’s your first introduction to the series like it was for me, and is the only entry in the series that truly be seen as it’s own self-contained story. Plus, until RE7 and Village came out, it was the scariest game by far.

Ikawaru

I think we already have one or several threads on this but since this forum is largely inactive I guess another refresh can't hurt ;)

Both RE1 and REmake (HD Remaster).

The former largely for nostalgia, the latter for pristine survival horror gameplay that holds up today and nobody seems to be able to match in their attempts to emulate. Even Indie developers can't seem to get survival horror right because every new game I play that wants to do survival horror in spirit of classic RE really seems to fall short (with the exception of perhaps 'Ebola 3'). It's strange because it doesn't seem like it  should be difficult to make a great survival game with a small team of dedicated developers, but people seem to be struggling getting it right for some reason.

Anyway, since it's kinda scientific to determine your favorite based off numbers of hours played AND how well your opinion of the game holds up over time (favorability multiplied by consistency), both versions of RE1 and Rev 2 Raid Mode would probably be at the top. If my opinion of a game was determined PURELY based off of number of hours played, RE4 would also be up there as well, but since my opinion on that game has soured like milk In recent times, it simply cannot rank it as one of my favorites.

So yeah, RE1 it is :)

Last edited:

Ridley Lockhart

I might have to go with RE1 for Ps1 and remake for Gamecube, tied(although its basically the same game.)

Tbh even though I hate on it allot for slot of reasons I'd really get a kick out of playing RE5 right now. The continuation of the Redfield/Wesker storyline, beautiful graphics, gameplay I think still stands to this day, and characters-wise it actually felt like Chris, the appearance and the voice(Roger Craig Smith). Something ppl might've taken for granted until seeing Chris in the likes of RE7 and VILLAGE.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The gold standard of this series will always be the 2002 Resident Evil remake for me. When I think of Resident Evil, this is the first game that comes to mind and it is everything that I have come to expect from a Resident Evil game. It is the blueprint that every Resident Evil game should be working from and that's exactly what Resident Evil 2 remake did as it's not only a great example of what makes a Resident Evil game so distinct, but a great example of how to modernize a classic.

It gives me everything I love about the classic Resident Evil formula and does so by utilizing the modern camera and gameplay pioneered by Resident Evil 4 without being anything like Resident Evil 4 and its successors that have come to define the action era of Resident Evil, making it proof that Resident Evil never had to be anything but Resident Evil in order to survive.

Without a doubt, these are my 2 favorite games in the series as someone who enjoys both the classic fixed camera games and the more action oriented ones. At the end of the day, I'm a Resident Evil fan first and this is what I want from this series despite how fun games like Resident Evil 4 and 5 are and while the Resident Evil 4 remake has definitely impressed me with how it hybridizes both eras of Resident Evil into something I can enjoy as both a gamer and Resident Evil fan, I think my preferences will always lie with these 2 games.

Ridley Lockhart

that's exactly what Resident Evil 2 remake did as it's not only a great example of what makes a Resident Evil game so distinct, but a great example of how to modernize a classic.
THIS! I loved RE2R its so good. I don't think capcom needs to go back and redo EVERY one of their games in that style but that's what some seem to want

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I wanted to say something about RE Remake and RE2R but Turo602 already nailed it, making my thoughts pretty much redundant (in a good way).

It's an easy pick for the same reasons. I don't have any issues with enjoying most of the games in the franchise, but there are only two games that I genuinely consider to be perfect masterpieces and that's RE Remake and RE2R. I always give special shoutouts to OG RE3 for nostalgic reasons and Revelations 2 for reeling me back into the franchise, but they just cannot be called masterpieces in their own right.

With such a rich universe and lore, there are still so many opportunities left to create amazing survival horror games set in the world of Resident Evil. I'm not sure when the next game will come that will live up to the standard of RE Remke and RE2R, but I know it will come, one day.

Top Bottom