• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Favorite Remake Scenario?

Which Scenario is your favorite?

• Leon's Story

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Claire's Story

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Leon 2nd Run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claire 2nd Run

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I prefer the A scenarios over the B scenarios because the B scenarios do in fact ENRAGE me because of their lack of implementation. haha.

And I hae to say I prefer Leon's scenario because the updates to his and Ada's relationship are a real strength for the game. I do prefer the Orphanage scenario over Ada's sewer level, but that's mostly because it's a new place for us to see. A breath of fresh air if you will.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Claire's story has always been my favorite and that has not changed. Everything she goes thru is just more connected to the series while with Leon everything just feels different. I feel like we learn so much with her whereas Leon is just flying thru the night without a net and doesn't get quite as much information as she does.

I also have to say that I prefer her A run thru for the remake as I enjoy her interactions with Marvin.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I always default to Claire's 1st scenario when I was practicing my S and S+ runs. Claire's got that Redfield Fury (tm) that gives her scenes a hint of badassery. Though I do prefer her facing G-5 on the train. "Hope you like bullets, cuz I got helluva lot more!"

Plus grenade launcher, machine gun and spark shot > shotgun, magnum and flame thrower don't @ me :p

Murrdogg93

I prefer the A scenarios over the B scenarios because the B scenarios do in fact ENRAGE me because of their lack of implementation. haha.

And I hae to say I prefer Leon's scenario because the updates to his and Ada's relationship are a real strength for the game. I do prefer the Orphanage scenario over Ada's sewer level, but that's mostly because it's a new place for us to see. A breath of fresh air if you will.
See, I can't be mad about that because I never had the luxury of playing early Resident Evil games.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I also prefer A scenarios to B scenarios and I've always favored Leon's loadout more than Claire's. Also, Leon A was the first scenario I ever played in the original RE2, so it has the most nostalgia value for me. Long story short, Leon A.

black 93

I honestly like Leon's story more this time round. And thats coming from someone who preferred Claire's in the original. I prefer his weapons too. Claire's grenade launcher feels a little underpowered in the remake, and i struggle with the limited capacity and crazy reload times of her pistols in both scenarios. Her loadout just dosen't feel as good at taking out standard zombies as Leon's shotgun, and considering they are the most common enemy, that's a problem. Although she does feel a little more prepared when it comes to bosses. That machine gun is a beast. Although i will say the Chief Irons encounters are probably the highlight of the entire game, they just aren't enough to put Claire's above Leon's for me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I always seem to be the person who sits on the fence with these sorts of threads...

I took a long break from RE2 after my first run playing Leon A/Claire B, partly due to Kingdom Hearts III being out at the same time and also due to general busy-ness. However, I've got back into the game this week and I like both scenarios equally for different reasons.

In terms of story, Leon's generally seems to have more in terms of the investigation into the virus and the outbreak itself, and his naivety really comes through, which I like because I feel like it's realistic - a person of his age going into that situation wouldn't know what was going on or who to believe.

However, Claire's scenario has the focus on protectiveness, compassion and how family should behave. I like her fierce protectiveness over Sherry when Annette doesn't display that behaviour.

I prefer both A scenarios to the B scenarios. I just wish that they'd swapped over what happened in the scenarios the second time round, for example, Leon encounters Sherry in the B scenario and Claire encounters Ada, Ben and Kendo. It would have been interesting to see the reactions of each main character to the different scenarios.

Last edited:

black 93

I always seem to be the person who sits on the fence with these sorts of threads...

I took a long break from RE2 after my first run playing Leon A/Claire B, partly due to Kingdom Hearts III being out at the same time and also due to general busy-ness. However, I've got back into the game this week and I like both scenarios equally for different reasons.

In terms of story, Leon's generally seems to have more in terms of the investigation into the virus and the outbreak itself, and his naivety really comes through, which I like because I feel like it's realistic - a person of his age going into that situation wouldn't know what was going on or who to believe.

However, Claire's scenario has the focus on protectiveness, compassion and how family should behave. I like her fierce protectiveness over Sherry when Annette doesn't display that behaviour.

I prefer both A scenarios to the B scenarios. I just wish is that they swapped over what happened in the scenarios the second time round, for example, Leon encounters Sherry in the B scenario and Claire encounters Ada, Ben and Kendo. It would have been interesting to see the reactions of each main character to the different scenarios.
I agree. The B scenarios felt a little like an afterthought to me in the remake. Like Capcom just put them in because the original had them. Claire and Leon both encountered Kendo in the original and it was cool seeing how the dialogue was different. And while Claire never encountered Ada directly in the original
( although she did in dark side chronicles if i recall right) this remake was the perfect time to do that. It would have even been cool for Ada to encounter Sherry alone and possibly save her from a situation, it would have endeared us to her a lot more than her saving Leon which we've seen a billion times by now. I dunno, overall the game was amazing but Capcom for sure missed a couple cool opportunities with the chance to do things a little differently story wise, especially with how mich they harped on about this being a 'reimagining' and a 'new game'.

Wesker90

Claire A was more profound to me in the REmake so I'll go with hers.

In the original I also preferred Claire's over Leon's back in the day, Kind of the opposite with me preferring Chris over Jill in RE1.

Top Bottom