• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Fastest completion time?

Meg

So bin ich eben
What's the fastest you've ever managed to beat this game? Either the original or either remake.

I never played this game before the HD remake that came out last month. So my first play through took 8 1/2 hours. I feel like that's pretty good considering the amount of time I spent staring at maps and running around trying to figure out where to go.

What about you? I saw one of the trophies was for finishing the game in under three hours. I didn't think that was possible! :O

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
New Game
'Hiking' Difficulty
Chris
12 Hours

Notes: Wii edition, completely blind.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My first play through of the remake was like 5 and half hours or so but my fastest time on the remake was 2 hours and 50 some seconds. Fastest time on the original was like an hour and some change.

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
I don't remember fastest completion on NGC, but I played the HD one few days ago:

First time: 10 hours
Second time: 2:47:57 as Jill (Bad Ending)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think my first time was around 9 hours, getting the every nook and cranny trophy. My first speed run was in 2:49

The trophies on this game have really made me want to play the game a lot more. I think on the Wii version I just did a couple of runs on normal and that was it. Now I've got the platinum. I didn't even know there was an Invisible enemy mode before.

berto

I Saw the Devil
How do you know your completion time? Does it say at the end? I just beat the game for the first time, probably took well over 10 hours but I didn't think to look. If I had to guess? 15 hours.

I'm in the middle of trying again and I'm hoping to cut the time down. Let you know how I did when I do it and then, on to Chris.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It tells you at the end after the credits most times.
You get a scorecard in RE0, REmake and RE4, I know for certain.

doomzgaming

DoOmzGaminG
I guess it really depends how you play... Personally I never try speed run yet but check out some the fastest score it's fricky!! the website is "speedrun"

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Let's see....for the original I would say about an hour and a half. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. As for the remake, my fastest playthrough runs about 2hrs 45mins, give or take.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I've made it to the cabin on normal with Jill in about an hour then saved and stopped.
Is that good so far?

berto

I Saw the Devil
My new time is just a little over six hours. I'm almost there.

Edit:

4:38 minutes!:horde:

Last edited:

black 93

2 hours 50 minutes as chris ( good ending)

2 hours 11 minutes as jill ( kept barry alive but left chris)

Once your over the death masks and have your shotgun and magnum, theres many areas you dont even have to visit.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I had Action Replay on the GameCube. with this, you can complete the game in like 5 minutes. So this is technically the fastest way right xD

> Resident Evil Action Replay, Hack < youtube link for proof xP

But without cheats it is indeed around 2 hours. more or less. I cant remember my best times because that was years ago. But I do recall the cheats.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
My first time I think was like... 16 hours on normal, lol. Though to be fair to myself, because I like to be fair to myself, I didn't appreciate back then how expensive hydro was so I would just leave the game on for hours at a time without quitting the game.

Still haven't managed to get over the 5-year-old attention span.

Reactions: Meg

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
my fastest (Remake) without saving anyone with Jill was 1 hour, 59 minutes. But only after playing the game many, many, many times and with Rocket Launcher.

Reactions: Meg

DD-Indeed

Original RE, somewhere around 1 hour 55 mins. Wasn't doing speedrun, but visited almost every place there is and killed almost every enemy as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom