• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Explain the DLC?

I am kinda confused about all the DLC coming out.. What kind of stuff is it we are getting..

I hear we will get additional story DLC and some kind of horde game mode that is none VR. When are these coming and the horde mission.. I hear it's none VR. Does that mean it's in third person?

Mr.Tony

I guess so...
It's a well trained hero to fight Bio Terror, so it will be 3rd Person...
Okey so, DLC is a fight between Chris or Chris look alike guy Vs Lucas....since he works fir 3rd Partie...
Anyhow let's wait for tge spring and See for our selfs

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Capcom are playing their cards close to their chest regarding DLC, but they have revealed there will be a free DLC pack called 'Not a Hero' and follow the events of...

'Redfield' (Hunk?)

YAD0pRx.jpg

...possibly before the events of RE7. Other than that there are murmurings of a tongue-in-cheek DLC centred around...

Lucus Baker

Not sure if he will be playable or serve as an antagonist. I'm intrigued nonetheless. I haven't heard anything about third-person-based DLC and I'd be surprised if there was any, given how RE7 is kinda-sorta a VR game at heart.

Mr.Tony

So in matter of speaking it's :
Hunk or Chris...
I hope it's Chris
..but wait a sec...
That gun named Albert 001 is a acctualy a STARS Eagle gun that was specificly designed for STARS TEAMS...and Albert has his name on it, somehow i smell that Wesker is involved somehow.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't think it's Chris or HUNK. He looks almost nothing like either to me. He looks more like he's related to Wesker or something. Maybe another son?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
From word of mouth.

According to my friend who was looking into the data mining of RE7.
There is apparent evidence of one of the DLC's being about a Co-op mode. Of what kind? Impossible to say at the moment.

Another one is...rather odd.
A hick version of Mario party. Where Ethan is doing minigame style missions with Lucas as the host and Jack as a stage hazard while spewing out one liners like.

"YOU DON'T LIKE PLAYING BY THE RULES DO YA BOI!"

Or.

"THAT AIN'T GONNA WORK!"

and last one.

"YOU TRIED YO' BEST ETHAN!"

Take it as you will.

About Chris being blonde.. Wasn't Jill blonde as well after getting controlled by Wesker? Maybe this is something similar?!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
About Chris being blonde.. Wasn't Jill blonde as well after getting controlled by Wesker? Maybe this is something similar?!
Don't think that's Roidfield. He looks nothing like Chris and this game tries to trip you up constantly. Who's to say the ending isn't one?

Mr.Tony

C'mon you were supposed to say:
WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY ? just after than End...SAY OH YEA IT'S CHRIS..and than confused, Chris Red. In Umbrella?!?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Translated pics
tumblr_okf7apco071qlu4v6o1_1280.png

tumblr_okf7apco071qlu4v6o2_1280.png

I look forward to "Daughters" and "Not a Hero" it's interesting to see sane Jack Baker and how Eveline infects the rest of the family. "Not a Hero" DLC will probably reveal some backstory about the guy at the end which I'm pretty convinced it's Chris (real one) as mentioned in the credits. I also assume the gameplay will be from his perspective leading toward Ethan & Mia rescue.

Translated pics
tumblr_okf7apco071qlu4v6o1_1280.png

tumblr_okf7apco071qlu4v6o2_1280.png

I look forward to "Daughters" and "Not a Hero" it's interesting to see sane Jack Baker and how Eveline infects the rest of the family. "Not a Hero" DLC will probably reveal some backstory about the guy at the end which I'm pretty convinced it's Chris (real one) as mentioned in the credits. I also assume the gameplay will be from his perspective leading toward Ethan & Mia rescue.
So the Not a Hero DLC is separate from the banned footage ones? I'm excited for that.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
It's a shame how a lot games are released these days. Normally all those extra modes would be unlockable but now they are being released as dlc and we have to pay out more.

At least Not a Hero is free.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It's a shame how a lot games are released these days. Normally all those extra modes would be unlockable but now they are being released as dlc and we have to pay out more.

At least Not a Hero is free.
I think the fact that the DLC is out so soon after release sucks as well... It's so cheeky to ask people to pay again so soon.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah, I'm gonna wait on the season pass. Hopefully Xbox Live has some sort of deal on it in the near future. The game already has a sparse amount of content as it is, so ****ty move on Capcom's part to withhold content just to sell it a week later.

Reactions: Jen

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think the fact that the DLC is out so soon after release sucks as well... It's so cheeky to ask people to pay again so soon.
Not to mention from what I understand the dlc has equally limited replayability. I'd be more inclined to cough up the dough were there something to the effect of a Mercs or raid.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Not to mention from what I understand the dlc has equally limited replayability. I'd be more inclined to cough up the dough were there something to the effect of a Mercs or raid.
I think I would also find it annoying if it was Mercenaries or Raid, though. Actually, I'd maybe even more annoyed if the paid DLC was one of those modes purely because we used to get that added in without having to pay. Sure it got expanded on, but we didn't have to pay for it a week after release.

They clearly already have the content made; they just want to make more money from it, and to me that just seems very cheeky. Especially when you consider that we used to at least get two modes for our original purchase.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think I would also find it annoying if it was Mercenaries or Raid, though. Actually, maybe even more annoying if it was that, purely because we used to get that added in without having to pay. Sure it got expanded on, but we didn't have to pay for it a week after release.

They clearly already have the content made; they just want to make more money from it, and to me that just seems very cheeky. Especially when you consider that we used to at least get two modes for our original purchase.
Yeah I definitely see what you mean. I guess I was just seeing it as if it already hurts, at least give me something I want, but you're definitely right that that would likely not be well received, and rightfully so. It's because of moves like this that people rage about dlc even when it's handled well, Tekken 7 being a shining example.

Reactions: Jen

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
That guy that introduces himself as Redfield is definitely not Chris we all know, otherwise they would change his appearance in Vendetta, but instead they kept his look from previous games, his facial structure is way different from Chris'
It's either hunk, but he'd be older than he looks by now or someone else related to Umbrella is impersonating him to gain Ethans trust or whatever, I don't think that is the Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom