• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Episodic release vs retail release

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Just to clear up some info regarding the season pass, and content.

http://gameidealist.com/news/capcom...ations-2-length-platinum-trophy-and-more-160/

From this link:

Last but not least, he also addressed the disparity in the prices for Resident Evil Revelations 2. For the uninformed, buying each episode separately costs slightly less than downloading the Complete Season and a lot cheaper than the Retail Disc release. Mike Lunn explained that this is due to the Complete Season having additional bonus content. The disc version is going to include even more extras as well.

3 options of buying. From lowest price range to highest

1. Episodic releases
This method gets you the 4 episodes which complete the campaign story, it's likely you get raid mode too and some maps for it.
This is the cheapest option.

2. Season pass
Paying up front for all episodic DLC and availability to download them as they come out, slightly more expensive than the former method but you get some extra content.

3. Disc release
You get the full game and full content upon release, you can't play it early though. This costs the most amount of money.

I'll be getting the disc release because I like to play my game in full and want to benefit from whatever full content is there, be that raid characters or maps.

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Same here. I'll wait (and pay) for the disc version. Not because I'm one of those people who need to have everything on disk rather than just as a digital download, but first of all for the same reason you stated, and secondly because I don't have a credit card at the moment, so I couldn't buy it on Steam even if I wanted to.

Oh, and I hear the extra stuff of the disc version will become available as DLC, most likely not of the free kind, so if you buy all the episodes separately and the special contents one by one, it will probably come down to roughly the same price in the end anyway. I'd rather have everything at once, though - much less complicated!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
At the moment, it's either the Season Pass or Retail version for me. It mainly depends on what is all extra content is. I'm not going to buy them separately even though it's the cheapest option. I'm mainly leaning to getting the Season Pass because I have a feeling that I won't care for the extra content on the Retail version is, but I'm going to wait until they announce what all the content on the Retail version is, then I'll decide.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If this source is to be believed, they already did: The retail version adds Wesker as a playable character in Rape Mode, the Throwback Stage Pack that was originally announced to be PlayStation-exclusive, and a few costumes.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I don't see why the author is unimpressed with wesker coming back as a RAID CHARCATER.
I was surprised he wasn't a dlc character for re6 to be honest. Bringing him back to life would have angered me but I'm conpletely fine with him as a bonus stage character.

Also I'm very interested in the throw back stage packs

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Definitely retail version for me, I want to have all the content. :) Guess I'm going to have to avoid this area of the forums for a while when the game comes out to avoid spoilers.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm a collector snob. I refuse to do digital downloads. Disk is the only option for me. I wouldn't even buy it if it were download only. I would just play my buddy's so I could say I beat it.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm getting both the season pass and the disc version. I figure both together are about the same price as just about any other game, so it's not that big a deal. That way, I can play the game as it's released and have all the content (I also greatly prefer to own a physical copy of anything I buy).

Top Bottom