• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

End of Resident Evil 7 possibly an alternate universe?

Competitive Streak

I know there are some threads out there discussing this but I have a specific theory that I wanted to know how others felt on the subject. My theory is that this game is in a completely different universe entirely. One where Chris works for Umbrella because Umbrella actually isn't the evil corporation we know and love. The main reason (as silly as it sounds) is that the umbrella logo color is inverted. The game had very little in the way of an opportunity to tell us much in the short ending but the Chris reveal along with the view of the Umbrella logo at the end of the game were two big focal points. Also Chris traditionally works the good guys and while this can be spun in multiple ways this is just one way to interpret it. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Except it is 100% within the canon universe. That logo is the same one from the Umbrella Corps game, meaning its those guys rather than the original Umbrella. As for Chris, well. Its either a clone like Carla, Chris faking a heel turn to bring them down on the inside, or Chris has actually gone dark side. My hopes are the Not A Hero story DLC will explain most things, since Chris is the star of that DLC.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I know there are some threads out there discussing this but I have a specific theory that I wanted to know how others felt on the subject. My theory is that this game is in a completely different universe entirely. One where Chris works for Umbrella because Umbrella actually isn't the evil corporation we know and love. The main reason (as silly as it sounds) is that the umbrella logo color is inverted. The game had very little in the way of an opportunity to tell us much in the short ending but the Chris reveal along with the view of the Umbrella logo at the end of the game were two big focal points. Also Chris traditionally works the good guys and while this can be spun in multiple ways this is just one way to interpret it. Would love to hear your thoughts!
They wear the same armor as the coons in UC. Likewise same logo.

As for chris? I don't believe that was Chris. Everything else points to this guy being a completely different mook. It might be Capcom's attempt at being Meta by lying and it'll all be explained at a later time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom