• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Early ideas for the series?

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
I remember reading an article somewhere about the the development of the series. From what i remember is that capcom wanted each game to have a completely different storyline and not be connected to the previouse game in any way (ie no umbrella or t vitus or racoon city in the sequal) Bare in mind that this was around the start of the first games development.

Kind of like how each film in the halloween series was going to be completly unrelated to each other.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In one of the early scripts for RE2, Claire (Who had a different name actually and I'm too lazy to go look up what it was lol) was not Chris' sister...In fact, she had no relation to ANYONE in the series...They decided to make here Chris' sister to give here more relevance and make more intertwined with the games predecessor...

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I think you're talking about Resident Evil "1.5". The girl was Elza Walker, a blond schoolgirl. They scrapped the whole game a few weeks before their deadline, and built it up from the ground again. Props to Capcom for that!

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Okami is correct. Her name was Elza Walker, who was a motorcycle enthusiast, I think.

Despite 1.5 being scrapped for not being good enough, I do wish Capcom had included some of 1.5's area's in BH 2.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I don't want a little bite of RE4's "Fog/Hookman Version", I want to swallow the whole apple. I wish my programming skills evolve enough to allow me to build it one day!

sbr999

Talking about early ideas:
The zombie horse concept from RE 1.5. It's pretty hillarious, I think. XD
Zombie-horse.png

Top Bottom