• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Do zombies turn to Crimson Heads in RE0?

bruno

Chief Researcher
T-Vaccinated Kid;100956 said:
If only we could get our hands on the T-Virus from the black market we could do a little experiment. We could see if a zombie we let starve mutates into a Licker, or if it first loses conscienciousness and mutates into a Crimson Head. Although I don't think the CDC would let us get away with that experiment. lol.

I'd rather try and sequence the virus' genetic info before starting infecting people, haha.
I believe the scientists introduce certain genes in the t-virus and use it as a vector, to introduce those genes in the host.
Biologically, it makes more sence to have only one transformation because, as you said, such complicated pathways usually need a huge number of genes, and the virus has a limit to the ammount of genes it can carry.
I believe each t-virus strain has some differences in the genes they carry, and thus inducing different pathways (which may only be activated under some stress situations). It's very unlikely that the t-virus causes a evolutionary process.
I know, these discussions are inevitable, i'm just trying to fill the gaps so that science is respected as much as possible.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
bruno;100981 said:
I'd rather try and sequence the virus' genetic info before starting infecting people, haha.
I believe the scientists introduce certain genes in the t-virus and use it as a vector, to introduce those genes in the host.
Biologically, it makes more sence to have only one transformation because, as you said, such complicated pathways usually need a huge number of genes, and the virus has a limit to the ammount of genes it can carry.
I believe each t-virus strain has some differences in the genes they carry, and thus inducing different pathways (which may only be activated under some stress situations). It's very unlikely that the t-virus causes a evolutionary process.
I know, these discussions are inevitable, i'm just trying to fill the gaps so that science is respected as much as possible.

Well don't I feel slightly noobish. lol. I am only a student and am not quite so knowledgeable on the subject.

But still, I don't think its entirely impossible that the mutation of a specific gene can cause chain metamorphoses. Specific genes can be used for more than one purpose even in an individual, or genes may even go unused until a stimulus reactivates it.

I think the V-ACT process could, possibly, slowly alter the infectee's DNA little by little so that the changes, at first seeming superficial, not only affect the phenotype, but the genotype as well. This could explain why after being infected with the Progenitor Virus, Lickers become an entirely new species.

bruno

Chief Researcher
T-Vaccinated Kid;101228 said:
I think the V-ACT process could, possibly, slowly alter the infectee's DNA little by little so that the changes, at first seeming superficial, not only affect the phenotype, but the genotype as well. This could explain why after being infected with the Progenitor Virus, Lickers become an entirely new species.

Usually, the genetic changes are made at the same time, but the V-ACT genes are probably induced once the subject is incapacitated.

You're sugesting sontehing llike a directed mutagenesis, but you'd need a complicated procedure to do it, and surely it wouldn't be possible just by using a virus as a vector.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Yeah but remember we are talking Resident Evil here. We are putting more thought into this than Capcom did themselves. They aren't qualified. They introduced mutagenic parasites. Next they will introduce a super bacteria that will "colonize" an entire settlement. :rolleyes:

My point is you can't rule stuff out here even if it doesn't entireley make sense scientifically. Sure thinking scientifically will lead you in the right direction, but I'm thinking that you know more than the people Capcom consulted so that might be a problem.

Top Bottom