• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Wes Craven could have made an amazing Resident Evil movie

brendankeogh

What do you guys think of the idea ? Do you think he would have done a good job with the movie or do you think he would have been wrong for the job.

Decimus

Who knows...at the time I never sat around pondering whether Paul was right for job I was just happy a RE movie was getting made but the closer the movie to got to it's locked date the more I realized Paul was the wrong choice.

When they reboot RE I just pray, even though there is no god.. evidence is mounting daily, I still pray a director is assigned who wants to adapt the first game and not only that but focus on the horror, puzzles and claustrophobia of confined spaces than action and inordinate amounts of CGI. :neutral:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yeah, I think a monkey writing the movies by throwing a cactus at a keyboard would be better than Anderson.

Seconded.

Although, since Wes Craven is passed away (R.I.P.), I wonder how you guys would feel about James Wann directing a Resident Evil film saga? He's now pretty much the king of horror with Craven no longer around. If you've seen Dead Silence or either Conjuring film (especially 2), then you already know that this guy really knows how to make a scary horror film. I think he could do the series justice, either him or Del Toro.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Seconded.

Although, since Wes Craven is passed away (R.I.P.), I wonder how you guys would feel about James Wann directing a Resident Evil film saga? He's now pretty much the king of horror with Craven no longer around. If you've seen Dead Silence or either Conjuring film (especially 2), then you already know that this guy really knows how to make a scary horror film. I think he could do the series justice, either him or Del Toro.
Hmm, maybe. Isn't he more paranormal though?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Hmm, maybe. Isn't he more paranormal though?

Yeah, but I have no doubt he could pull off some scary zombie designs.

Guillermo Del Toro is another intriguing prospect, Crimson Peak had its tense moments. Plus, he said it was his dream to direct a videogame, which was thwarted twice thanks to THQ going bankrupt and Konami's incompetence (only Konami can have GDT, Hideo Kojima, Norman Reedus and Silent Hill all in one project and STILL f**k it up). He'd basically be fulfilling his dream in reverse.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Yeah, but I have no doubt he could pull off some scary zombie designs.

Guillermo Del Toro is another intriguing prospect, Crimson Peak had its tense moments. Plus, he said it was his dream to direct a videogame, which was thwarted twice thanks to THQ going bankrupt and Konami's incompetence (only Konami can have GDT, Hideo Kojima, Norman Reedus and Silent Hill all in one project and STILL f**k it up). He'd basically be fulfilling his dream in reverse.
Yeah, James Wan probably actually could pull it off.
I think it would be really interesting Guillermo del Toro did it, too.
Ooo, they could work together! :p

Top Bottom