• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Do you think they're releasing it earlier so they don't give more away?

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
In Resident Evil 5 we didn't know that Jill was still alive until after halfway through the game...One simple look at the second Resident Evil 6 trailer and someone opens their trap and says that it's Weskers son and the blonde woman is Sherry Birkin *facepalm* boy they really do need better PR representatives.

Aside from that ipwnstar4hire says that they are releasing demo's for RE6 on PSN soon but you can actually play it 60 days before the release date if you buy Dragons Dogma

Thoughts?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Capcom releasing info that the girl is Sherry Birkin isn't too bad. Though Capcom telling us that Jake Muller is Wesker's son should've been kept a secret. That would've been a huge shock factor till everyone played it. The only reason I can see them releasing it early is if they actually finished everything that needed to be done ahead of schedule. As for the demo, I'm not going to try it. I already know its going to be great. I don't want anymore spoilers.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
After the Wesker Jr. fiasco, I'm going to ignore any new trailer they release.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't think it's an issue...They've given us a FEW details...They've announced 30 HOURS of gameplay...There's PLENTY of room for more...

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
With the story path of Chris, Leon, and Jake being around the length of RE5, yep, there's definitely a whole lot more in store.

theinternat

Queen Internet
i think the two trailers have barely scratched the surface of what's gonna go on in RE6, our bar was just set a little lower from RE5. I'm not a hater, i adored RE5, it's just RE6 is going to be a way longer and more story driven game, according to the devs. I think there's already been more plot in both trailers than the entirety of 5 already, when i think about it :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i think the two trailers have barely scratched the surface of what's gonna go on in RE6, our bar was just set a little lower from RE5. I'm not a hater, i adored RE5, it's just RE6 is going to be a way longer and more story driven game, according to the devs. I think there's already been more plot in both trailers than the entirety of 5 already, when i think about it :p
Just curious...And I'm not trying to start an argument or anything...But what was wrong with RE5's plot?

theinternat

Queen Internet
Just curious...And I'm not trying to start an argument or anything...But what was wrong with RE5's plot?

oh nothing! it's just there wasn't much depth to it i guess. chris went to africa to discover what happened to jill and kill wesker, there wasn't much else to it. RE6 seems a bit more fleshed out story-wise. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
oh nothing! it's just there wasn't much depth to it i guess. chris went to africa to discover what happened to jill and kill wesker, there wasn't much else to it. RE6 seems a bit more fleshed out story-wise. :)
But wasn't RE5 supposed to be closure to a very well established plot that spanned several games already...So of course by itself it didn't have much...But it shouldn't be looked at alone...It has to be looked at with RE1, Umbrella's End, and Lost in Nightmares, AND RE5...All those together form the one plot...RE5 being the climax...

theinternat

Queen Internet
But wasn't RE5 supposed to be closure to a very well established plot that spanned several games already...So of course by itself it didn't have much...But it shouldn't be looked at alone...It has to be looked at with RE1, Umbrella's End, and Lost in Nightmares, AND RE5...All those together form the one plot...RE5 being the climax...

hmmm you're right! i didn't really think about it that way. i guess i'm just so excited about all the new that's going to be in RE6. i can't see it being spoiled by a few trailers and character reveals...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
hmmm you're right! i didn't really think about it that way. i guess i'm just so excited about all the new that's going to be in RE6. i can't see it being spoiled by a few trailers and character reveals...
I hear ya...And I wasn't trying to tell ya how to think or anything...There is just a lot of RE hatin' out there that really doesn't seem justified...Though you did state in the beginning you weren't a hater lol...Anyway...

zeroskaterz92

well, there's still an unknown rich guy who leading the third organization, who exactly is the woman with red scarf. what exactly the Chrysalid experiment is. most of them are just rumors. if Capcom show us this much, so i'm sure there is still plenty of stuff.
i hope that Capcom didn't really screw up RE6 as much as they screwed up with the original project for RE5.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
so, I guess we just gotta wait...I don't really mind waiting because im very busy with an illustration class but, I would have liked to see a vid of gameplay rather than knowing wesker had a son -_-
(theres nothing wrong with that, Im just kinda stunned wesker had a kid.)

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
In Resident Evil 5 we didn't know that Jill was still alive until after halfway through the game...One simple look at the second Resident Evil 6 trailer and someone opens their trap and says that it's Weskers son and the blonde woman is Sherry Birkin *facepalm* boy they really do need better PR representatives.

Aside from that ipwnstar4hire says that they are releasing demo's for RE6 on PSN soon but you can actually play it 60 days before the release date if you buy Dragons Dogma

Thoughts?
the way you word this thread, i was going to agree and say i hope not!!! cause it scares me cause they are releasing it early that they are going to cut alot out and resell it as all dlc , like Crap-com always does lately!

Jgraeme1979

I must be honest, I liked RE5, admittedly not as much as the previous titles, but it was enjoyable enough BUT, I wasn't excited about it, or looking forwards to it as I'd been like I had, for example, for Nemesis or Code Veronica.

This however looks like it's going to be a good game, so understand why as a few people have said they may be tempted to release early rather than let details about the game be leaked out, although again would have thought the announcement of Wesker's son would have been better left for the player to find out in game. I actually believe them when they say they'd ahead of schedule and want to get it out to us as early as they can.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I must be honest, I liked RE5, admittedly not as much as the previous titles, but it was enjoyable enough BUT, I wasn't excited about it, or looking forwards to it as I'd been like I had, for example, for Nemesis or Code Veronica.

This however looks like it's going to be a good game, so understand why as a few people have said they may be tempted to release early rather than let details about the game be leaked out, although again would have thought the announcement of Wesker's son would have been better left for the player to find out in game. I actually believe them when they say they'd ahead of schedule and want to get it out to us as early as they can.
All I have to say...Is you're the bomb...You liked RE5, AND you have faith in Capcom...We need more people like you around here lol...

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
All I have to say...Is you're the bomb...You liked RE5, AND you have faith in Capcom...We need more people like you around here lol...
I've always had faith in Capcom, ever since the oldschool RE games, sure they made a few mistakes in the past, some RE games weren't as great as other, some were absolutely horrible, but i will always have faith in them, and i have faith they will make RE6 absolutely mind blowing.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've always had faith in Capcom, ever since the oldschool RE games, sure they made a few mistakes in the past, some RE games weren't as great as other, some were absolutely horrible, but i will always have faith in them, and i have faith they will make RE6 absolutely mind blowing.
You're a good man my friend...

Reactions: Xi.

Jgraeme1979

Thank you lol. I'm not saying that Capcom don't do things wrong sometimes, just considering what other companies do (*cough* EA *cough*), they are not as bad. Would have been nice to have more of the survival horror feel around RE6 like the earlier games but suppose with other games coming out since the first they are trying to create something new.

Top Bottom