• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Do you prefer Barry or Claires scenarios?

black 93

For me its probably Barry, his first chapter in the dark woods when you first meet the Renevants was intense paticularly on no escape difficulty. I also loved the parts with the glasp creatures, hearing Natalia say " no, more left!" or "more right!" then actually hitting it felt very satisfying. I also really enjoyed his last chapter, fighting through the mines and the mansion and the lab, then facing off against alex was probably my favourite part of the game. Also Claire and Barry working together at the end was awesome to watch as its something i never thought id see. As expected Barry has some awesome dialouge in this game " speak for yourself, iv had my fill of mansions" " course she did, shes a ****ing burton!" and my personal favourite, "COME AT ME SHE WESKER!" :D I enjoyed claires too but Barry stole the show for me in this game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Claire, definitely. I enjoy Barry's first chapter more than hers (a forest location in RE, finally!), but it goes downhill from there: The second one consists almost entirely of revisiting places you've already explored as Claire, the third is extremely dull (especially the sluice fortress), the fourth has that annoying gas section and is so long that I usually wish it was over already by the time I reach the location most fans consider the highlight of the entire game. I also find glasps and revenants pretty annoying.

Story-wise, Barry's scenario is slightly more interesting because that's where the big revelations take place, but everything else is better in Claire's, in my opinion.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Both were amazing, and I love how they come together at the end. I love seeing how different the places are six months later. When I fought Claire's final boss (the real one, not the end thing) I thought it was so cool that it was the same area as where Barry and Natalia met the mutated Alex. But anyway, both were awesome.

Artas1984

Barry's scenarios were more dull - more revisited places, and the biggest problem was the weakling monsters. I was disappointed that Barry never got to face monsters as strong as Claire did with the exception of one rare specimen.

Barry's missions were nice at the end - i thought the gas mine was awesome, how come it's annoying for someone? It is the other way - that is what makes the best out of game.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
both were awesome but I choose Clair's scenario...
although I still think Clair needed a sniper rifle too.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I loved them both. I think Claire's chapter 3 was one of the best. Alex's puzzles really show how sick she really is. Seriously... watching these sick twisted games that look like they were pulled out of the SaW films was rather disturbing.... and Alex was watching and probably enjoying every moment of it. Alex might be debatably the most intelligent person in the series but she's ****ed in the head.

black 93

The thing i liked about Barrys sections was even though it was the perfect oppurtunity for capcom to be lazy, they didnt really. Since Barry visits most of claires areas, capcom could have easily given him the same enemies and stuff but they didnt. Barry was the only one who faced renevants, he found several dead terrasave members, the enviroments had changed a little since claire had gone through them, and Barry seemed to face more uroborous style enemies. Though i would love to see that prisons gas bill after that fire spewing device was on for 6 months lol

black 93

Even though i enjoy Barry's more, i will admit that Claire's does some things better. Chapter 3 was a highlight for Claire, all those traps and puzzles, and how you had to ultilise both Claire and Moira. Like using Moira's torch to see where to step in that room where all those lasers point at you. I just enjoy Barrys more because it gives off a kind of last of us vibe. An older man who feels like he's lost everything, having to partner up with a young girl to survive, and as the game progress's they develop a father daughter bond. Combine that with the scavenging, crafting and stealth kills and the game does feel similar. Plus as someone who's liked Barry since the start and honestly never thought we'd see him again, actually getting to play as him after all these years never fails to put a smile on my face.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Even though i enjoy Barry's more, i will admit that Claire's does some things better. Chapter 3 was a highlight for Claire, all those traps and puzzles, and how you had to ultilise both Claire and Moira. Like using Moira's torch to see where to step in that room where all those lasers point at you. I just enjoy Barrys more because it gives off a kind of last of us vibe. An older man who feels like he's lost everything, having to partner up with a young girl to survive, and as the game progress's they develop a father daughter bond. Combine that with the scavenging, crafting and stealth kills and the game does feel similar. Plus as someone who's liked Barry since the start and honestly never thought we'd see him again, actually getting to play as him after all these years never fails to put a smile on my face.

I couldn't agree any more with you. I much preferred Barry and Natalia's side of things because the story was much better and I think a part of this because he's the one that uncovers all of the secrets and "truths" of what is going on. Where Claire and Moira are the ones who get to experience the horrors. Generally I notice 50/50 split between fans on which side is better. (ok no I see more people say Barry's is better but I'm trying to be fair here) Some say Barry because of the writing and mystery, plus it has more depth to it. Other will say Claire because that's where the survival horror will is. She has far less ammo and is pitted in situations that would have the average person blow their brains out.

I would argue that Chapter 3 for Claire is the best in the game in terms of gameplay mechanics. The puzzles were a little too simple imho but they were also imo the BEST puzzles the series has seen to date. They were creative and most of all they actually made sense to be there. A lot of the puzzles in the series makes no sense for them to be there. In this game it makes sense because Wesker is leading her subjects through the island in a sick twisted game of trails and tribulation. A game where the winner gets probably the ****tiest prize in the word. Her consciousness transferred into them. These puzzles really give us the player a sneak peak of Alex's twisted mind and how evil she really is. She defiantely makes me think of Jigsaw from the SaW films sometimes.

[irrelevant but interesting thought]
I'm a huge Natalia fan and I'm not sure how I feel about Wesker using her body as a vessel. Actually... it ****es me off, but it also goes to show how strong that girl really is mentally and that she may have a future in the series as a protagonist who tries to fight Wesker off within her. A powerful tug of war between consciousness which will make her look like she has personality disorders from an third person perspective. This could give for some really good story telling. I would have preferred Alex to take over Moira or Claire instead, if anything this game really made those character look weak. Claire in particular seemed to show that her anxiety can get the best of her and she can become very nervous. This does show a more human side of her that was lacked in some of the past titles and really goes to show her for what she is. A survivor, but at the same time. Alex Wesker becoming a character that we've all grown up with would have had a far greater impact. Claire vs Chris? Damn that would have been awesome and feels like a wasted opportunity. Who knows.... Natalia may come to over power Alex and make her pansy out and find another "host".

elfece

Both of them were really interesting. But I liked Claire's scenario more, it was more exciting. But I have to say Natalia was way better than Moira :D

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I liked them both a lot, but I liked Claire's more for a few reasons. One being that a lot of Barry's stuff is revisiting locations from Claire's, which is cool in a way, but can also come off as a bit tedious at times. I also felt like if they were going to have Claire and Barry visit the same areas, they could've done more stuff like with the dam where Claire's actions can affect Barry's campaign. There was some of that, but I felt like maybe they could've utilized it better. Claire's had better puzzles and more true survival horror feel I thought, and finally, while both scenarios I thought did asymmetrical coop really well, I thought Claire and Moira struck a better balance than Barty and Natalia in terms of gameplay. Though again I really do like both.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I enjoyed both, and it was awesome to play as both Barry and Claire again but the edge has to go to Claire. I found her scenarios way more engaging and I was more invested in her story. (Even though I did find Moira bothersome and unnecessary.)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I find it interesting that people here like Claire's scenario better. From what I've seen else where and in general. Barry's seems to be more popular by fair margin. I suspect this is partially due to the plot. His parts were the majority of the meat. Episode 3 of Claire's is the best imho in terms of gameplay. The puzzles were ****ed up and phenomenal!

I find it interesting that people here like Claire's scenario better. From what I've seen else where and in general. Barry's seems to be more popular by fair margin. I suspect this is partially due to the plot. His parts were the majority of the meat. Episode 3 of Claire's is the best imho in terms of gameplay. The puzzles were ****ed up and phenomenal!
I liked Claire the most since she is my favorite character

Top Bottom