• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) DC or GC?

StarsiderdotSajun

I'm looking to get a copy of RE2, never played it before and really want to, but I'm not sure which console to get it for.

I have Code Veronica and Nemesis on the Dreamcast and I really love the system, so I'd love to get it on that, but if the Gamecube version has something that the Dreamcast version doesn't then obviously I'd want to get that version instead.

Thoughts?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
as far as im aware there is absolute no difference in the two. it was just ported over after remake had such success

v iBaxter

yeah dont think there is ay difference get it for dreamcast then but if u want to play resident evil remake then get the gamecube just as good.

StarsiderdotSajun

Yeah I have the Remake and Zero on the Wii, but as the Dreamcast is my favorite system I play Code Veronica and Nemesis on that and wanted to have RE 2 on there also, just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any difference between the DC and GC version so I wasn't missing out on anything.

ConvictedMP5

i play RE2 for gamecube the most but the dreamcast version is the best beacuse it has everything thats in the gamecube version along with the games 3D models. here is a video i posted on youtube showing what that is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KPQ8X6DU4

its really cool looking at and its exclusive only to the Dreamcast version. and the DC version is also exclusive to a movie browser and illistrations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s69vpgSOV_c&feature=channel

i would say that the DC version is the best version of RE2 :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
But this must mean that Dreamcast and Gamecube is in the same generation of consoles. I had thought that the DC was older than the GC.

Nice illustrations (Yutube). :)

Top Bottom