• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Cut content from RE7

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
So I stumbled across this video going a little bit into detail with what was cut from the final version of RE7. I suggest you watch it before reading on, unless you own a copy of the book "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Document File" from which all of the stuff mentioned in the video was taken from.

Although I don't think this cut content would've made a huge difference on my overall opinion of RE7, a few things shown in the video would've drastically improved the game in many ways for me.

First of all, I was bummed to find out that the original plan was to have the Bakers be much more affluent, since the house was initially supposed to indicate a wealthy lifestyle. The RE series have always been more focused on rich families (such as Spencer and the Ashfords) which simply suits the series better in my opinion. But I suppose the whole point of RE7 was to make everyone "normal" and "relatable", including Ethan himself. I think this was a mistake. I would've loved to explore a big old luxury mansion in the swamps, and see it degrade into a molded mess. The whole idea of making everyone "everymen" was ruined anyways since Mia turned out to be a covert operative, and then Capcom turned Ethan into a superhero in Village.

I also like that there were several other family members planned for the game, in particular the creepy twins. They could've done some serious The Shining-inspired stuff with those two. Overall, there were many scrapped enemies which the game would've benefitted from, including the female molded and actual zombies (!). Seriously, why they decided to cut actual zombies from the game is nuts. I think it would've helped the story in many ways, including explaining why some turn into molded while others don't. The alleged scene where a human turns into a molded in real-time would've improved this, too.

There was also scrapped concept art for Eveline in a lab, which probably would've been CCTV. Overall, a lot of story material was cut which is why the story of RE7 is a mess towards the end.

Ikawaru

Every game has cut content. RE1 had TONS of content removed and some of it made its way into Remake. I do wish they had zombies/Crimson Heads instead of molded for 7 but all-in-all I don't think many of it would have made a huge difference as the game itself suffers from pacing issues and lukewarm gameplay (imo).

I like how the author of that video is like "Good job Capcom! You're awesome for doing field research and scouting locations for inspiration!" Literally EVERY major developer studio does this. xD

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Yeah, I was also laughing at some of his comments including that one. He’s definitely giving Capcom way too much credit than they deserve, but hey, that's pretty normal when it comes to YouTubers. Positive and upbeat videos full of praise will generally receive more views and likes than serious ones with actual criticism. That's why most of the biggest channels are so freaking stupid and full of fake acting, such as the most popular reaction videos where people scream nothing but "Woooow!", "Oh my god!", "Nooo waaay!" for 2 minutes straight. It's a dumb world full of dumb people, that's for sure.

Anyways, I know that every game has cut content, just like every movie has scrapped concepts, but in most cases I feel like they're not needed. Especially if the game itself is already good. Although there was a lot of cut content from OG RE1 it's still a very good game. The remake is simply an improved version that took something that was already great and turned it into perfection. I don't see it as a valid comparison.

But like I said in my post, I agree that many of these changes wouldn't have made a huge difference. They would've made parts of RE7 more enjoyable for me, but in the end it would still be the same first person game with its stupid story and Eveline.

jackbaker877

So I stumbled across this video going a little bit into detail with what was cut from the final version of RE7. I suggest you watch it before reading on, unless you own a copy of the book "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Document File" from which all of the stuff mentioned in the video was taken from.

Although I don't think this cut content would've made a huge difference on my overall opinion of RE7, a few things shown in the video would've drastically improved the game in many ways for me.

First of all, I was bummed to find out that the original plan was to have the Bakers be much more affluent, since the house was initially supposed to indicate a wealthy lifestyle. The RE series have always been more focused on rich families (such as Spencer and the Ashfords) which simply suits the series better in my opinion. But I suppose the whole point of RE7 was to make everyone "normal" and "relatable", including Ethan himself. I think this was a mistake. I would've loved to explore a big old luxury mansion in the swamps, and see it degrade into a molded mess. The whole idea of making everyone "everymen" was ruined anyways since Mia turned out to be a covert operative, and then Capcom turned Ethan into a superhero in Village.

I also like that there were several other family members planned for the game, in particular the creepy twins. They could've done some serious The Shining-inspired stuff with those two. Overall, there were many scrapped enemies which the game would've benefitted from, including the female molded and actual zombies (!). Seriously, why they decided to cut actual zombies from the game is nuts. I think it would've helped the story in many ways, including explaining why some turn into molded while others don't. The alleged scene where a human turns into a molded in real-time would've improved this, too.

There was also scrapped concept art for Eveline in a lab, which probably would've been CCTV. Overall, a lot of story material was cut which is why the story of RE7 is a mess towards the end.
One thing I wished Resident Evil 7 did was dive into how the Bakers lived their lives before Evie infected them. I know we see some, but I just felt like I wanted more.

Ridley Lockhart

Every game has cut content. RE1 had TONS of content removed and some of it made its way into Remake. I do wish they had zombies/Crimson Heads instead of molded for 7 but all-in-all I don't think many of it would have made a huge difference as the game itself suffers from pacing issues and lukewarm gameplay (imo).

I like how the author of that video is like "Good job Capcom! You're awesome for doing field research and scouting locations for inspiration!" Literally EVERY major developer studio does this. xD
There are only THREE games in the whole series that has Crimson Heads...REmake, Umbrella Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City. Come on Crapcom. It's like they flat out Refuse to give us what we want!

They must've thought the C-virus zombies from RE6 that are only in Leon/Helena's campaign would make everything all chummy. Not, those zombies were whack, and quite a few carrying either blunt weapons to bludgeon you to death or the occasional zombies wielding firearms. There's the ones with an assault rifle that shoot erratically, or my personal favorite, zombie wielding .45 Magnum and for some reason has a crack shot everytime..like seriously there's no moving out of the way, only option is shoot that bastard before he shoots you.

Top Bottom