• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised crimson heads

weskerfan

the idea that zombies come back to life faster and more lethal,i find this alittle off.especialy since it only happens in re1.does anyone agree?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
The first time I saw a Crimson Head I almost crapped myself. ^_^ Even just the way they rise up is freaky as hell! I was really surprised and disappointed that Crimson Heads weren't in Resident Evil Zero. I think they're awesome!

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
The crimson heads were cool it's a pity they didn't appear in RE0 they made RE1 even freakier scarier which is what i liked.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it wasnt really the zombie coming back to life again, because if you blew its head of, or used the lighter fuel to set fire to it, then it wouldnt come back as a crimson head...(p.s top tip when playing hard, set every zombie you kill on fire, you dont wana come up against a crimson head when you have just a knife)
if its dead already think of it this way, taking a few bullets just slows it down, you have to do what any zombie horror suggests and burn it or blow the head off.
i personally loved this, it made you think twice about going round killing every zombie, watching a crimson head suddenly rise it, as fast as it does is scary as hell..the first time i was like wTFFFFFFFFFf paused the game and didnt un pause for ages lol.

weskerfan

the zombies ARE dead before they turn into a chrimson head.their cells are mutating inside their boby after you have killed them through gunfire.similar to how wesker gained power from the virus after he was killed.the only reason why they dont turn into chrimson heads after you blow their head off(becouse their cells cannot recieve messeges from the brain for them to mutate)and burning their body(becouse their cells are obviously obliterated by the heat so they cannot mutate,therefore the zobie host stayes dead).so how about THOSE apples.!

BillyCoenJCR1418

Crimson Heads are deadly! I'm really glad they added them into the remake, gave horror an extra meaning when playing RE!
Just some info, the Crimson Heads barely made it into the game within 6 months from the release date. They weren't in the original game plans when they started developing the actual game.
Crimson Heads ROCK!!!

Feng-Hi

Personally I liked them, hated knowing I had left a body behind then CREEEEPING back into the room. Hell the first time I went back after too long to try and burn the body when I'd refilled the canteen......and it got back up it frightened me almost top death!

Great addition, it aint dead till it's a pile of ash or in two distinct parts on the floor!!!!!!!

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
I like Crimson Heads. It shows that the T-virus has more than just one stage of mutation. In fact, it has three. The first being a regular Zombie, the second being a Crimson Head, and the third being a Licker. It just puts more depth into the insight of the virus that's all.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
what about hunters, tyrants, nemesis, dogs...there all part of the mutation as well.
plus i wouldnt really say it goes in stages, that imply s they go zombie-crimson head-licker..they dont really turn from crimson head into lickers lol.

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
iHadeSsS;23709 said:
what about hunters, tyrants, nemesis, dogs...there all part of the mutation as well.
I was only implying human-based mutations from the T-virus, since Crimson Heads were once human. So I don't really care about the dogs. However, I forgot to mention tyrants. Hunters don't really count as a stage of the mutation for just humans/T-virus since they are combined with reptilian genes aside from just getting the normal T-virus. (Since once agian, I'm just talking about pure human-based) So, I guess I'm not so sure if a Tyrant is completely human based or if the scientists combine other gene mutations and I know Nemesis isn't, so whatever.
iHadeSsS;23709 said:
they dont really turn from crimson head into lickers lol.
How, do you know that they don't? Anyway, it's still different mutations of that one same species when injected by that same T-virus.

mastermind

everything Fayrra has said i have to agree with and it all is true cause these mutations making crimson heads zombies and lickers are all from mutations of pure human genes. so tyrant is still uknown to us for there isnt enough info to support evidence. :(

Ada Wong™

The crimson heads were amazing. They made me jump out of my chair so many times, its ridiculous. When I first saw them I screamed a bit! I was playing in the dark with the windows open at night. My little cousin started crying, she got too into watching me play.

D

Deleted member 1428

Those Crimson heads are easy.... ok kinda. They're called that cause when you kill them as normal zombies they recover and their heart starts beating very fast so they get that crimsony color from the fast blood coursing throught their body.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's a stage between crimson head and licker, the regis licker (or suspendead). In fact, it only appears once, in one of the oubreaks, suspended in the ceiling of Apple Inn, and it can only move it's thongue
Here's a pic:
vlicker2.jpg

Top Bottom