• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Outbreak 1 Clunkier...

Peep

Something Horrible
Anyone notice that in Outbreak, the controls seem a bit more awkward. Everyone seems to turn at a slower pace than in the older games, and it's kinda harder to turn sharp corners without bumping into things. This is an even bigger problem when it comes to dodging zombies. Do certain characters move/turn quicker than others? Oh yeah, then there's how you can't aim your weapon up or down while turning.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Outbreak games and love the idea of tank controls, but has anyone else noticed this?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It's been a while since I played the Outbreak games, but I remember being put off those games quite a lot by the inferior controls - they just seem like a huge step backwards. Outbreak and File 2 are among maybe the only 4 Resident Evil games ever that I just couldn't bring myself to complete. I think if Capcom ever decides to HD-ify those games and re-release them, they really need to refine the responsiveness of the controls, like they did with Deadly Silence.

Peep

Something Horrible
It's been a while since I played the Outbreak games, but I remember being put off those games quite a lot by the inferior controls - they just seem like a huge step backwards. Outbreak and File 2 are among maybe the only 4 Resident Evil games ever that I just couldn't bring myself to complete. I think if Capcom ever decides to HD-ify those games and re-release them, they really need to refine the responsiveness of the controls, like they did with Deadly Silence.
I never thought the controls were terrible or anything in my opinion, but in outbreak everything just felt very slow. Coupled with the slow loading times, it just makes me have to be in the right mood to play it. Playing Outbreak and then switching to 3 was like a breath of fresh air. Even the damn item box selection was fast. Lol.

The controls is alot different depending on which character you chose to play as. However I think it's easy and fast to control. That being said I have spent hundreds of hours playing Outbreak so I am so used to the controls.

Peep

Something Horrible
The controls is alot different depending on which character you chose to play as. However I think it's easy and fast to control. That being said I have spent hundreds of hours playing Outbreak so I am so used to the controls.
I dunno... I would always use Luke, which was a Kevin type, but I never recall it not feeling strange when I was another character. I hope that, if they make an HD remake of Outbreak, they refurbish the controls a bit and speed up the movements.

Top Bottom