• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Closed Minded Players

Camhot56

Not trying to start an argument just saying how i feel. ok I know most of forums have been about Sheva but it is only to prove a point. In the resident evil 6 trailer we are introduced to this Helena character and people are reacting to her in such a good way. Way why did sheva not get this good response because people judged her from the start and she didnt get a chance most people say its racism others says that she didnt bring anything to the Resident evil 5 story when she acctually did you guys need to learn to let go of this expectation that a well known character should be in the game. I am trying my best to reach capcom so mway to prove my point. Sheva did nothing wrong she was not just some character to even out the race plot. People were not in the process of making the game so they dont know anything go to resident evil wikia and search Sheva and see how much of a character she is.She has every right to be involved with that story umbrella killed her parents and she wanted payback. Just as all the other characters did. You people need to open your eyes and realize that resident evil is changing and you either accept or dont.

Camhot56

It means when you try to lure someone into a argument.

Your topic title starts off by calling us "close minded" for not liking Sheva.

That obviously isn't the right way to start a topic.

This is not only for Sheva its for all the other characters react to jsut because their new.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
This is not only for Sheva its for all the other characters react to jsut because their new.

But no one has reacted that way towards anyone new except Sheva.

And its pretty obvious this topic was started because of what was said on the SHEVA topic.

So obviously that is who you are referring to.

Camhot56

I am just trying to get people to react better to new characters because their is going to be a character that people are going to hate way more than sheva and then there will be another argument like this.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I am just trying to get people to react better to new characters because their is going to be a character that people are going to hate way more than sheva and then there will be another argument like this.

Your obviously not listening...

NO ONE REACTED NEGATIVELY TOWARDS JUST ANY NEW CHARACTER, JUST SHEVA.

I didn't see anyone react negatively towards Chris's new partner in Revelations.

Your making it seem as if we hate all new characters for no reason which is not the case.

Get over it dude.

People do not like Sheva.

Its ok if you do, but we do not.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The only reason people usually don't like Sheva is because they'd like to see Chris and Jill defeating Wesker side-by-side, and Jill's place was kind of taken over by Sheva. It's not that people don't like to see new characters, but RE5 was not the best game to introduce something new. Besides that, most fill-up characters have a strong backstory, while Sheva's only story is that her parents were killed xD
However, lots of people like Sheva, it's a matter of opinion, don't be angry just because people think differently.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I never had a problem with Sheva in any fashion. I felt she brings more to the table than other canon characters such as Ashley (who only serves as a plot device because she is the president's daughter), Ark Thompson (who is only noteworthy because of a mentioned link to Leon), Bruce McGivern (I have played the game, but still ask myself who the F is this guy and why do I care?), or Fong Ling (see Bruce.).

I feel many people unjustly level the hate on Sheva for three reasons:
1) She takes over Jill's spot as Chris' Partner for one game.
2) they fail to realize (or just don't care) that her spotty AI (never had a problem with it myself) is a failing of the progammers and not her as a character.
3) Many feel that her inclusion was only a last ditch ploy to alleviate allegations of racism. I'm not saying if this is true or not, but to be honest I could care less if that is the only reason she is in the game.

To be perfectly honest I have more contempt for Steve Burnside as a character than any character in the franchise.
Sheva has a better backstory and by proxy a reason to "be there" than some of the characters I listed above. My opinion is that she continues the Resident Evil tradition of a fighting heroine that is tough yet sexy, instead of being a blonde bimbo that follows you around and gets kidnapped all the time. Like a bad Scooby Doo episode, seriously. My biggest complaint about RE4 and RE5 (other than the total lack of the Resident Evil feeling, and the fact that RE5 was one big missed opportunity) is the fact that you have characters that are constanly with you. In the old games the only time you really had a character around was very short, and for the majority of the game you were alone. This helped to heighten fear as you would feel isolated and alone. In RE4 with Ashley in tow I only felt annoyance and the fear that I would snap and kill her myself.

All in all I think Sheva is a solid character and I would welcome her appearence in a future game, especially over some other characters.

Camhot56

I never had a problem with Sheva in any fashion. I felt she brings more to the table than other canon characters such as Ashley (who only serves as a plot device because she is the president's daughter), Ark Thompson (who is only noteworthy because of a mentioned link to Leon), Bruce McGivern (I have played the game, but still ask myself who the F is this guy and why do I care?), or Fong Ling (see Bruce.).

I feel many people unjustly level the hate on Sheva for three reasons:
1) She takes over Jill's spot as Chris' Partner for one game.
2) they fail to realize (or just don't care) that her spotty AI (never had a problem with it myself) is a failing of the progammers and not her as a character.
3) Many feel that her inclusion was only a last ditch ploy to alleviate allegations of racism. I'm not saying if this is true or not, but to be honest I could care less if that is the only reason she is in the game.

To be perfectly honest I have more contempt for Steve Burnside as a character than any character in the franchise.
Sheva has a better backstory and by proxy a reason to "be there" than some of the characters I listed above. My opinion is that she continues the Resident Evil tradition of a fighting heroine that is tough yet sexy, instead of being a blonde bimbo that follows you around and gets kidnapped all the time. Like a bad Scooby Doo episode, seriously. My biggest complaint about RE4 and RE5 (other than the total lack of the Resident Evil feeling, and the fact that RE5 was one big missed opportunity) is the fact that you have characters that are constanly with you. In the old games the only time you really had a character around was very short, and for the majority of the game you were alone. This helped to heighten fear as you would feel isolated and alone. In RE4 with Ashley in tow I only felt annoyance and the fear that I would snap and kill her myself.

All in all I think Sheva is a solid character and I would welcome her appearence in a future game, especially over some other characters.

Hoesntly you desreve a million dollars for that post Ive been trying to saythat but couldnt find the words thank you I am at least happy to that others kind of support my idea.

Top Bottom