• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Classic outfits confirmed... but...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Aaand Capcom strikes again...

This is NOT Claire's classic outfit. Were they too lazy to add sleeves and just recoloured the Military outfit, or is this supposed to be fan service?

Goodness, no wonder some people fall for this “different timelines / multiverse“ crap...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I personally think it would look a lot better with the sleeves. It looks like she's only wearing a vest at first... You know until you get to the tiny bit of black below her cleavage. (And since when did Claire show cleavage?)

FYI Capcom: it's not original or classic if you alter it.

Reactions: Jen

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I guess I'm weird cuz I don't really care about the classic outfits and have preferred Claire's redesign since the beginning.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I actually love Claire’s outfit here. It is a bit more revealing than any other outfit she’s been featured in but it still has that tough, tomboy look that I always loved.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'd rather see some sleeves from the back, but I think the boots are more distracting, they seem too big and loose on this character model.
But I'm hardly a fan of Claire's RE2 outfit regardless. I prefer Claire's outfit in CODE Veronica, or Elza Walker's in 1.5

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The outfit just looks off to me in general, but I'm not really a big outfits person. Even so, if they're calling it a classic outfit, it has to be pretty much identical to the original.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don't get it. Why make such a big deal about covering up Ada's body as a way of not sexualizing her, when you're sexualizing Claire's classic outfit anyway.

You can't have it both ways, Capcom.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't get it. Why make such a big deal about covering up Ada's body as a way of not sexualizing her, when you're sexualizing Claire's classic outfit anyway.

You can't have it both ways, Capcom.
When did they say that? I just read that it was because Ada's original outfit wasn't realistic. Plus, there's a difference between a default costume and an alternate costume.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Claire's outfit doesn't look sexual at all... The sleeves don't really bother me to be honest. I always thought it looked weird in the original game and figured they did it for censorship. However, the lack of gloves does bother me.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
When did they say that? I just read that it was because Ada's original outfit wasn't realistic. Plus, there's a difference between a default costume and an alternate costume.

Which doesn't make a lick of sense because, as a spy, it's NOT in her best interest to dress conspicuously like she is in her new outfit, it's pretty much a dead giveaway. Her classic outfit was exactly how any spy should dress.

The inevitable sh!t-flinging from Western journos like Kotaku, Polygon, etc. might've had something to do with it.

Jonipoon

I think that was pretty obvious. In this modern era game developers and journalists talk about covering up female characters as a way of not sexualizing them all the time, a famous example is the new Lara Croft wearing pants instead of mini shorts since that's simply more practical.

Which doesn't make a lick of sense because, as a spy, it's NOT in her best interest to dress conspicuously like she is in her new outfit, it's pretty much a dead giveaway. Her classic outfit was exactly how any spy should dress.

The inevitable sh!t-flinging from Western journos like Kotaku, Polygon, etc. might've had something to do with it.
Agreed. I mean, just google "spy outfit" and this is what you get:

GUEST_0c23167f-9e35-4d39-81ef-ececc6a84ae5

Ada's new outfit simply screams "SPY" all over it. It doesn't make sense. However, who would've guessed that a woman wearing a red gala dress is a spy?

Roku

I don't think they changed it for fan services purposes.
The black t-shirt seems the same one she's wearing in her new default outfit, so if anything, I think this has more to do with the scene were she gives her jacket to Sherry.

Other outfits, like her noire one will probably remain unchanged after that scene, but this one? The classic one pretty much associated with that iconic scene? I'm pretty sure that it will be changed and it'll have the jacket removed after that point of the game; they probably changed her shirt to work around that.

Wesker22x

Perhaps, you could send the fan mail...& asks them politely about customize your Character appearances. Very popular in the mmorpg. Get to color your clothes, your backpack. Glasses & boots. I would love to see Leon's skin as Umbrella, plus Claire's skin as Umbrella, too. It is after all 2019 (Resident Evil 2 Remake). Still have plenty of years in the future! So far, enjoy Resident Evil 2: Remake plus season DLC. I'm thinking CAPCOM wants to ask Resident Evil's fans what next to make? Resident Evil 8 or do remake of Resident Evil 3: Remake...

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Perhaps, you could send the fan mail...& asks them politely about customize your Character appearances. Very popular in the mmorpg. Get to color your clothes, your backpack. Glasses & boots. I would love to see Leon's skin as Umbrella, plus Claire's skin as Umbrella, too. It is after all 2019 (Resident Evil 2 Remake). Still have plenty of years in the future! So far, enjoy Resident Evil 2: Remake plus season DLC. I'm thinking CAPCOM wants to ask Resident Evil's fans what next to make? Resident Evil 8 or do remake of Resident Evil 3: Remake...

The Nemesis Remake is in production already which is clearly understandable after Capcom released the remake of Resident Evil fans were shouting and screaming for them to remake Resident Evil 2 now that RE2 has hit store shelves Capcom knew that the fans would demand a remake of Resident Evil 3 Nemesis so therefore started production on it after they revealed Resident Evil 2 at E3.

Jonipoon

That looks horrible to be honest. It just looks like her cleavage and arms are covered in black paint.

Top Bottom