• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Classic Literature Adaptations

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Here's a fresh new topic that hopefully livens things up around here! In another thread I recently talked about how I'm watching an anime adaptation of "Treasure Island," based onthe classic book! I'm really loving it, and it got me thinking, what other adaptations of classic literature do you guys love? Be it movies, video games, TV shows, whatever it may be! Aside from this version of Treasure Island, I also REALLY enjoyed American McGee's Alice and the sequel Alice: Madness Returns. Alrighty guys, your turn!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I watched the 1933 Universal adaptation of H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man for October, which is an amazing movie for its age.
Great effects and a performance from Claude Rains as the titular character, his fim debut.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I watched the 1933 Universal adaptation of H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man for October, which is an amazing movie for its age.
Great effects and a performance from Claude Rains as the titular character, his fim debut.

Oh this sounds like it would be an AWESOME watch!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do enjoy Baz Lurhmann adaptations of classic literature. His highly stylized versions of Romeo and Juliet and The Great Gatsby were delightful. And don't forget that he also performed the 1999 hit "The Sunscreen Song". Classic.

However, my favorite piece of classic literature to get any sort of adaptation/faux sequel is Hook. Hook is such a great film. With a great cast, story, and the cinematography/costuming being some of the best of the 90's - the movie will always be one of my favorites.

Top Bottom