• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom's "huge" creativity...

undeadluke

Hi there, I'm I new user and fan of Resident Evil! =D

When I watched the first RE6 trailer, when I saw Sherry I just thought "I've just seen this girl before...". First, thought it was Ashley from RE4, but then I made the comparisson between the two pics and just noticed that they don't look like each other that much. Today I was just remembering some old Capcom games and Dino Crisis came in my mind (such an EPIC game...) then I remembered of Paula, from Dino Crisis 2 (who played it surely knows who she is), and just realized she looks a lot like Sherry in RE6. It's just a coincidence or Capcom recicles some of the old stuff in other games?

Here is the comparisson for those who don't remember (or didn't saw) her:

5TvO9.png

WTF Capcom??

Oh, and any of you see similarities between the never released RE4 Beta and the first Devil May Cry?

Hahaha, and you, have you noticed

any similarities between some old and new Capcom titles?

---- EDIT ----

PS: forgot to say, RE4 Beta version's fog is very similar to Uroboros in RE5...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
They have a few characters that look alike, especially between Dino Crisis and Resident Evil; Jill and Regina - except for the hair color - and Gail, Nicholai and Krauser all look pretty similar in addition to the Sherry/Paula theme. I guess what they do is they use characters and, if the character is liked or memorable but there's no further use for them in the series, like with Nicholai, they recycle the look into different characters sort of like a biased predisposition to make a new character likable. (And from what I hear about the reception to Krauser in RE4 and the Operation Javier mission in Darkside Chronicles, I'd say it works on some level.)

And sometimes this predisposition technique seems to be completely dependent upon the creators likes and dislikes instead of fan opinions, especially when some of the recycled bits are taken from an unpopular series, game or heinously disliked characters.

undeadluke

Whoa, almost forgot of these lookalikes, Gail REALLY looks a lot like Nicholai o.o.

Yeah, what you said makes a lot of sense, they probably use similar designs to old memorable characters to make the new ones more accepted and liked by the community. ^-^

Nice said Magnolia Grandiflora! haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hi there, I'm I new user and fan of Resident Evil! =D

When I watched the first RE6 trailer, when I saw Sherry I just thought "I've just seen this girl before...". First, thought it was Ashley from RE4, but then I made the comparisson between the two pics and just noticed that they don't look like each other that much. Today I was just remembering some old Capcom games and Dino Crisis came in my mind (such an EPIC game...) then I remembered of Paula, from Dino Crisis 2 (who played it surely knows who she is), and just realized she looks a lot like Sherry in RE6. It's just a coincidence or Capcom recicles some of the old stuff in other games?

Here is the comparisson for those who don't remember (or didn't saw) her:

5TvO9.png

WTF Capcom??

Oh, and any of you see similarities between the never released RE4 Beta and the first Devil May Cry?

Hahaha, and you, have you noticed

any similarities between some old and new Capcom titles?

---- EDIT ----

PS: forgot to say, RE4 Beta version's fog is very similar to Uroboros in RE5...
The DMC thing is simply explained...DMC was the original design for RE4, but it was too supernatural for an RE title, so they made an entirely new game off of it...That's why there LOTS of RE references in DMC...Just like how Leon's character design in RE4 is based off of Dante...

I actually don't think Sherry is a Paula knock-off at all...If you look at young Sherry as opposed to older Sherry, it looks just like an aged Sherry...And they did a great job of making it look like the same person, even though it's several years later...The similarities to Paula are merely coincidental...However, I agree with Flora's logic, and game franchises DO do this...I just don't believe that Paula/Sherry is one of them...

It's not laziness on Capcom's part, but more like homage to other games...Like all Capcom games are a big family, and RE, DMC, Dino Crisis, Street Fighter, ect. are all cousins...So references to each other and similarities are like the family resemblance...

Top Bottom