• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Reviving Old IP's

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
According to the below article, Capcom is going to start reviving some of their old IP's! I know there's a lot of division in this community about the company, but what can I say? Capcom is my favorite 3rd party developer of all time, so this has me jazzed! What IP's are you hoping they bring back from the dead!?

Me personally? I'm hoping we get to see a modern take on Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Kinda like what they did with MegaMan 11. Keep it a side scroller, but up the graphics and make it a whole new game, rather than a remake.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...successes_of_resident_evil_and_monster_hunter

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Dino Crisis fo sho.

Though Capcom appears to be getting back to their former glory. I don't want to jinx anything, but their last few games have all been surprisingly good like they used to churn out on a regular basis. Monster Hunter World, Mega Man 11, REmake 2 and Devil May Cry 5. Maybe now that Monster Hunter World sold over 12 million copies, they'll stop putting out half-baked games (I'm looking at you, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite). Hell, I'm pretty sure they realized their games sell better when they actually put effort into them with that game's release.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Dino Crisis is my definite go to here. DC1 and DC2 are both GREAT games. I never played Dino Crisis 3, but have watched a good portion of of a Let's Play and I was definitely left disappointed. Interesting enemy designs marred by the bad game design on the original XBOX.

This series NEEDS a Reboot.

I could also use more Megaman X games and Power Stone games!

D

Deleted member 21244

Dino crisis of course, also now that the jurassic park series returned whit box office and critical success it would be a good move by Capcom to announce a video game whit dinosaur, it could sell really well...

I hope in onimusha too

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dino Crisis fo sho.

Though Capcom appears to be getting back to their former glory. I don't want to jinx anything, but their last few games have all been surprisingly good like they used to churn out on a regular basis. Monster Hunter World, Mega Man 11, REmake 2 and Devil May Cry 5. Maybe now that Monster Hunter World sold over 12 million copies, they'll stop putting out half-baked games (I'm looking at you, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite). Hell, I'm pretty sure they realized their games sell better when they actually put effort into them with that game's release.
I'm a lover of technical fighters, and games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ultiamte Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Dragon Ball FighterZ. MvCI was my most anticipated game of 2017 when it came out. And I was so disappointed (like everyone else), that it was the first time I'd almost lost absolutely all hope in Capcom. Who I've usually defended unconditionally...even when I probably shouldn't have.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm a lover of technical fighters, and games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ultiamte Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Dragon Ball FighterZ. MvCI was my most anticipated game of 2017 when it came out. And I was so disappointed (like everyone else), that it was the first time I'd almost lost absolutely all hope in Capcom. Who I've usually defended unconditionally...even when I probably shouldn't have.
Is marvel vs capcom infinite so bad? I played marvel vs capcom 3, and I played it many many many hours, that was really good

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is marvel vs capcom infinite so bad? I played marvel vs capcom 3, and I played it many many many hours, that was really good
Oh it's that bad my friend. If you enjoyed Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then yeah, you would hate this game. Worse roster. Auto-Combos and toned town technical fighting. Ugly ass character models. A move from 3v3 fighters to 2v2 fighters. It's an absolute sh*t show of a game, and fans made sure Capcom knew it...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Oh it's that bad my friend. If you enjoyed Marvel vs. Capcom 3, then yeah, you would hate this game. Worse roster. Auto-Combos and toned town technical fighting. Ugly ass character models. A move from 3v3 fighters to 2v2 fighters. It's an absolute sh*t show of a game, and fans made sure Capcom knew it...

Pretty much this, plus most of the roster is reused from UMvC3 minus the X-Men and Doom, and it includes characters nobody wanted back like Firebrand, Nemesis and Spencer. I understand Chris coming back since he's technically the face of RE, but those 3 coming back over Amaterasu, Vergil and Wesker? Or fresh new faces still waiting for their time to shine like Asura, Gene, Regina, BoF Nina, etc.?

And that's another thing: it literally only gives you 5 new characters that aren't paid DLC while locking the rest behind DLC, and half the DLC characters are already on the disc and in the damn story mode to boot. Sigma is DLC despite him being one half of the game's end boss, and you have to pay to use Black Panther and Monster Hunter despite them being in the story mode. The game literally forces you to fork over an extra $30 and still get an inferior roster to vanilla MvC3.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Pretty much this, plus most of the roster is reused from UMvC3 minus the X-Men and Doom, and it includes characters nobody wanted back like Firebrand, Nemesis and Spencer. I understand Chris coming back since he's technically the face of RE, but those 3 coming back over Amaterasu, Vergil and Wesker? Or fresh new faces still waiting for their time to shine like Asura, Gene, Regina, BoF Nina, etc.?

And that's another thing: it literally only gives you 5 new characters that aren't paid DLC while locking the rest behind DLC, and half the DLC characters are already on the disc and in the damn story mode to boot. Sigma is DLC despite him being one half of the game's end boss, and you have to pay to use Black Panther and Monster Hunter despite them being in the story mode. The game literally forces you to fork over an extra $30 and still get an inferior roster to vanilla MvC3.
Plus, RE is Capcom's flag ship franchise (I mean, I guess you could argue Street Fighter, but either way), and we've still never seen Leon in a MvC game. What a wasted opportunity. And yeah, taking out Wesker, who was an Evo staple character was a HUGE mistake. I really can't blame Capcom for the Marvel side of the roster. I mean, it was garbage, but I imagine that's due to pressure from Disney...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Plus, RE is Capcom's flag ship franchise (I mean, I guess you could argue Street Fighter, but either way), and we've still never seen Leon in a MvC game. What a wasted opportunity. And yeah, taking out Wesker, who was an Evo staple character was a HUGE mistake. I really can't blame Capcom for the Marvel side of the roster. I mean, it was garbage, but I imagine that's due to pressure from Disney...

This.

Hell, even some of the Marvel choices were questionable. I understand they were limited to using MCU characters for the Marvel side, but where the hell is DareDevil after his Netflix boost in popularity? Or Star-Lord? You're seriously gonna have a story mode with the Guardians of the Galaxy without the damn leader of the group? It makes no sense.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This.

Hell, even some of the Marvel choices were questionable. I understand they were limited to using MCU characters for the Marvel side, but where the hell is DareDevil after his Netflix boost in popularity? Or Star-Lord? You're seriously gonna have a story mode with the Guardians of the Galaxy without the damn leader of the group? It makes no sense.
I remember talking with friends and making Roster predictions, and you're right. Daredevil was on my list. He would be an awesome range/projectile character, that also has good close game. Making his middle range the only real weak point. But...at the end of the day, NONE of my predictions for new characters came through if I remember right. Well...I think I called Black Panther. But that was obvious, and he was technically DLC. So still not part of the main roster.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I remember talking with friends and making Roster predictions, and you're right. Daredevil was on my list. He would be an awesome range/projectile character, that also has good close game. Making his middle range the only real weak point. But...at the end of the day, NONE of my predictions for new characters came through if I remember right. Well...I think I called Black Panther. But that was obvious, and he was technically DLC. So still not part of the main roster.

Agreed, DareDevil sounds like he has dope moveset potential. I envision him having normals using his dual batons that he can throw as projectiles or turn into a staff with different movesets for each. You could also give him Elektra assists, even a level 3 where they both double team the opponent with their batons and daggers, respectively.

I'd also love to see Punisher in an MvC game, and it makes sense seeing how Capcom were the ones who made the Punisher arcade game, but Chris pretty much kills any chance of him making it in (and he IS pretty much the main face of the RE franchise, mind you). Making him stand out would be way too much work, surely more than they'd care to put in. I guess it could be done, just like they did with X-23 and Wolverine in (U)MvC3, but it would take a lot of creativity and brainstorming that they could use to a lesser degree on other characters. I could see Chris and Leon both making it in (and yes, it's very possible to make them unique), but I highly doubt Punisher with Chris already in the game.

Ironically, Blade was also supposed to be in MvC3, he even appears in Jill's ending, but he didn't make the cut simply because they feared he'd play too similarly to Deadpool despite the fact that most of his moves don't even make use of his sword, which I surmise Blade WOULD use in heavy doses along with his stake knives and other weapons. Plus imagine a story mode confrontation between Blade and Dante.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Agreed, DareDevil sounds like he has dope moveset potential. I envision him having normals using his dual batons that he can throw as projectiles or turn into a staff with different movesets for each. You could also give him Elektra assists, even a level 3 where they both double team the opponent with their batons and daggers, respectively.

I'd also love to see Punisher in an MvC game, and it makes sense seeing how Capcom were the ones who made the Punisher arcade game, but Chris pretty much kills any chance of him making it in (and he IS pretty much the main face of the RE franchise, mind you). Making him stand out would be way too much work, surely more than they'd care to put in. I guess it could be done, just like they did with X-23 and Wolverine in (U)MvC3, but it would take a lot of creativity and brainstorming that they could use to a lesser degree on other characters. I could see Chris and Leon both making it in (and yes, it's very possible to make them unique), but I highly doubt Punisher with Chris already in the game.

Ironically, Blade was also supposed to be in MvC3, he even appears in Jill's ending, but he didn't make the cut simply because they feared he'd play too similarly to Deadpool despite the fact that most of his moves don't even make use of his sword, which I surmise Blade WOULD use in heavy doses along with his stake knives and other weapons. Plus imagine a story mode confrontation between Blade and Dante.
That's so cool! I always loved Blade appearing in Jill's ending, and thought it was a nice Easter egg for Marvel fans. I had no idea he was originally going to be playable. That's a cool piece of info that I'll inevitably never forget, but will also never be useful XD. Thanks a mil.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
That's so cool! I always loved Blade appearing in Jill's ending, and thought it was a nice Easter egg for Marvel fans. I had no idea he was originally going to be playable. That's a cool piece of info that I'll inevitably never forget, but will also never be useful XD. Thanks a mil.

IF, by chance, we do get an MvC4 (and it seems like a big if after MvCI was a giant critical and commercial flop), there's a decent chance Blade will be playable seeing how he has an MCU venture coming up. They've introduced characters to promote upcoming films in the past, Rocket in UMvC3, for example.

But yeah, I think it's a cardinal sin we still haven't gotten Leon in an MvC game, this would've been the perfect time to give him his due with the hotly-anticipated RE2 remake coming up. Imagine a Raccoon City-Hell's Kitchen merged stage with the R.P.D. in the background, or even in front of the R.P.D. front gate. I understand Capcom sees Chris as THE guy for RE and will never not include him in any crossover game, but it doesn't have to negate Leon appearing. You can quite easily put them both in the game and have them play differently, contrary to what some people think. Have Leon be a rushdown-grappler character who only uses his pistol for holds which he can use to counter opponents with.

Imagine making this Vendetta clip part of his moveset, that'd be so awesome and a huge compliment to his grappler playstyle (Akira from VF has DOA-style holds and counters as well):

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
IF, by chance, we do get an MvC4 (and it seems like a big if after MvCI was a giant critical and commercial flop), there's a decent chance Blade will be playable seeing how he has an MCU venture coming up. They've introduced characters to promote upcoming films in the past, Rocket in UMvC3, for example.

But yeah, I think it's a cardinal sin we still haven't gotten Leon in an MvC game, this would've been the perfect time to give him his due with the hotly-anticipated RE2 remake coming up. Imagine a Raccoon City-Hell's Kitchen merged stage with the R.P.D. in the background, or even in front of the R.P.D. front gate. I understand Capcom sees Chris as THE guy for RE and will never not include him in any crossover game, but it doesn't have to negate Leon appearing. You can quite easily put them both in the game and have them play differently, contrary to what some people think. Have Leon be a rushdown-grappler character who only uses his pistol for holds which he can use to counter opponents with.

Imagine making this Vendetta clip part of his moveset, that'd be so awesome and a huge compliment to his grappler playstyle (Akira from VF has DOA-style holds and counters as well):

Hell, Chris being "The" go to guy for RE is a only a post RE5 development anyway. If I remember right, he wasn't even in MvC2. Jill was the character to see. And RE4 put Leon on the map as the series mascot for a while, what with it reviving the series. Hell, 5 is one of my least favorite canon games in the series. So I'm pretty damn tired of Chris XD

Top Bottom