• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Capcom releases details about residentevil.net

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Tonight I had a weird dream about Helena running around in a witch costume in RE6. Wouldn't that be funny? :p Too bad the unlockable costumes you see there are only for Mercenaries mode, that has already been confirmed by an important-looking Japanese guy at Gamescom...

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Tonight I had a weird dream about Helena running around in a witch costume in RE6. Wouldn't that be funny? :p Too bad the unlockable costumes you see there are only for Mercenaries mode, that has already been confirmed by an important-looking Japanese guy at Gamescom...
Well the multiplayer modes is where people will show of their costumes the most anyway so I doubt it really matters if they arent available for campaign. Perhaps they went that way to not spoil the serious look of the story... *flashback of RE5: is playing through the mode the first time as Chris, sees notification that someone is joining, accepts and continues from the last checkpoint, sees Sheva which seems to be getting ready for a visit to a club...emmm yh...*

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It does matter for me because I rarely play any multiplayer modes and want to use the outfits in the campaign, especially if they're funny or perverted (like pretty much everything Sheva can wear in RE5 except for her default clothes; I hope Chris gets the amazon costume this time). But there's no need to worry because I play on PC, and as I already said elsewhere, other PC gamers will find a way to make the costumes available for campaign mode sooner or later. :p (But it hasn't been confirmed yet that there won't be any unlockable outfits for the campaign at all, perhaps they will just be different.)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It does matter for me because I rarely play any multiplayer modes and want to use the outfits in the campaign, especially if they're funny or perverted (like pretty much everything Sheva can wear in RE5 except for her default clothes; I hope Chris gets the amazon costume this time). But there's no need to worry because I play on PC, and as I already said elsewhere, other PC gamers will find a way to make the costumes available for campaign mode sooner or later. :p (But it hasn't been confirmed yet that there won't be any unlockable outfits for the campaign at all, perhaps they will just be different.)
Im pretty sure there will be costumes in the game itself for campaign but as you said no need to worry for us since we are on PC ;)

DarkZhooter

바보
So you mean we're not gonna have alt. costumes in the campaign? :(

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not exactly. I mean that the costumes you unlock with RE points on residentevil.net can't be used in campaign mode. Nothing has been said about any other alternate costumes for the campaign so far. There may still be some, but not the sames ones as for Mercenaries.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I bet theres 2-3 costumes in the actual game which can be used in campaign same as it was in RE5 since REnet is completely optional.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Basicly The Costumes are for Online Use since it belongs to the RE Net

But didn't they metion something that campaign will have it's own set of unlockables

DarkZhooter

바보
Not exactly. I mean that the costumes you unlock with RE points on residentevil.net can't be used in campaign mode. Nothing has been said about any other alternate costumes for the campaign so far. There may still be some, but not the sames ones as for Mercenaries.
Oh! :DD Thanks :D I hope we get more than 3 costumes per character in the campaign :p

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Looks cool, but I don't really like that my gameplay records will be online for my friends to dissect. I play for fun, and adding that level of competition between me and my friends is just going to drive me crazy...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't feel comfortable with that either, but who knows, maybe it's like Facebook and you can actually hide some of your stats, or all of them if you prefer. We'll have to wait and see.

Top Bottom