• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Ran Out of Stories for Jill Valentine after Resident Evil 5?

JanuaryCarl

Jill Valentine’s last chronological appearance was RE5 correct?

She had been rescued by Chris after being brainwashed by Wesker... and that’s the last thing we ever know about her (unless you consider Marvel vs Capcom 3 canon where she shows up in her RE5 attire).

Jill hasn’t since been mentioned in any other RE game, movie, or series since then.

What’s happened to Jill since?
  • Is Jill still working with Chris?
  • Does Jill even know Parker made it out alive, and are they going after Jessica & Raymond?
  • Is Jill even still an agent, is she working for someone else?
  • Or maybe Jill is now just a civilian retired from active duty?
  • Did Jill finally open her sandwich shop with Barry?
  • Is Jill still suffering side-effects from Wesker’s mind-control?
  • More importantly, is Jill’s hair still blonde?
These are just a few things Capcom can explore if they want to further look into her story.

Ironically even the Live-Action Milla Jovovich RE films also ends with Jill Valentine in her exact RE5 state, in fact she disappears with no explanation and doesn’t even show up in the movie’s Final Chapter.

The RE Anime CG movies have given us multiple movies/series that started with Degeneration in 2008 and Infinite Darkness coming this year, but have yet to give us a anime CG movie with Jill. All the MC’s have shown up in these movies except Jill i.e. Leon is in everyone of them, Claire, Ada, Chris, and even Rebecca has shown up, but surprisingly it’s been over 13 years now and still no Jill.

I tried to see if there were stories of Jill since the events of RE5, and I started coming across stories of Jill and Chris settling down with a different Valentine named Jane, a clone of Jill thanks to Wesker, now running around Raccoon City... it was all pretty interesting at first until I realize these were just fanfics.

So it seems like RE fans are still very interested in Jill Valentine, but it sounds like Capcom has ran out of story ideas for her in the main RE chronological story.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
  • Did Jill finally open her sandwich shop with Barry?
  • Is Jill still suffering side-effects from Wesker’s mind-control?
  • More importantly, is Jill’s hair still blonde?
Lolz yes, most importantly her hair color...

I wouldn’t say that it’s because CAPCOM ran out of ideas for Jill. Sales is a big part of their decision making process and they know that everyone knows about Chris and Leon. The two most popular games featured them and, in the way of action, they can really utilize Leon and Chris as those action heroes for the story within the series.

From what I’ve spoiled about RE8’s ending, I feel like we may be seeing Jill and possibly other prior characters (like Barry) who have ties to the BSAA. It’s definitely set up for CAPCOM to make some pretty big moves with other major players... though maybe don’t be too surprised if Chris is leading the fight.

As far as the CGI movies go, they’ve only recently brought Claire back into the mix after the success of REmake 2 so perhaps REmake 3 was another way to reintroduce Jill’s story to the fans before moving forward with her.

But I’ve been wrong before. :p

I can imagine them revealing her in an RE9 teaser trailer and fans losing their sh*t.
That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't know if it's that Capcom's run out of storylines so much as they really don't seem to care about the core characters anymore.

There are tons of things they could do with Jill's story but that honestly holds true for all of the characters they've created that have fallen to the wayside; including side characters that people would love to see brought back.

I mean honestly, how easy would it have been to make RE7 with characters we've already seen before?

Chris/Leon/Claire/Jill goes down South to track a friend/acquaintance/aforementioned side character they received a message from and RE7 with the mold virus ensues.

They could have, they just didn't want to.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I feel like they have SOMETHING in store for her soon. As recently as 2017 the director of Vendetta stated that he wants the next CGI film to star Jill and Helena. I’ve been holding my breath since then, and am crossing my fingers ( and toes :p ) that they’ll take that opportunity soon. She’s still fresh on everyone’s minds since RE3R’s release, and it would make sense for her to be the next character we see in a main title and/or CGI film.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
That's for real? What would be the situation for Jill and Helena to team up? Hm, very mysterious

but anywhay, I don't think they have run out of ideas for her. I think I have a few in mind if I was the writer.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

That's for real? What would be the situation for Jill and Helena to team up? Hm, very mysterious

but anywhay, I don't think they have run out of ideas for her. I think I have a few in mind if I was the writer.
Yep! I have no idea how they’d team up, but I’d love to see it happen. Here’s the link talking about it. I hope they haven’t scrapped the idea... probably have, but I’m sure we’ll at least see Jill soon.

Mr.R

I don't know about the Jill and Helena thing. I mean, Helena wasn't so greatly received, not only that, but the character was made for Laura Bailey (Which actually made an outstanding job. Helena is not the most interesting character ever, but Laura slayed on her voice) and Capcom dropped big name voice actors ever since RE7. Vendetta still had Matt Mercer as Leon, but after that, they went with less known voice actors ever since, although looking in retrospect, Jeff Schine might be on road to be a big name in the future (he was Captain America in Marvel's Avengers, alongside names like Bailey, Troy Baker, Nolan North and Travis Willimghan) and Nicole Tompkins might had a nice future ahead of her too. They're both pretty competent and charismatic and I think they're one step ahead of Panisello and Apostolides (Claire and Leon in RE2R and Infinite Darkness) Also, I think they said somewhere that the movies were kinda Leon's stuff, maybe because he's an easy to recognize character for the brand, since the movies aren't marketed only to game fans. That being said, a movie could be a nice way for Leon and Jill to meet for the first time.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I don't know about the Jill and Helena thing. I mean, Helena wasn't so greatly received, not only that, but the character was made for Laura Bailey (Which actually made an outstanding job. Helena is not the most interesting character ever, but Laura slayed on her voice) and Capcom dropped big name voice actors ever since RE7. Vendetta still had Matt Mercer as Leon, but after that, they went with less known voice actors ever since, although looking in retrospect, Jeff Schine might be on road to be a big name in the future (he was Captain America in Marvel's Avengers, alongside names like Bailey, Troy Baker, Nolan North and Travis Willimghan) and Nicole Tompkins might had a nice future ahead of her too. They're both pretty competent and charismatic and I think they're one step ahead of Panisello and Apostolides (Claire and Leon in RE2R and Infinite Darkness) Also, I think they said somewhere that the movies were kinda Leon's stuff, maybe because he's an easy to recognize character for the brand, since the movies aren't marketed only to game fans. That being said, a movie could be a nice way for Leon and Jill to meet for the first time.
That would be such a shame for them to drop Laura Bailey, because to me she’s what makes Helena. It’d be alien to see her with another voice actor, so that’s sad that they’re dropping big names!

A movie would be a wonderful way for Jill to be introduced to plenty of characters, I agree. Also, if RE: outrage is going to star Rebecca, then that’s one way to slip Jill in. Revelations 2 was cool with two leading ladies... I’d love to see it again with two ladies who undoubtedly know each other again!

I mean... we could even have Jill as intel like Hunnigan if she doesn’t wanna do field work anymore. There’s no reason we can’t see her face again ;)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I was one of those who was unmoved by Helena’s character actually heh.
Of course Laura Bailey gave a great performance but, in the grand scheme of what RE6 was trying to set out to do, I found myself most uninterested in her story as opposed to others featured in the game and thought that it helped convolute everything going on entirely... but alas RE6 is a mess for many reasons and a lot of the game’s story flaws has to do with the way characters were partnered up- at least for me.

That being said, her story arc felt whole by the end of RE6 that I personally wouldn’t care to see her return anytime soon especially over other characters.

Last edited:

RipvanX

Jill sent an email to Barry in Revelations 2 stating that she was in rehabilitation still and trying to get back into the field, that was in 2011. So now Capcom has flung us into the 2020’s and potentially 2030’s with that Rose ending. I’m afraid the chance of seeing Jill in a main role again is becoming more slim as the years go on. She would have to be in a mainline side game like Revelations 3 and if RE9 will involve evil BSAA, then I am sure she will show up in some capacity.

Still not happy how they threw her recent game under the bus. It’s like Capcom has no passion for the character anymore despite Nicole giving a good performance for her. With the amount of times they keep changing the original characters appearances and voices, they are almost not the same ones anymore. I’ll never understand why Capcom cannot stay consistent.

Hardware

It’s like Capcom has no passion for the character anymore despite Nicole giving a good performance for her. With the amount of times they keep changing the original characters appearances and voices, they are almost not the same ones anymore. I’ll never understand why Capcom cannot stay consistent.
Yeah...RE3make's Jill is actually my favorite rendition of the character - she felt like she was real for the first time. My two cents is that Capcom put a lot of effort into the acting\cinematics of that game to somehow make up for the lack of content. RE8 is the opposite: not-so great acting, silly writing, weak animations (seriously: the characters are mostly inexpressive - even in RE7 their faces had more articulations) but quite a lot of content.

It really sucks that Capcom has no idea about of consistency: quite frankly, RE is probably something that should be studied in marketing classes, as it still sells despite it not having a real brand identity.

Ark2000

Just had a thought about something involving Jill. As most of the fans know by now, Ada was originally supposed to be in Village and there would be some scenes between her and Ethan where she saves him etc, but she was cut due to "conflicting scenarios". What if instead her, they had Jill in that role, and she would be actually working with Chris the whole time, considering how long they have been partners. I personally like the game as it is, but i think if Capcom did something like that, maybe more fans would like it more, and we would finally get to see original Jill once again.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I think (and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this) it's a damn shame that they couldn't find a way to work her back into the series in a MEANINGFUL way (no, a Barry e-mail doesn't count), they wasted a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for character development. Just think of all the storylines they could put her through what with the Wesker children and even THE Wesker's possible return. It'd be quite easy to work that into a game, they could even have Wesker appear via hallucinations so fans could get to see him again regardless of their future plans for the character. Instead, all we got was an e-mail file indicating she may or may not return to the field at an undisclosed date. To me, that's just downright insulting and a waste of a chance to really grow one of their most popular characters in ways no one would've thought possible before RE5.

Unknown

I think Jill will return in RE9, along with Chris again because he is going after the BSAA. Seems like the right time for her to make a return. I expect they’ll both be the main protagonists of the game like RE1, but like RE2 the stories will run alongside each other.
That’s my prediction.

Mr.R

Well, considering that Capcom goes back and forth on their timeline, we could see Jill appearing anywhere from 2011 to 2030, honestly. I really wanted her to appear in a game without Chris though. Even the first Revelations, that should've been her story had Chris on it (even though Rev1 Jill has the personality of a wooden board).

I think it would be cool to see Jill working with another team, another organization or on her own, without Chris. The series didn't gave us any indication that they were back at being partners. Marhawa Desire and 6 had Piers as his partner. In 7 he's leading the Blue Umbrella team and in 8 he has his own squad, that Jill isn't part of it. So, it would be fair for us to see Jill finally free from Chris's shadow. Also, I think RE needs a break from Chris from a while. Ever since RE5, we had Chris in almost every game that came after. Let's give the man a rest.

Unknown

I much prefer Chris over Jill so i’ll take Chris without her over her without him any day, but I vastly prefer the games in which they are together. They’re a far better duo than the other series staple duo of Leon and Ada imo, their story is tiresome. Leon is ten times better when paired up with Claire, not as a romance thing though.

Top Bottom