• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Books

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Probably not a topic that a lot of people will get excited about, but I thought I'd post anyway and give it a try.

I love reading. I particularly love it when I find a series and I can look forward to the next book in a series. I adored Harry Potter, and loved The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner and the Divergent series (although the last books in those last two were kinda lacking). I also like crime, thrillers, conspiracy and murder mystery books.

Lately I've been stuck for things to read (even though I have probably fifty unread books on my shelves). I want to get into a series again and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

We can also use this thread to discuss what we're reading and our favourite books too, and also to recommend books to others. :smile:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I know I've said it before in other places, but the Resident Evil novels by S.D. Perry are very much worth reading, which provide some pretty good adaptations of the games and some fanservice for Rebecca fans, who is a much more capable character in the books. The original novels are iffy, but still an interesting read. Better than the stuff Paul W.S. Anderson made up, honestly.

Caliban Cove also feels like one of the inspirations for Las Plagas, with the way that virus turns the people of a secluded village into pod people/voodoo zombies to serve one man with aspirations of world domination.

Right now, I'm reading this:
20181009_182840.jpg

Ark2000

I agree with you, i found most of the Perry's RE novels to be a fun read, my personal favorites are Zero Hour and City of the Dead, but i also really liked Umbrella Conspiracy and Nemesis as well.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
^^Perry's books were pretty good if you've never read them. I think Code Veronica was my favorite but they were all nice reads.

I honestly haven't read in so long, though! I'm quite ashamed to say that I don't have any current suggestions.

Depending on how much you like historical fiction, there was a series I read a few years ago about the daughter of Cleopatra by Stephanie Dray. It's a trilogy and, if I'm not mistaken Lily of the Nile is the first in the series; the other two books are Daughters of the Nile and Song of the Nile but I'm not sure what order they go in. :redface: I really enjoyed them as I enjoy history but there was also quite a bit of girl power going on as well, which I think you might like a bit. (A young orphan girl in a foreign, hostile land, living with the person who killed her parents and she still finds a way to take charge of her own future and become an influential queen in her own right.)

I also enjoyed reading Kleopatra and Pharaoh by Karen Essex - Kleopatra is about Cleopatra's life before her father died and Pharaoh is of course about her ruling Egypt. Both are extremely well written and super political - in fact it took me forever to read them both as I kept having to take breaks from all of the politics; which I've never been a fan of. But the story underneath is impeccable!

The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley was also a read I quite enjoyed, though it is only one book it's a lengthy read that details the myth of Cassandra.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on anything recent that has a continuous output of works. (Or something that wasn't historical fiction.)

Top Bottom