• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BIRTHDAY SPEEDRUN CONTEST (Medals will be awarded!)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
BIRTHDAY SPEEDRUN CONTEST

NOW EXTENDED BY A WEEK BECAUSE OF TERM-STARTING COMMITMENTS!

NOW until 00:00am Sunday 27th September 2009 (UK TIME)

CHECK THE BELOW LINK TO SEE WHAT TIME THAT WILL BE WHERE YOU LIVE IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE UK
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...7&month=9&year=2009&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p1=136

My 19th birthday's on the 19th of September, and to celebrate this I am holding a speedrun contest here! I will be away from the forum celebrating my birthday on that day probably, but the contest will finish at the end of that day and medals will be awarded soon after.

Same rules apply as last time:

RULES
1. The game you play MUST be from the Resident Evil series. It can be any game from that series apart from the mobile/cell phone games.
2. To get your medal you must leave a post in this thread with following information:
The game you played
The console form you played
Time completed
Proof of time result (this can be a video or image)
e.g. Resident Evil, Gamecube, 2:38, (image of results screen)
3. Any results posted before or after the time limit will not get medals. All entries must be posted WITHIN the time limit.
4. ENJOY :D

Note: you can enter as many times as you like on several different games if you want to within the contest period. However, if you enter the same game more than once (say you played REmake and you wanted to better your time, so you had another speedrun), you won't get a medal for each speedrun on one game - your best time for that game will stand.

CLASSIFICATIONS (all games EXCEPT RE4 and RE5)
Bronze 3 hours or less
Silver 2 hours or less
Gold 1 hour 30 mins or less
Platinum 1 hour or less

RE4 and RE5 have different classifications since the games are longer. These are:
Bronze 4 hours 30 minutes or less
Silver 3 hours 30 minutes or less
Gold 3 hours or less
Platinum 2 hours 30 minutes or less

NEW TWIST :D

There are also medals for people who do high numbers of speedruns in the contest period! These are:
Bronze 3 or more speedruns
Silver 4 or more speedruns
Gold 5 or more speedruns
Platinum 6 or more speedruns

And a TROPHY will be awarded to the person who does the most speedruns out of everybody!

GOOD LUCK!!

Torque

hmm, sounds like something im up for, considering its directly after my exams so i'd be wanting to chill and have fun for awhile :D

tequila

Bottle Lover
Oh this is a nice challenge. I'll try to play the games and post them up. School and homework takes up most of my time =/

P.S I hope you enjoy your 19th birthday very well :)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
GUNS N' ROSES!;57552 said:
does the dificulty in which you play count for anything?

It won't make the times any more lenient, but if you want me to add the difficulty level to your medal afterwards to make it look better then I can do that on a special request ^__^

Including today, about 6 days left guys!!!

teal27

Yay! Hope you have an awesome b-day, wolfgirl. I am definitely going to try for this contest this week. :D

Torque

I'll have to do a run tonight, since my last exam is today and im busy after next two days

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Does anyone want me to extend the contest because of term starting?

If I get a few "yes"s then I'll extend it by a week or something.

teal27

I'm working on my run! Don't think I'll be getting much higher than a silver; I'm such a butt-dragger, lol. Can't seem to bump up my time on my levels much. Should be done soon, though. :D

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Awesome :D

But if anyone needs this contest extended, let me know before tomorrow evening (and that's UK time!)

Torque

19092009a.jpg

Whew finally got round to doing the run :D

Not my best time i've gotten, made costly mistakes, but still an overall good time :)

Game: REmake
Console: Wii
Time: 1:55:05 (Proof Above)

teal27

Well, here I am. Lol. I'm such a SLOWPOKE. I can't seem to get things done in this game any faster; especially when I get to the later levels. I get confused even though I've played the level, like, ten times already, lol. Ugh.

Game: Resident Evil 5 (and yes, I played as Chris . . .;))
Console: Playstation 3
Time: 4:27:53

This pic is an atrocity, but my webcam didn't like the lighting and kept blurring the letters/numbers. If you need a better pic, I will see if I can take a better one. :)

2009-09-1917-00-33462.jpg

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Sweet times guys!! I'll do you guys medals ASAP, because I've got uni really soon ^__^

I'm extending the contest by a week for those who wanted to enter but had school-starting problems, but thank you so much to those who entered this week!! If any contestants want to do another run then be my guest ^__^

Torque

ismooshure3speedrun.jpg

Game: Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis
Console: PC
Time: 01:04:28 (Took SS of screen)

*Used unlimited ammo special weapons
*Easy Mode

Torque

leonaspeedrun.jpg

Another speed run 8D, able to do these since i'm nearing my school holiday's :)

Game: Resident Evil 2
Console: Pc (pSX emulator)
Time: 01:13:17

Done with no special weapons and on easy mode (since easy is equivalent to japans normal)

Top Bottom