• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Best To Worst Character Scenarios

potato

I just finished playing all 4 Scenarios, i have mix of feelings with them.

So far I felt the best to worst:

1.Jake: His scenario has a mix of all elements, from total stealth, hand to hand combat to all out firefights. The scenario also has different mix of art style. If only they reduce the QRT sessions. The ice area gave me abit of Lost Nightmare feel except you can't beat the monster.

2.Chris: His scenario is the least RE. More COD especially the Europe stage. However it's also the closest to RE5. Even though lacks the elements of RE5 it was fun to play run & gun.

3.Ada: The 1st 2 stages were boring especially the tomb stage which i hate the most. Though it's the only level that offers puzzles to solve. Things got better in China, and got worse at mission 5 with the boring Helicopter session.

4.Leon: I really hate his scenarios. Other than the 1st mission that gives some creeps (yet nothing happens), the tomb raider stage was the worst. Too many random deaths, too many deaths during cutscenes, too many QRT and too many random cutscenes. I know Leon's scenario suppose to be the main story yet i felt it's badly executed.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ogay, here we go...

1) Ada. While I think the submarine chapter is a little too hard for a first level (especially thanks to the crappy weapons you start out with) and I don't like most of the helicopter sequence in the fifth, I like pretty much everything else about it. I'm controlling one of my favourite characters, the locations are rich in variety, the Carla story is interesting, and I love the music and the overall feeling and gameplay. It's also the only campaign with both zombies and J'avo, and the only one that has puzzles (even though they only appear in the second chapter).

2) Jake and Sherry. Here, too, we have a great variety of locations and gameplay, I like the interaction between the characters and the way the story goes. Some of the game's greatest action sequences are to be found in this campaign, Jake is a nice inversion of the other "typical" hero characters we always had in previous games, and it's also nice to see Sherry again. However, it has its downsides, for example the last chapter with its big rotating "elevator" that gets on my nerves every time I play it, or the escape from Ustanak in the ice caves which is nearly impossible on difficulties higher than Normal.

3) Leon and Helena. While still fun to play, this campaign didn't live up to my expectations after Capcom's promise to go back to RE's roots with it. The first chapter has darkness, lightnings and a slower pace in an attempt to recreate the classics' horror atmosphere, but turns into a shooter shortly thereafter. It wouldn't be a bad thing if the campaign wasn't so horribly scripted! You're interrupted by cutscenes every two minutes, in some areas you're forced to walk for no apparent reason, and that slow car ride in the fifth chapter is only impressive on the first playthrough, yet it can't be skipped. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the campaign, it just has more annoying features than Jake's and Ada's.

4) Chris and Piers. Actually, I'm not quite sure if this is really the campaign I enjoy the least, it changes positions with Leon's from time to time. What bothers me about it is not the much criticised "COD gameplay", but that is has nothing else to offer, i.e. the lack of variety, the story is quite boring and Chris's character development is basically copied from RE5, although taken to more extreme levels. It doesn't really help that the Edonia chapter is one of my favourites and Chris and Piers are also among my favourite characters, it only makes it worse to think about what could have been.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
1) Leon - I prefer the whole survival horror part of Resident Evil and Leon's scenario felt most like survival horror. It had the atmosphere in the earlier part of the scenario and it was the only of the men's scenarios to feature the zombies as enemies.

2) Jake/Sherry - It was fun to play as Jake for some reason and I liked Sherry as my partner. I liked some of the locations, like up in that snowy terrain. Ustanak following you around reminiscent of Nemesis in RE3 was a nice touch. I liked it. It had the most fun final battle of the four.

3) Ada - The only other scenario to have zombies, so that's a plus. Another thing, watching Ada crawl in those pants. Loved her outfit in this game. I know the red dress is her trademark, but I'm glad she got away from it here.

4) Chris/Piers - Still enjoyable enough, but felt too much like a military game, rather than Resident Evil. Even RE5 wasn't this much like such a game. This one had the best ending, though, I'll give it that.

potato

While Leon had good atmosphere on the 1st stage, it no way gives any kind of survival feel. Simply because most of the areas are empty up until the train station what you do is being forced to walk at snail pace to enjoy the atmosphere & lightnings and watch Leon startle. Even during the prequel they could have made the 1st part more tense by throwing zombies at you but no all you do is walk away like a boss unlike Ada's 5th stage on heli where they get surrounded by zombies.

The area where you are locked in the liquor & gun store was ok but too easy coz you got so many NPC with unlimited health & ammo. Could have made a good Left 4 Dead/COD Zombie mode.

The 3rd stage was awful with the tomb raider thing, but somehow it gives more creep than other stages where the couple gets separated.

The China part was the best of Leon's, China was well designed, and the fight where you have to find 3 keys is pretty tensed with enemies keep popping up and many blocked doors. Too bad they forced you to act quick to open the door unlike Chris where you can enjoy the view. Ada & Jake's China stage were less interesting.

The boss part was kinda boring and lack challenges. Unlike previous RE where you really have to aim for the critical part this time you just unload your bullets. Only time i remember having to aim properly is when fighting Helena's sister.

I'd say Leon's scenario had some good atmospheric areas like University & China but the is the least fun of all 4 that they had to resort to leaping zombies to make the mission harder.

1) Leon - I prefer the whole survival horror part of Resident Evil and Leon's scenario felt most like survival horror. It had the atmosphere in the earlier part of the scenario and it was the only of the men's scenarios to feature the zombies as enemies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This is really hard. I think this was one of the BEST games in the series, and I wasn't particularly disappointed in ANY of the scenarios. I guess it would have to go as follows...

Leon/Helena - It felt like a very even mix of the best RE has ever offered. There creepy feel of RE2, where you wonder what's coming next. The RE4 feel of impossible odds, the action of RE5, and of course the over all story that is RE. All in all, it was very well done. The only drawback I can say in one word. Helena. What an AWFUL character.

Chris/Piers - This deserves the number two spot (Hell, ALMOST the number one spot) for one reason. Until this game I Couldn't stand Chris. I always thought he was a weak character. In fact, when I heard he was in RE6, I was hoping he would die and Piers would replace him. I was wrong, and glad I was. I loved Piers, and he REALLY grew on me, so it really hit hard when he died, but he died protecting his captain. The man he respected more so than any other. And to see Chris in such a terrible state, then see how he becomes more human again throughout the course of the game, it really was fascinating.

Jake/Sherry - Also really great. It goes without saying that it had a very RE3 feel, being chased nearly constantly at the most random of times. Once again, like RE4, it had moments where your odds of success seemed impossible, yet you pulled through. Also seeing Sherry for the first time since she was TWELVE was great. Jake was a character that I knew from the start I would like, and I wasn't disappointed. All in all, it was nearly as good as the other two scenarios, and even though it's getting third place, that doesn't mean by ANY stretch of the imagination that it's bad.

Ada - Ada comes in last, mainly because I thought the Carla Radames story would be so much more. It was kind of...well...anti-climactic in my opinion. Ada is still a great character, and the stealth missions were incredibly fun, and watching her tease Leon is always great, but I also played through the entirety of the game with my roommate at the time, and then, we couldn't even play the last part together. Still, it seems like I'm trashing Ada's story when really it was still fantastic. Kudos to you Capcom. You made an excellent game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
1. Chris/Piers: Now I understand that this is an unconventional choice but this was honestly my favorite scenario. I agree that it wasn't very Resident Evil-y but, to be honest, the series really hasn't been since Resident Evil 4 and I prefer the war-like game play to that of 4 and 5. My main problem with this scenario is the treatment of Chris' character by his peers - mainly Piers; just because he's your hero doesn't mean he's invincible and it was unfair of him to act like Chris controls fate. He's just a man. Piers' sacrifice at the end redeemed him a bit, though as Chris is the better soldier and it was the practical choice.

2. Jake/Sherry: This was the scenario I was most excited for before the games release and I really enjoyed it. I love CQC and I'm so glad Capcom is incorporating it more into Resident Evil; it was very refreshing. The plot was the most sound, aside from that of Chris and Piers, and I enjoyed the character interactions and their development over time, them getting to know each other. In fact, the only problem I had was that it felt very incomplete at the end. I felt it was a little impersonal after all that had been shared between them, their pasts and what not, and the trust they'd built up over time. I came to really care about these two and look forward to seeing more of them.

3. Leon/Helena: While this scenario was decidedly the most Resident Evil-like, it was also the slowest, most redundant, tedious scenario. (Out of the main three anyway.) If anything, it made me feel bad for Leon for having to deal with Helena's bitching, mood swings and random acts of aggression. She was the least likable of the new characters and I didn't appreciate her overall insensitivity while we were apparently supposed to drop everything we were doing to feel sorry for her. Her plot was pointless and didn't make me feel sympathetic toward her at all.

4. Ada: I felt like I was replaying the entire game from a perspective I didn't ask for and it seemed a little pointless; it showed me nothing new. The weapons were weak and the fact that Ada constantly yacked on in her monotone about how she was feeling, cause we sure as hell can't tell, and narrating her every move like we care, or can't see, bored the hell out of me. (And no matter how "awesome" she thinks she is, she's not Batman, so lose the grappling hook and forced mysteriousness. Not to mention that all that self-narration makes her sound like Mojo Jojo.) The only thing this scenario did was make me hate Ada more and feel for Carla - someone who should have really had a campaign in RE6.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
it made me feel bad for Leon for having to deal with Helena's bitching, mood swings and random acts of aggression. She was the least likable of the new characters and I didn't appreciate her overall insensitivity while we were apparently supposed to drop everything we were doing to feel sorry for her. Her plot was pointless and didn't make me feel sympathetic toward her at all.

This. Exactly This. Helena was such a waste of a character, and I really do hope we never see her again. I won't say she's as bad as Sheva, but it REALLY seems the quality of female characters has gone downhill since RE4...

potato

Why would you hate Sheeva. She doesn't talk much and is a good support character.

This. Exactly This. Helena was such a waste of a character, and I really do hope we never see her again. I won't say she's as bad as Sheva, but it REALLY seems the quality of female characters has gone downhill since RE4...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why would you hate Sheeva. She doesn't talk much and is a good support character.

Don't get me started on Sheva. I've got SEVERAL rants on here about how much I hate her. She is by far the worst RE character of all time. But I won't get into that. Like I said, just look at my previous posts, and you'll see how I feel about Sheva and why.

Some Nights

No Shape
1. Chris - Even though it is the least "Resident Evil" feeling campaign. I feel like it's clearly the best from a technical/gameplay standpoint. Probably the best ending of the campaigns as well.
2. Jake - I really enjoyed the melee combat focus. However the second stage was a mess and the use of stealth was a good concept but executed rather poorly in my opinion.
3. Ada - Didn't like the first stage but two through four was fine. The existence of puzzles was fantastic even if they were a joke difficulty wise. Five being a big retread of Leon's last boss knocked this down a slot.
4. Leon - After the promise of the return of a "survival horror" feel this was incredibly disappointing. The atmosphere was almost there for the first two chapters but it got ruined by the set pieces, scripted events, and other things of the type (zombies that are "dead" until you walk over them, really?) The constant repeats of Simmons as a boss was beyond tedious by the end.

We Are Ninja

1.) Leon/Helena - This reminded me the most of RE5, which I enjoyed immensely. Maybe it was because it was the first campaign I played through, but evoked similar feelings of having no idea what to expect around the next corner, and the tension that comes along with having "just enough" ammo as long as you don't waste it...

2.) Jake/Sherry - This was like a rollercoaster ride. It was fun, but I never felt particularly tense or threatened throughout the campaign. I did enjoy watching Sherry and Jake's relationship develop, though.

3.) Ada - I was least excited about Ada's campaign as I knew she wouldn't have a partner, she'd be "underpowered" and there'd probably be a lot of skulking around during her campaign. I was pleasantly surprised; she wasn't as powerful as two players, much less two soldiers or two superhumans, but she was pretty darned capable and I enjoyed retreading all the conflicts I had already played from a different perspective.

4.) Chris/Piers - Very similar to Jake and Sherry, but it felt a lot like a shooter. It was fun; I honestly can't say I disliked any of the campaigns, but theirs was the least memorable in that "Resident Evil" sorta way...

Rich r

The best campaign overall is difficult but I would have to say Leon's simply for agent hunt mode, where Leon's chapters provide the best chances I think for a kill. Though it also provides 2 of the most annoying 1-5 and chapter 3 in the catacombs, where there are far too many cut cinematic scenes and bad spawning areas. Kills are still possible even if a little less enjoyable because of this flaw.

The most annoying agent hunt chapters goes to jake. What were the programmers thinking with that bird creature hunter! Worst created hunt chapter by miles and miles. Chapter 3 after they escape from their lockup is seriously annoying for agent hunters too. So are most of Chris chapters, ( i thought the napads were supposed to be tough? Any half decent players there just sit and farm for ammo and firstaid sprays making it farcical. this is simply as it is so easy with non player monsters providing any cover or support making every attack telegraphed. Seriously annoying.

The whole agent hunt thing is easily the best thing about resident evil 6. Mercenary mode just is not that good. Shame that capcom didn't put a bit more thought into it and make every creature hunt at least as good as the cemetery one.

From a campaign players perspective it is a mix and match. But overall probably jakes first time playing. But not much fun too play again. Leon's first 2 chapters are again the best of his. After that though the whole Simmons enemy really gets a bit silly which is why jakes wins it. Their monster is not meant too die which is why they get away with it. Chris' campaign is also not too bad with the storyline between him and piers the best of the campaigns. Again shame piers has too die. He's even cooler than jake.

In anymore resident evil games I hope capcom realise the huge potential of creature hunt and put more effort into the design and structure of it cutting out all that cinematic sequences breaking hunts up ruining potental kills and also make more and better and closer spawning areas. Also not making a zombie fall over as soon as it spawns would be a good start. Not sure why they did this. If a player is standing right by a spawning area just spawn somewhere else.

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
I feel each had their strong and weak moments, cinematically I enjoyed Chris's scenes most. Difficulty/challenge wise I'd said Leon's, Jake's story as a whole to me felt irrelevant but having Sherri was it's redeemable factor.

black 93

Leon/Helena- started off the best but ended the worst. The zombies are great, especially now that they can run and jump at you, felt the story was abit weak it was more a story about helena than leon, seeking revenge on simmons for her sister. Leon seemed to be there just to please fans.

chris/piers- this was the one i was least excited about after the demo, and because chris had just been the star of RE5, i thought this was gunna seem forced. Its probably my most played campaign now. To me this had the best story and definitly the best ending, was nice to see chris go a bit off the rails after all he's been through and piers was my faveourite new character.

jake/sherry- i went into this one not really knowin what to expect, but was lookin forward to meeting weskers son and seeing sherry birkin back. The interaction between them both is great and jakes development as a characters good as well. He starts off not givin a damn about sherry, the c virus or anythin except money, and grows to be very protective of sherry and an all round nicer guy. He even protects a kid at the end for just an apple lol, he isnt too happy when he hears what his dad got up to either. Was great seein the kids of two classic resi villains workin together and ustanak was a great addition.

Ada- by the time i got to her campaign i was ready to put the game down for a while, but carried on anyway. Her campaign was a good mixture of the first three. Had action and puzzles, was ok but im gettin abit tired of the whole mysterious ada wong thing. Its bout time we got to know abit more about her rather than her just appearing, helpin lein, then vanishin.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
1) Chris/Piers- First off, I don't play as Chris, I play as Piers. This was the second campaign I played after buying the game. Chris's character irritated me for the most part. I don't know what caused him to fall to the level he fell to at the beginning of the campaign (I guess it was the whole Finn situation or whatever) but it didn't really feel like Chris as a character would end up that way, even under the worst of circumstances. Especially after Raccoon City and the events of Code Veronica. You can't save everyone, and he of all people should know that. I did really like Piers though. He was highly likable in my opinion (perhaps the most likable character in 6) and I felt horribly bad at the end of the campaign. It will probably always be my favorite, and Piers is officially one of my all time favorite Resident Evil characters after having played Resident Evil 6. Chris was just meh.

2) Jake/Sherry- This was the first campaign I played and I found it pretty enjoyable. I liked Jake but it was a little hard to take Sherry too seriously for whatever reason. I think one of the main things I liked about this one (other than Jake :p) was that you finally play as a character who specializes in hand to hand combat, which would be far more reasonable in a zombie apocalypse situation. Guns are nice, blades are better, but if you can actually protect yourself with your bare hands then you're pretty much good to go.

3 [tie]) Ada- This came as quite a shock to me (I played this campaign last, though I got archives so I probably should've played it before the others lol). I've never been crazy about Ada, she's always been one of those characters (to me) who was just sort of there and never really struck me as a character I cared to see as often as I have seen her in the games. This campaign, thankfully, gave us more of a look at who she is as a person and what her values are, what she is willing to fight for and what crosses the line. I think the end of her campaign on 6 is the most human we've ever really seen her (I suppose the end of RE2 could come close, but it never really felt real to me, almost like I couldn't trust that she actually had feelings for Leon) and it was a nice surprise. I don't like her any more as a character but I do identify more with her now, so this campaign pretty much redeemed her for me.

3 [tie]) Leon/Helena- This campaign was okay. I ranked it as being tied with Ada's campaign though I liked Ada's a little more because it registered with me more than this one. However, this campaign got me interested faster and it was nice to see regular zombies again. I immensely disliked Helena. Leon was alright, though I'm still a little burned out when it comes to him. And I didn't care much for this boss fight. Overall a little blah compared to other campaigns in my opinion.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Leon/Helena - Though the entire game is an insult to what Resident Evil is supposed to be, this campaign promised to appease those who favored horror over action... and failed. The first 15 minutes and the puzzles feel like a giant FU to the fans because it's just pointless. Being forced to walk slowly in dark corridors with a partner by your side is not even close to anything I'd expect from this series. There's no tension and nothing really happens. Lightning, things moving, and chandeliers falling is just adding insult to injury. The puzzles were also extremely laughable and what makes it worse, is the in-game dialogue that adresses it. What was the point of having the characters mention the easy puzzles? Are they telling us that lame puzzles were intentional?

Bullsh*t aside, the campaign was very solid. It's cleary action focused but with a dark atmosphere and interesting enemies. Co-op is also very notable in this particular campaign as it is a major improvement from that seen in RE5. Both characters had some very specific paths to follow and were able to aid each other from afar. The zombies, while cannon fodder, where a step up from the parasite controlled enemies from the last two entries. They were relentless and even unpredictable at times. This campaign had its moments, but was a fun cinematic experience from beginning to end. I just hate how Capcom felt the need to disguise it as a horror filled experience when gothic action was just fine.

Chris/Piers - I wasn't a fan of the military feel to this campaign, it's very out of place for this series and doesn't even offer the familiar atmosphere seen in Leon's campaign. But... it was still pretty solid. The story in this one was easily the best of the four. Chris' scenario was made to be the more action heavy of the campaigns but luckily knew when to slow down and increase tension. I found the slower parts to be some of the best moments in Chris' campaign even if it wasn't executed as well as it could have been. The J'avo were also a major let down, but that final boss was easily the best in the game.

Ada - There isn't much to say about this campaign... the co-op feature was terrible, the 5th chapter was a drag, and many of the new ideas were executed very poorly. Overall, it wasn't too bad, it's best enjoyed alone and feels more like Resident Evil 4's Seperate Ways than an actual campaign.

Jake/Sherry - This campaign was terrible. When it comes to failing at executing new ideas, this campaign is the worst offender because it's chock full of new ideas. It tries to do too much and comes up short in everything it does. The only way I can describe this campaign is an experiment gone wrong. All of the game's shortcomings are more apparent in this campaign. Even the story was terrible because of how illogical Jake's character was treated. The only positives about this campaign are Sherry and Jake's hand to hand combat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom