• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 BBFC Declares Resident Evil 5 'NOT RACIST'

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Man I'm telling you thats exactly what I thought, people never got pi**ed when all the spanish dudes where getting owned then some black dudes start getting pwned an people start talking haha, there the recists for adressing the problem.

I like your qoute though.
As the whole game is set in Africa it is hardly surprising that some of the characters are black, just like the fact that some of the characters in an earlier version were Spanish as the game was set in Spain.

Too right its not a rasist game, since when is killing zombies rasist, the stupid mothers-
There trying to take are fun away hahah too jealous because they dont know the story behind the game hahahahah jokin.

SyphonX

Finally, a moment of sanity in an otherwise insane subject.

Well I'll agree that one needs to be sensitive with their art and imagery in order to not seem racist or offensive, but I would imagine most people to be sensible enough to not take this seriously in a game where the enemy have tentacles coming out of their eyeballs.

Not to mention it isn't a new plot. Everyone seems to think that the African atmosphere was plucked out of a hat just for this game (for reasons unknown, publicity perhaps) but they fail to realize that it's a long-running plot development originally from Resident Evil 0 on GameCube. Not to mention the other times Africa was mentioned as some kind of ongoing secret experiment and Umbrella hideout and what not. So, obviously an African shanty town is going to be primarily Black skinned and so forth, not racist, just realistic people.

So, when I'm killing zombies and mutated monstrosities, I'm not going to be caring what color skin they have, if you know what I'm saying... but I digress.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Haha when I was playing through the game I have to admit I did joke to my friend an say "Let kill some nEEnors man" as a joke, we were flying through the game killing everyone lol But yeah I thouhgt after awhile the game would have like... white men in it, but it really didn't, there black all the way in this one, the odd arab will appear.
But tbh I think they all look awesome. Once you play the game you'll realise the story of the virrus, In the end, you kinda are going around just killing dudes though, But I can't see it being a rascial problem, like ihadesss said all the other resi evil games have been killing white people off an no one really minded so blam dem racist mofos!

samuhai

I was actually bothered by the caucasian additions to the zombie hordes :p i dont know if they were white or arab (they looked white to me) but it seemed random that in an african shanty town (note if it was a city, that wouldnt matter cos u kno big cities would have some white folks) there were a fair number of white people.
And where did that blonde girl come from? the one whose head turns into the first big plagas :p was she just runnin round in that dress? haha

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Thats what I thought about the blonde lady, where the fook did she come from lol maybe she was weskers old hoe lol.
But "srsly..." I could not give a toss If there black/white/arab whatever haha I'm part turkish, If the hole game was all about killin' turks I still would not give a crap, Because I love shootin' heads off Resi stylee, The only difference would be me shouting "you damn turks!!!" everytime they hit/stab me with shovels lol. haha

Elitevaz

weskerfan;28352 said:
but i can safely say that there will not be any black people looking forward to this game.

I can safely your wrong. Back when RE4 came out, I was looking forward to it and I am of spanish descent. I have a friend that works with me that loves it and guess what? He's black! It's not hard to look past the skin color for the vast majority. It's just those few that like to start all the drama.

Top Bottom