• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Are there actually going to be zombies in this game or not?!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I remember in the debut announcement trailer there were zombies (or at least, what looked like zombies). But nothing has been mentioned ever since, and all I saw in the demo (the one that came with Mercs 3D) was the oozy monsters.

Does anyone know if they're actually going to be in the game or not?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I wouldn't have thought anybody would know for certain at this point. Although, judging by the trailer, I'd hazard a guess that Revelations will likely re-introduce zombies - which would suit me right down to the ground. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Las Plagas and some Uroboros, but I wouldn't mind seeing those vacant-looking, shuffling, maggoty nasties make a return in a triple-A Resident Evil game. That's just me, though.

Pausing the video at 0:31 and having a good frame-by-frame gawk makes me believe there'll be zombies, anyway.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
As of right now, or from what I'm seeing, there is no confirmation of zombies being in the game. But there is going to be zombie wolves, or at least that's that they are being called right now. In the debute trailer it does look like zombies are going to be in it, but that's only a debute trailer and that's a 50/50 chance that they may have been taken out. Until more information about the game is announced or until the game is released, zombies have not yet been confrimed

Awesome oats

Premium
Well with what I am seeing so far I have to say no. To me its just gonna be different versions of the current slimy looking monsters .They come in masses in all the trailers so I see no point of zombies actually being in there unless they are in a different setting in the game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My gut is telling me yes...Sure theyre in the trailer, but like Major said...That's fifty fifty...I just have a feeling they are...and, even if they aren't, these ooze monsters are more or less reminiscent of Z's...and much creepier than Ganados or Majinii...

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I think there might be zombies, because in one of the trailers I have seen, I saw the masked man inject the dead men with some form of virus, and they slowly stood up. Could this be zombies, or will they mutate into those ooze creatures, or maybe something we have never seen before in the history of Resident Evil. We will just have to find out.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
No, I played through all the game and there are no zombies, however these creatures are new, original and freaky. They come in many different shapes and sizes, blades for arms, flesh-eating fish and, if the subject resists the virus for too long, a freaky mass of flesh with a buzzsaw for a hand. There are bosses, and they got the survival/horror balance just right.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, the ooze seem to be a nice enemy and they fit the gameplay style.
I also though there'd be zombies, the original trailer made it look so. but most of the original trailer was discarded...

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
Yes, it did look that way- but the T-Abyss Virus basically turns them into a zombie and then they start mutating. The more they resist to the mutation, the stronger the enemy becomes.

Pig Demon

I remember in the debut announcement trailer there were zombies (or at least, what looked like zombies). But nothing has been mentioned ever since, and all I saw in the demo (the one that came with Mercs 3D) was the oozy monsters.

Does anyone know if they're actually going to be in the game or not?

Nope. There are no zombies (wish there were some). They changed the enemies after that trailer to oozes (A new enemy created by a new virus). They should have made the guy with the vaccine or the guy sitting in the room below the bridge zombies. They missed a great moment to scare people.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
Nope. There are no zombies (wish there were some). They changed the enemies after that trailer to oozes (A new enemy created by a new virus). They should have made the guy with the vaccine or the guy sitting in the room below the bridge zombies. They missed a great moment to scare people.
If you do research on the T-Abyss Virus, it gives you an idea why the Ooze's are brought to be, due to it's origins before being engineered, and the fact that the original virus was combined with the T-Virus.

They're slow, they bite, they somewhat shuffle, technically they are zombies in a way, just amphibious due to the nature of the virus...

*SPOLER WARNING TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE TEXT BELOW*

> Take Jack Norman for example, overdoses of the T-Abyss Virus, mutated him into a Tyrant! But with traits unique to the T-Abyss Virus.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The moment I first saw that first trailer I was super hyped for this game since it looked like Jill was finally gonna end Chris and then the zombies just got me more excited :)

I was a bit disappointed with the final build but it was alright.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
The only thing I remembered about the original trailer was Chris betraying Jill.
I watch it again after all this time and... was that HUNK?!
Also, oh wow, there WERE zombies in the trailer...

meh. I'm just glad I have a decent 3DS game that isn't a remake.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I wasn't disappointed by the new enemies. They scared me more than most enemies in RE4 and RE5, although that may have been the setting. Creepy, deserted cruise ship, ya know? I also appreciated the explanation that the T-Abyss virus came from crossing the T-Virus with the Abyss virus which was discovered in the deep ocean. It was also great to finally see a powerful new Tyrant.

Top Bottom