• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Anyone playing in VR?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I really want to play this game but I also would rather wait until I got a virtual reality system. If anyone's played the game in VR is it worth waiting to get before playing the game?

refan1982

YES!!! I waited till we got our tax return to buy it w/ VR. It's so immersive. I imagine it's already a scary game, but with the VR headset on it's literally the scariest game I've ever played. I'm 34, btw. I've played through almost the whole series and I watch a lot of horror movies, so I'm not easily scared. There was one part where I actually screamed out loud and dropped my headset (on the couch). Other times, I've had to ask out loud if my wife was walking around the apartment or if those footsteps were in-game. It's like you're actually in this haunted house. Sitting on your couch with the TV 3-5 feet away, sunlight coming in through the windows, and looking up and down with the controller is totally different than playing with the headset on. Everything is in your face. If you look up or down or turn around, you're still in the house. You can physically duck with your body. You can physically peek around a corner or look in a window. The graphics are so realistic. The game is so scary that I've had to take the headset off after an hour to take a break. Obviously I have to finish the game still, but so far this is one of the BEST video game experiences I've ever had.

Top Bottom