• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Anybody else like Excella?

HookerZombie

I know a lot of people dislike her as a character but to me she made the game entertaining for all the wrong reasons. First off she dresses like a high class prostitute when she's supposed to be a professional corporate CEO (and acts very unprofessional in her work always flirting with Wesker). Second in The Mercenaries Reunion as a playable character she has some of the silliest special attacks (slapping, high heel groin stomping, using her syringe in an absurdly seductive pose) and she carries some big guns that don't show up on any harnesses on her body which makes you wonder where she stores her weapons (must be a woman's secret lol). Also her voice commands are ridiculous sounding because she just sounds bored and snooty all the time! I also find her death at the hands of Wesker to be funny in an ironic way because she was pretty much asking for it (seriously what kind of femme fatale falls so easily for a powerful man?)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I liked her. She was fun to play as in The Mercenaries: Reunion and she was basically like a watered down Ada. I guess I just have a thing for girls who can kick butt in a dress and high heel shoes. :razz:

I just wish that she was in the game more. You don't really get to meet her until the game is almost over and I feel like Capcom wasted a lot of potential for her as a villain. The fact that she was so easily manipulated by Wesker and didn't catch on made her a kind of pathetic female villain. Maybe if she had been the one to turn the tables on HIM she would have been a lot more interesting but no, it's all about Wesker.

Excella turning the tables on Wesker would have been a really cool idea. Not in the sense of “hey I’m a good guy now” but rather “screw you I don’t need you or anyone else”. Like maybe have her be the one who gives Wesker the extra dose or impales him after he betrays her (ultimately,but not intentionally, aiding in Chris’ fight). She is supposed to be this woman who inherited her family’s company and wealth yet they dulled her down because they were too focused on their comic book portrayal of Wesker.

Capcom went full retard with RE5’s story/ Wesker’s demise.

Last edited:

BioLence

Excella turning the tables on Wesker would have been a really cool idea. Not in the sense of “hey I’m a good guy now” but rather “screw you I don’t need you or anyone else”. Like maybe have her be the one who gives Wesker the extra dose or impales him after he betrays her (ultimately,but not intentionally, aiding in Chris’ fight). She is supposed to be this woman who inherited her family’s company and wealth yet they dulled her down because they were too focused on their comic book portrayal of Wesker.

Capcom went full retard with RE5’s story/ Wesker’s demise.

Yup, pretty much. Excella´s lines where really funny tho:
¨You´re like a broken record you know that¨ ¨Jill?, maybe i´ll tell you, maybe i wont¨ with that tone of voice? LMAO!!!

Last edited:

BioLence

Yeah I completely agree, Resident Evil 5 didn't have the best story in the series but as a game it was good for what it was. But with so many new characters added like Excella, Irving, and Josh they chose to only focus on Chris, Jill, Wesker, and Sheva. It would have been nice if they put more focus into the new people and not just Sheva. I mean since Resident Evil 4 put a lot into their new characters like Ashley, Luis, Krauser, Mendez, Salazar, and Saddler.

Yeah it was a fun game. Now if they have went with their orginal plan for the game i would have liked it way more. Wesker controlling a Tyrant?, Zombies?, night settings? i think that was way better. Even the version they had right before the one we got was better. This:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Oh RE5 is one of my favorite RE games. I’d say it has the best gameplay which makes it such a good game but yeah it is flawed and has room for improvements in terms of the writing. I get that that may not matter to a lot of gamers but it’s something that I personally enjoy with video games.

I wish they would have went with the original idea of Barry teaming up with Chris. Capcom says that they are long time friends but we never get to see anything that represents this. I like to imagine it’s like a Nathan Drake and Sully relationship- maybe one day we’ll get to see that play out in the games.

Soul Fist

I think she's very awesome, I love how sassy she is and her commands in mercenaries are very funny. I doubt she could use any weapons in reality, I think they just added her for entertaintment. I used to be obsessed with her, even now she's my main in RE5 mercenaries,she's cool XD
Her voice is so calm and relaxing :)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I mean, that dress is killer. She looks the part she was designed for. But she isn't in the game enough to be as memorable as some other major villains. I wish she had more connection to the series, but both her and Ricardo operate as patsies before we get to Wesker. He overshadows everything in that game, but I suppose he deserves it after so many years of conflict.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm indifferent about Excella. She just seemed like a desperate lackey to me. Nothing special. She's like the henchmen from Austin Powers is you ask me lol.

Soul Fist

Her voice lines are hilarious on mercs.

Other than that she's crap

Jillll, jooooooooooosh, baaaaryyyyyyy, you will folowwww meeee < Talk about speaking in slow motion XD

I mean, that dress is killer. She looks the part she was designed for. But she isn't in the game enough to be as memorable as some other major villains. I wish she had more connection to the series, but both her and Ricardo operate as patsies before we get to Wesker. He overshadows everything in that game, but I suppose he deserves it after so many years of conflict.

She's the best looking woman in the entire series to me, she even looks the most unique. But I agree too bad her role wasn't that important, but it's Capcom fault for killing her too soon.. I believe she could've have a bigger role if they wanted to but ugh they did her dirty :(
I mean c'mon... She's literally the Kim Kardashian of Resident Evil XDDDD

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Everything in RE5 was setting up the big showdown with Wesker. Almost all other characters are there to get the set up. Excella and Tricell in general could've been something new and exciting. But they didn't have plans beyond Wesker and destroyed everything. haha

Top Bottom