• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Any one say they should make

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
How do you mean? Like, have the characters/storyline of Resident Evil Outbreak set in a first-person on-rails-type game? If so: I'm not so sure. I've never much cared for the throwaway Outbreak characters, and about the only thing that I feel that series had going for itself was the then-quite-cool online co-op modes. The Outbreak series could certainly do with making a return, but I'm not entirely convinced that that partiuclar direction is the route I would want it to go, personally.

Also: Jolly well done for being the first chap to get a discussion going in this brand spanking new section of the board. I've upgraded your account to Gold status for being such a good sport.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
To me it could end up good if done right. Like *Spoilers* when you need the key have the girl with the lock picks pick the lock while your holding off the zombies.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've pondered this many times...and I think it would be GREAT, except for the Outbreak Scenarios were so short...So do Outbreak, Dead Aim, Revelations. All three. I mean, the others had multiple games in them...So why not call this one RE: Outcast Chronicles, or something, referencing that it's an outbreak game about tittles that aren't main tittles...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think Outbreak was more of an excuse for a multiplayer. With RE:ORC and RE6 having co-op mode up to 6 players, I don't think another Outbreak would be needed right now.

And honestly, I didn't like Outbreak, the game was too difficult (I've only played in singleplayer) and too short at the same time. I didn't like the characters and the depiction of Raccoon City in them was too different from the original (although they kept it for future games).

Top Bottom