• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Annoying chapter select glitch

Darkness

Infected
Just thought i'd bring this to light, just so it's out there.

Jake's campaign chapter 3 - I was playing as Sherry, and got halfway though the level, into the cutscene with the cellphone room after you find 10 ID tokens. I decided to stop playing and come back later. When I turned the game back on a while later, and chose continue campaign, it automatically assumed I was playing as Jake, instead of Sherry. I had already beaten the campaign as Jake, so obviously it would have been a waste to continue as him. It would not let me select Sherry and still continue from the cell phone room where I was at. I had to start the level over again, and beat it as sherry without interruptions, in one sitting, for it to work. It wasn't the end of the world, but it's like a half hour wasted.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
That's not nearly as bad as the glitch my friend suffered. :oops: We've been playing on Professional to get the platinum; to our pleasant surprise, it's a lot easier than we imagined. We're also collecting emblems--I got 30 to go! Anyway, I've hosted all our plays, except one, and he was looking through his records last night. He only has credit for one! I have credit for all of them--all of Jake's, Leon's, and the two chapters of Chris we did--and even the one I didn't host. I'm not sure if he'll ever play again.

MissDomino

Premium
That's not nearly as bad as the glitch my friend suffered. :oops: We've been playing on Professional to get the platinum; to our pleasant surprise, it's a lot easier than we imagined. We're also collecting emblems--I got 30 to go! Anyway, I've hosted all our plays, except one, and he was looking through his records last night. He only has credit for one! I have credit for all of them--all of Jake's, Leon's, and the two chapters of Chris we did--and even the one I didn't host. I'm not sure if he'll ever play again.
That sucks. Good thing it works in reverse too. Make him play pro difficulty solo, then quit. Have him join a game on an easier mode and he'll get credit for pro.
I really don't understand why they made the game that way, it's silly.

Darkness

Infected
Holy cow i would have been sooooo ****ed.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I'd like to be able to finish the game on Pro, but if something like what happened to my friend happened to me, I would sooo cheat. I skipped Vet though, so I really don't mind having the added difficulty. Plus, Defense3, FireArm3, and infinite shotgun isn't really difficult, anyway. :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
So, here's a lovely new glitch I've just encountered: I decided to run through Chris' second chapter for some quick and easy skill points. When I was able to take control of my character, I went to switch to my shotgun and, to my unpleasant surprise, found that my inventory had been completely wiped! All I had were the default weapons! No power weapons, no grenades, no healing stuff. Just the knife, the 909 and the assault rifle. Has this happened to anyone else?

MissDomino

Premium
So, here's a lovely new glitch I've just encountered: I decided to run through Chris' second chapter for some quick and easy skill points. When I was able to take control of my character, I went to switch to my shotgun and, to my unpleasant surprise, found that my inventory had been completely wiped! All I had were the default weapons! No power weapons, no grenades, no healing stuff. Just the knife, the 909 and the assault rifle. Has this happened to anyone else?
Not exactly the same, but I had a gun or two missing when I played chapter 5 over again with Helena. It's all too confusing.

Top Bottom