• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Alternate Scenes

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I am currently playing RE 3 again (as part of my complete RE saga playthrough) and this time I switched things up a bit with the order in which I visit certain areas and I found out that if you visit certain areas first, different cutscenes will occur.

For example if you go straight to the Press building before going into the restaurant you will meet Carlos there (and their dialogue will be different) instead of the restaurant. That one I already knew about. However now I came across a cutscene I had never seen before.

Instead of going to the gastation last, this time I went there first. As a result instead of Carlos I actually met Nicholai there, who ended up blowing the whole place up. When I went to the Umbrella offices (where you get the Oil Additive) afterwards I did not meet Nicholai (as he had already been in the gaststation) but instead witnessed Carlos executing his friend Murphy who was about to turn into a zombie and begged Carlos to kill him. I had never seen that scene before as I always went to the offices first before heading to the gaststation and this time I did it the other way around.

I really love how RE 3 is changing things up depending on where you go or what choices you make in the situations with Nemesis. the situation with Nemesis on the bridge (right before the Dead Factory) even changes the ending and the final fate of Nicholai depending on which option you choose.

I think RE 3 might be the only game in the series which had such a concept (scenes changing depending on where you go or the choices you make). I´d love to see a return of that.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Cool,
I had always seen nikolai dive out the window and blow up the gas station, and met Carlos at the restraunt.

Another thing is, I once tried to fight nemmy on hard difficulty in the restraunt with Carlos as backup (I had just a crappy pistol)
Nemesis actually killed Carlos and caused gsme over, which surprised me becsuse I didn't think Ai partners could die (especially since he's only your partner for that one moment where you usually run away from him)

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Cool,
I had always seen nikolai dive out the window and blow up the gas station, and met Carlos at the restraunt.

Another thing is, I once tried to fight nemmy on hard difficulty in the restraunt with Carlos as backup (I had just a crappy pistol)
Nemesis actually killed Carlos and caused gsme over, which surprised me becsuse I didn't think Ai partners could die (especially since he's only your partner for that one moment where you usually run away from him)

yeah it´s amazing how you can discover new things with RE 3 even now and all these different variations of scenes you can get depending on your choices. I really love that. But yeah I would definitely never take on Nemesis on hard with a pistol :p

kalash49

Alternate scenes is very exiting thing! It's like two different games in one, it makes this game very re-playable. I wonder, how many people still don't know about alternate scene with Brad in Jack's Bar?

Top Bottom