• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Albert Wesker and Derek C. Simmons

Sherry Birkin

Raccoon Incident Survivor
In the group of the Wesker Children, there were 13, who's all names were listed in a file from Resident Evil 5.. And what's the name of the 11th child? "Derek", a name also given to the man presumed to be "Alex" Wesker (the 12th child), and also, possibly the main antagonist of Resident Evil 6; Derek Simmons.. So I found this; Here's some pictures of Derek and Albert, side by side.

tumblr_m9afitKrwo1r9mc99.png

tumblr_m9aaxq9laW1r9mc99.png

tumblr_m9aay9j0dE1r9mc99.png

So yeah, there you have it, people.. What do you think?

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I think it'd be a really cheap and unnecessary move but hey, what do I know?
Hey, I agree, (= but you can't expect anything to be necessary anymore, especially in Resident Evil 6, with CAPCOM's latest move of Wesker, suddenly having a son ... *FacePalm* -_-/)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Hey, I agree, (= but you can't expect anything to be necessary anymore, especially in Resident Evil 6, with CAPCOM's latest move of Wesker, suddenly having a son ... *FacePalm* -_-/)
I honestly don't mind Jake's presence - he's Resident Evil 6's redeeming quality for me. Besides it's not very far-fetched for Wesker to have produced offspring in his 50+ years, especially taking into consideration that, for 38 of those years, he was a human male, not a tyrant, with regular needs/wants/desires.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I honestly don't mind Jake's presence - he's Resident Evil 6's redeeming quality for me. Besides it's not very far-fetched for Wesker to have produced offspring in his 50+ years, especially taking into consideration that, for 38 of those years, he was a human male, not a tyrant, with regular needs/wants/desires.
Jake is alright, (except the fact that he looks little like his father, but hey, probably a lot more like his mom, then...) but the real redeeming factor of Resident Evil 6 for me is the long-waited return of Sherry Birkin. To add to that, I realize it's not very far-fetched for Wesker to have been capable, but I overall just can't see an amazing and legendary character like Wesker, suddenly have a son. Especially because of his personality/quality of 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.'

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Jake is alright, (except the fact that he looks little like his father, but hey, probably a lot more like his mom, then...) but the real redeeming factor of Resident Evil 6 for me is the long-waited return of Sherry Birkin. To add to that, I realize it's not very far-fetched for Wesker to have been capable, but I overall just can't see an amazing and legendary character like Wesker, suddenly have a son. Especially because of his personality/quality of 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.'
Jake's appearance and existence does nothing to diminish that theory as he was raised by his mother and knew nothing of his father, indicating that Wesker and Jake's mother did not have a long-lasting: "OMG she's my soul-mate" relationship.

zeroskaterz92

but I overall just can't see an amazing and legendary character like Wesker, suddenly have a son. Especially because of his personality/quality of 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.'
people usually said that, but how far do we really know about Albert Wesker character development? other than from what we had seen for the past games.
i wouldn't really say that he's 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.', i'm sure he's still give a damn about someone, it's just that his pride to high and make us think that he's not give a damn. for whatever reason, he's still human and he's still has heart.

for Tyrant, yes, Wesker revived a Tyrant and it just kill him off right after that. that's what i would call 'not giving a damn about anyone.'

so yes, Albert brainwashed Jill and turn against Chris. but if Albert didn't "save" her, Jill would've probably died on that cliff, no? or he would've just kill Claire when he met her during Code Veronica.

Jakeykins18

Useless
or he would've just kill Claire when he met her during Code Veronica.
He got a call or something right as he was about to in front of the palace, and yes he could have but he wanted to use her being around as a way to get to chris, same with Jill. He just used jill to have a minion, not because he wanted to save her.

There is sooooo much to take in with this game with all the theories I'm just gonna shut down till the game comes out lmao.

zeroskaterz92

He just used jill to have a minion, not because he wanted to save her.
i mean, most people said Wesker is 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.' if he's really not give a damn, why bother have a minion or something? so yeah, he just used Jill to have a minion, but at the same time, he "save" Jill ass from the cliff. if Wesker really don't give a damn, he would just ignore Jill and let her die in that cliff during the Spencer Mansion.

i just don't get it why people keep saying Wesker is 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.' but psychologically it's not.

as long as Jake is not Steve (if Capcom take that path), i'm fine with it. lol Ada's segment is interesting as hell, curious about her story.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
i mean, most people said Wesker is 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.' if he's really not give a damn, why bother have a minion or something? so yeah, he just used Jill to have a minion, but at the same time, he "save" Jill ass from the cliff. if Wesker really don't give a damn, he would just ignore Jill and let her die in that cliff during the Spencer Mansion.

i just don't get it why people keep saying Wesker is 'not giving a damn about anyone but himself.' but psychologically it's not.

as long as Jake is not Steve (if Capcom take that path), i'm fine with it. lol Ada's segment is interesting as hell, curious about her story.
Well, not really sure if you could tell, but I meant I just can't see the main badass of the entire franchise (Up until 5) actually having sex with some random chick (By 'random' I mean we don't, and might not ever know who the mom is, not that Wesker went around f*cking random women xD) Then ditching her to the curb... Especially up until now, CAPCOM gave us (the fans) no clues that Wesker was ever like that (Passionate toward anyone else? o_O) So I just plainly CANNOT see Wesker having a son, especially one that looks a LOT like someone he took, rather than someone he would be related to... :l

zeroskaterz92

Well, not really sure if you could tell, but I meant I just can't see the main badass of the entire franchise (Up until 5) actually having sex with some random chick (By 'random' I mean we don't, and might not ever know who the mom is, not that Wesker went around f*cking random women xD) Then ditching her to the curb... Especially up until now, CAPCOM gave us (the fans) no clues that Wesker was ever like that (Passionate toward anyone else? :confused:) So I just plainly CANNOT see Wesker having a son, especially one that looks a LOT like someone he took, rather than someone he would be related to... :l
well, ever wonder how Wesker was before the incident? most people probably do, i mean i wanna know it too. there's must be something that tick him and change him completely. making Wesker has a son is actually another build up character development for Wesker, his son Jake, and Chris, probably affect the rest of them as well like Jill and Barry.
just like how Capcom did with Vergil in DMC, who could have thought a badass silent type of half-demon, half-human actually has a son that carry on his legacy? obtaining and using the Yamato katana very well.
Capcom didn't explore more about Vergil having a son, thus they just making a reboot for DMC without a proper conclusion of the original DMC.
so i hope Capcom manage to do it with RE6, just don't mess it up and end up like the original DMC.

Sherry Birkin

Raccoon Incident Survivor
... Are you guys still even talking about Derek and Albert? XD Lol, yeah, I'm a bit curious to know what he was like before he turned superhuman, too, but you would think they would at least mention that Wesker was a bit, even a lot more different, before he started working with Umbrella, and joined the STARS team, to cover up his tracks in some kind of file or something, instead of rushing it all out in one game, just now saying that he has a random son. I do have to agree with Claire though, with saying that Jake and Steve look a LOT alike. :0 Also, I would just like to add that I can't also see Wesker having a son, especially one who doesn't look like him... Dx

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Another reason Wesker used Jill was to spite Chris, to punish him because of their rivalry.

BranBran

Well, Wesker and Derek share the same blood, right? What if in the game's story, some information got mixed up and Jake is really Derek's son! :eek::eek::eek: Dun dun duuuuuuun!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I actually thought that right from the beginning, because in the second trailer we see Simmons when Carlada tells Jake about his father, and they have the same hair colour.

Top Bottom