• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica A few tips and tricks for Code Veronica players

Hey all! If you struggle in the game i might be able to help you.

Tyrant on the airplane
By far the easiest way to kill him is to use the green BOW rounds you find early in the game. You have to go back and get them at a later state in the game. But once you get them, save them for the boss battle.

Monster Steve
Have health with you in this one. Chances are he will hit you so make sure you heal after every hit. Also in the beginning shoot him with the rocket launcher a few times (you won't need it for the final boss anyway)

Final boss
Save about 20 fire rounds for the crossbow. That will be enough to kill the final boss. So you won't need any rocketlauncher magnum or shotgun. Just the crossbow.

Herb Glitch
There is a glitch you can do to get endless herbs. This only work on the 'Code Veronica X' versions that have you start with the game manual in the inventory.

Don't pick up any items at all in the beginning. No knife no bullets. Just run to the scene where you get the handgun. After this run straight to the next room where you will be able to find 1 green herb. Pick up the herb, then go in to 'files' folder and read the manual. Then you will notice how a green herb is in the 'equiped' area in the inventory. After this head back to the game and shoot 1 bullet. After this the glitch have succeeded. You will have endless herbs for the rest of the game.

Agent Spike

I guess I'll post a tip as well.

Beat the Bandersnatchers: For me, normal arrows are very effective against them. In the game, the player gets an abundant amount of crossbow arrows, so using 15-20 while standing far away against these annoying monsters, is very useful. The player can also avoid the three that are hanging about in front of the Private Residence since they're fairly easy to dodge. One can also use arrows with the gun powder combined but it's better to save these for the Tyrant and Alexia's Second form.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Another way to get away from Steve is just have two green+red herbs, green+green+green herbs, or first aid sprays and don't stop running. You don't really have to waste any ammo, you should have plenty of healing items by that part of the game.

Another way to get away from Steve is just have two green+red herbs, green+green+green herbs, or first aid sprays and don't stop running. You don't really have to waste any ammo, you should have plenty of healing items by that part of the game.
You don't waste ammo on Steve because you can never get that back anyway from that point. And you don't really need any other weapons for the final boss other than the flame arrows.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You don't waste ammo on Steve because you can never get that back anyway from that point. And you don't really need any other weapons for the final boss other than the flame arrows.

Usually right before I go see Steve I drop off all my weapons so I can keep them all, because it's not only wasting ammo, but guns too. I usually use my flame arrows for other things, but that's just me.

Usually right before I go see Steve I drop off all my weapons so I can keep them all, because it's not only wasting ammo, but guns too. I usually use my flame arrows for other things, but that's just me.
Not the best tactic. The Steve boss is in the end of the game. By that point you shouldn't need many weapons. And to use the flame arrows early in the game is not vise. The final boss becomes so much easier to kill if you save them. Using shotgun/magnum and other weapons on her will be much more difficult.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Not the best tactic. The Steve boss is in the end of the game. By that point you shouldn't need many weapons. And to use the flame arrows early in the game is not vise. The final boss becomes so much easier to kill if you save them. Using shotgun/magnum and other weapons on her will be much more difficult.

It always works fine for me with the grenade launcher. By that point of the game you shouldn't even need to use all the healing items you have left. It's easy to just use all your ammo up if you're not careful.

It always works fine for me with the grenade launcher. By that point of the game you shouldn't even need to use all the healing items you have left. It's easy to just use all your ammo up if you're not careful.
To kill final boss with fire arrows will take less than a minute just saying. I wanted to discuss the fastest and easiest ways to get by. Ofcourse you could do fine with other weapons. Just saying that that method will be more difficult in general.

I never have problems with ammo in this game anymore though. Usually end up having a ton spare ammo. But I do remember my first playthrough that I had to restart the entire game cuz I got stuck with the tyrant boss. I learned the hard way to be causus with ammo ^^

Agent Spike

Everyone has a different tactic which is fine. :)

Another tip is to deposit all weapons and herbs (except maybe a handgun or the AK 47 and a two healing items) in the item box before the Nosferatu boss battle because after that, you play as Chris for the majority of the game.

Top Bottom