• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) 2nd Run difficultly for True Ending

Akilner1981

Hi all, new member
I’ve just completed the Leon story in Assisted mode so am now ready for my 2nd run as Claire. To get the true ending do I have to do it in Standard Mode or am I able to still get the same ending by competing in Assisted difficulty?
Kind thanks

D

Deleted member 21244

Hi all, new member
I’ve just completed the Leon story in Assisted mode so am now ready for my 2nd run as Claire. To get the true ending do I have to do it in Standard Mode or am I able to still get the same ending by competing in Assisted difficulty?
Kind thanks
You can do that in assisted

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Welcome Akilner1981!

I see you have already had your questions answered, but let me give you this advice. Play the game through on Assisted Mode, but try again on Normal. Aside from the low amount of ammo, the game is not much different between Assisted and Normal modes.

And feel free to stick around and join in the conversations. Plenty of friendly people from around the globe here to chat all things RE. And beyond.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Welcome Akilner1981!

I see you have already had your questions answered, but let me give you this advice. Play the game through on Assisted Mode, but try again on Normal. Aside from the low amount of ammo, the game is not much different between Assisted and Normal modes.

And feel free to stick around and join in the conversations. Plenty of friendly people from around the globe here to chat all things RE. And beyond.

The biggest difference with Assisted as opposed to the other difficulties is that whenever you go into danger status, as long as your take cover you will heal back into caution. Everything else is basically the same.

D

Deleted member 21244

The biggest difference with Assisted as opposed to the other difficulties is that whenever you go into danger status, as long as your take cover you will heal back into caution. Everything else is basically the same.
They are very different actually , in assisted you have the assisted aim that point the gun directly at your enemy head
Enemy deal practically no damage, and the player deal a big amount of damage, nothing really stop you since enemy die easily
You also find more ammo and healt regenerate from danger to caution

D

Deleted member 21244

I think there is an option to turn off assisted aim because that kind of thing generally screws up my experience and thats the first thing I disable.

And yes, damage and all that but I figured that was a given.
Yeah i think there is an option to disable it, the auto aim it's really bad, it ruin the experience...
I personally think the game should be played at extreme from the start, it's like playing the old re game, this is how the game should be played, at least for me

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I play every game on the easiest difficulty first so that I can get used to the controls and my surroundings without being swarmed with enemies. After I feel I've gotten the hang of it, that's when I work my way up to hardcore.

Hell I've even beaten Resident Evil 2 Remake on hardcore with an S rank but after being away from it for so long, and spending so much time on ORC before replaying it this last time, I still chose assisted first go round. I had literally forgotten how to shoot and everything because it's so different from the mechanics of ORC.

Also: assisted aim is ass in this game. It automatically aims for the head and that just takes way too long. Cap a zombie a few times in the knee and run by him. Saves time and precious ammo.

D

Deleted member 21244

There are also other difference from assisted to standard to hardcore that i forgot to write

Enemy in assisted are very slow, and you can dodge them easyli, the tyrant on easy i very very slow it almost look like he is going slow motion XD the sound code enigma, the one that after you complete it gives you the number for the armery, is very very easy in assisted

I usually never play game on easy, especially the first time, i always play on hard, since the first time i play the game is the one that really count the most for me, re 2 at hardcore really give me resident evil vibes since you had to save manually whit ink ribbon and if you forgot to save you had to restart the game from the start, like previous resident evil game, assisted and standard have auto save, so they are really easy and you dont get to play the true re experience, at least ij my opinion

I think capcom should put an option on any difficulty in which you can choose if you want to save whit ink ribbon or if you want to use modern save style

@Magnolia Grandiflora yeah auto aim is really bad, the head it's not really the best spot to aim when you shoot zombie, the legs are like you say, when i do speedrun s+ rank on hardcore i never shoot the zombies in the head whit handgun, i always go for the legs since they stun whit two hit and you can pass through them and most of the time they collapse

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Man I got the routing down so well on Hardcore I didn't even have to shoot/fight the zombies. So I ended up dodging 99% of the enemies in the game. The only ones I didn't dodge were the ones you can't dodge lol (bosses).

Top Bottom