• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 2 simple steps to make RE6 a JIZZ-TASTIC success!

WeskersBrother

To get the children to stop crying, the haters to stop hating, & the RE fans to be satisfied...RE6 will have to do these 2 MANDATORY things:

Turn Off The Lights!
RE4 & RE5 had a problem with the lighting. These games felt the need to show you your enviroment, all of the enemies on the screen, & a bunch of crap that didn't need to be shown.
RE5 just had WAY TOO MUCH sun.
Make the game so dark, to the point where i need a flashlight, to see where im going.
We dont need to see the entire body of a Zombie.........just where the flashlight is pointing :cool:

Make Ammo A Rarity!
STOP giving us a bunch of ammo. When you give your player too much ammo to work to with, it makes us feel comfortable.
It makes us feel good about ourselfs. It gives the player confidence.
FEAR: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc.

Make ammo so difficult to find......its practically frustrating :p

Remember people, the segments with Chris wont be the same as the segments with Leon.
Capcom will give us the "Boo!" moments with Leon, & the intense "Oh Sh*t!" moments with Chris.

If done right, Leon's scenes in RE6 will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg

If done right, Chris's action scenes will look like this: (of course without the 95 Degree, beautiful Hawaii morning weather)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOQgIlsHhXw&feature=fvwrel

Much love people!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I agree with your two suggestions.

But I would like to add this as well.

Lose the Call of Duty mess

This is a Resident Evil game. during that trailer I saw Chris with a entire team of soldiers with him AND he was fighting armed mercenaries. And to top it all off, he even had a freaken TANK! Last I checked the name on the title was Resident Evil and not Resident of Duty.

Bring back the puzzle solving

One of the things that made Resident Evil so unique was its puzzle solving which really did tinker at your brain strings and force you to actually have to THINK inorder to progress through the game rather than just blazing through it guns a blazin.

Bring back the creepy Files

Another thing that has been missing from the later Resident Evil games is creepy files from the point of view of the victims of the horrendous outbreak. I remember one in particular was about a guy who as he was writing was become a zombie day by day until the last day where he could only right "food hungry yummy". The same file even made its way into the Lost in Nightmares DLC for RE5. Bring back those creepy files please.

Take away (or limit) the co op gameplay

One thing that really takes away from the "survival horror" is the fact that you have a partner to back you up in situations. It really does take away the horror aspect when you know someone has you back. Either take it away or limit it similar to how RE0 did. I don't want to have to use my partner the same way I did in RE5 to just give me boosts and move obstacles and crap like that.

And thats all I have to add.

WeskersBrother

I agree with your two suggestions.

But I would like to add this as well.

Lose the Call of Duty mess

This is a Resident Evil game. during that trailer I saw Chris with a entire team of soldiers with him AND he was fighting armed mercenaries. And to top it all off, he even had a freaken TANK! Last I checked the name on the title was Resident Evil and not Resident of Duty.

Bring back the puzzle solving

One of the things that made Resident Evil so unique was its puzzle solving which really did tinker at your brain strings and force you to actually have to THINK inorder to progress through the game rather than just blazing through it guns a blazin.

Bring back the creepy Files

Another thing that has been missing from the later Resident Evil games is creepy files from the point of view of the victims of the horrendous outbreak. I remember one in particular was about a guy who as he was writing was become a zombie day by day until the last day where he could only right "food hungry yummy". The same file even made its way into the Lost in Nightmares DLC for RE5. Bring back those creepy files please.

Take away (or limit) the co op gameplay

One thing that really takes away from the "survival horror" is the fact that you have a partner to back you up in situations. It really does take away the horror aspect when you know someone has you back. Either take it away or limit it similar to how RE0 did. I don't want to have to use my partner the same way I did in RE5 to just give me boosts and move obstacles and crap like that.

And thats all I have to add.

yeah. co op in RE5 just didnt work....it took away the fright
Maybe they can add a SEPERATE MODE for co op with Ashley and Alex Wesker.

OR, Im hoping that the Co op scenes we saw in the trialer, play out like RE zero.
Remember how Rebecca and Billy were partners.....but they were rarely ever together?

BUT! DONT TAKE AWAY THE ACTION! when done right...a little bit of action can go a long way....

The (Matrix) fight scenes between Chris & Wesker in RE5 were BADASS!
When my friends (who dont even play games) saw it they were like: HOLY SH*T! :D

Some Nights

No Shape
I agree with everything said so far. Especially the co-op and making the game darker ideas.

I would also like to suggest:
Difficulty Levels
I know that RE4/5 had difficulty levels already but I would like it to do more than change the amount of damage you have to do and can take. Perhaps changing the enemy AI, number and placement of enemies, ammo found, and similar things would make playing through the game on another difficulty a somewhat fresh experience.

Weapons
This will probably not happen but I would love to see them cut back on the amount of weapons used. Even with all of the choices in RE4/5 I ended up using one particular weapon from each type. I don't see why we can't have a standard weapon for each kind (handgun, shotgun, machine gun, rifle, and overpowered/fun weapons.)

Endings
Bring back the multiple/branching endings from the earlier games.

Bigger Consequences
This won't appeal to everyone. In the older games you always wanted to avoid dying at any cost. Save rooms were few and far between, and if you died it would send you all the way back to the last save. This could waste hours of time. With RE4/RE5 there is little to no consequence for dying. You just get sent back to the last checkpoint which is more often than not at the beginning of the battle. At least have an option for old fashioned saving or checkpoints.

WeskersBrother

I agree with everything said so far. Especially the co-op and making the game darker ideas.

I would also like to suggest:
Difficulty Levels
I know that RE4/5 had difficulty levels already but I would like it to do more than change the amount of damage you have to do and can take. Perhaps changing the enemy AI, number and placement of enemies, ammo found, and similar things would make playing through the game on another difficulty a somewhat fresh experience.

Weapons
This will probably not happen but I would love to see them cut back on the amount of weapons used. Even with all of the choices in RE4/5 I ended up using one particular weapon from each type. I don't see why we can't have a standard weapon for each kind (handgun, shotgun, machine gun, rifle, and overpowered/fun weapons.)

Endings
Bring back the multiple/branching endings from the earlier games.

Bigger Consequences
This won't appeal to everyone. In the older games you always wanted to avoid dying at any cost. Save rooms were few and far between, and if you died it would send you all the way back to the last save. This could waste hours of time. With RE4/RE5 there is little to no consequence for dying. You just get sent back to the last checkpoint which is more often than not at the beginning of the battle. At least have an option for old fashioned saving or checkpoints.

Oh HELL YES!

1) No Electricity
2) Rare Ammo
3) Puzzles that require an IQ of 400
4) Creepy Files
5) Limited Co-op
6) Multiple Endings
7) Difficult, almost fustrating game
8) Weapons that are found few and far between
9) Consequences for sucking at the game. No 2nd chances

with a little sprinkle of cool action segments here and there......
Recipe for SUCCESS! :)

Top Bottom