• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

10 Commandments for RE Fans

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Okay, so I've been in several RE communities for long enough to figure out what the fans are generally like, and I thought... well, let's not get into what I thought. Anyway, I decided to create this little parody* and list the

10 Commandments for Being a Proper RE Fan

I. First of all, choose between Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy. You can only love and support one while hating the other's guts. Or you may hate (but not love) both.

II. Do the same with Jill Valentine and Ada Wong. It is generally common to love Chris and Jill while hating Leon and Ada, or the other way around. Exceptions are rare, but not unheard of.

III. Like Claire Redfield. She doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite character as long as you just don't hate her, because there is no such thing as a Claire hater.

IV. If there's a rumour about Albert Wesker, Barry Burton or Hunk appearing in a future game, pee your pants in excitement. Do not ever speak ill of those characters.

V. Hate Sheva Alomar for her stupid AI in RE5, but not Chris for having the same stupid AI. (Unless you're a Leonist, then you're already hating Chris anyway.) Also, hate Ashley Graham for being a realistic college girl who doesn't know how to fight.

VI. Don't ever believe that anyone is dead. Even if you see something utterly ridiculous like, I don't know, a character being decapitated by two flying rockets while submerged in lava for example, keep holding on to their life. Time might actually prove you right.

VII. Make up your mind on who you think is gay/straight/lesbian/whatever, because the characters' sexuality is more important than anything else in the game.

VIII. Choose one or two favourite romantic pairings and ignore all other possibilities. Insult other fans if they disagree with you.

IX. Start a console war with PlayStation or XBox players, depending on which console you play on. If you're a PC player, don't ever say anything because your existence will not be acknowledged and so you have no rights anyway.

X. Hate on Capcom all the time. Whether it's a tiny detail, a real problem or just a matter of opinion, complain about everything and create and sign as many petitions as you can even though they will never change anything.

Feel free to add commandments or rules if you can think of any!

* Note: "Parody" means it's not to be taken too seriously or literally.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Really, the only sins that I myself am definitely and 100% not guilty of are IV, V and IX. So that means I'm an almost true RE fan, right?

Reactions: Jen

wanderer

battle master
i feel pity for Capcom, Biohazard fans can never be satisfied. damned if you do, damned if you don't.
characters age with the times? fans angry. characters don't age with the times? lol fans angry you don't write serious story.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I, V, VII, and X don't apply to me, and II partially doesn't apply to me because although I prefer Ada over Jill, I don't hate any characters. It appears I'm not a true fan. :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I. Leon. Easy as Pie. I hated Chris all the way up until RE6 were he became SEMI likable.

II. Doesn't Apply

III: Applies

IV. Doesn't Apply. Don't give a damn about Wesker because he's dead. End of story. Indifferent on Barry and HUNK.
V. Sorta applies. I HATE Sheva for FAR more reasons than the AI. No sh*ts given about that. And I think Ashley is fine. No problem at all. But seriously, f*ck Sheva.

VI. Doesn't apply.

VII. Doesn't apply.

VIII. Doesn't apply.

IX. Totally. Play Station is the only way to go, and PC has no relevance.

X.. Doesn't apply. I love Capcom, and while they may make a mistake or two, they're beautiful.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think I, III, VI, VII and VIII apply to me, apart from the insulting of course :love:

Forgive me for not following all of your commandments, O Goddess of the Dead.

Reactions: Hel

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Wow, only III and VII apply to me. If I wasn't going to Hell before, this cinches it. I'm definitely burring for these crimes! Oh well.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Okay, so I've been in several RE communities for long enough to figure out what the fans are generally like, and I thought... well, let's not get into what I thought. Anyway, I decided to create this little parody* and list the

10 Commandments for Being a Proper RE Fan

X. Hate on Capcom all the time. Whether it's a tiny detail, a real problem or just a matter of opinion, complain about everything and create and sign as many petitions as you can even though they will never change anything.

Feel free to add commandments or rules if you can think of any!

* Note: "Parody" means it's not to be taken too seriously or literally.
THIS. I know that Capcom has its fair share of issues - but if 'Crapcom' is a regular word in your vocabulary, I'm sorry but you obviously have the temperament and maturity of a five year old.

I don't mind criticism, but the word 'Crapcom' is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Romantic pairings? So many I like... I mean... Chris and Piers... Billy and Rebecca... Jake and Sherry... Just no Leon and Claire. Please just no. Claire could do much better, and they don't even hint at liking each other in the first place.

Waitwaitwait how are you a true fan if you hate everything in every game?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
This thread pretty much summed up my enitire feelings.

Oh well,
Haters gonna hate
tumblr_n1wu15SAtm1tsg7d9o1_500.gif

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Only III applies.... What is wrong with me? :'(

Don't you also dislike Chris and Leon, insist that Chris is straight, and speak ill of Capcom every once in a while? So I'd say I, VII and X also apply. They don't have to apply 100%.

Forgive me for not following all of your commandments, O Goddess of the Dead.

Don't worry about it for now, father. We'll pick this up again once you're dead.

Waitwaitwait how are you a true fan if you hate everything in every game?

I've been asking myself the same question since forever, but that stupidity doesn't seem to be exclusive to Resident Evil. Tomb Raider fans aren't any better. By the way, thanks, you just reminded me of the forgotten eleventh commandment:

XI. Hate all the games, but keep coming back to play them anyway just so you have something to complain about.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
The only that applies to me is III. I mean,who hates Claire,right? XD
Now seriously,she´s owesome and i admire her a lot. I wish i could be so easy going like her.
Anyway,i think those commandments are hilarious,because we all know fans like that,wich all those commandments applie with no exception.
In the end what truly matters is if we still have fun playing Re or talking about it with other fans.If they´re console or PC gamers is irrelevant ( even though i hate Xbox with passion...kidding!).There´s no such thing as a "true Re fan"we all know that. =P

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
well i agree in somethings like leon yes hate chris and i have playstation console lol and only thing i want to say to capcom is do something about hackers realy we want legit score..and leon stright guy chris too i admit but i hate hem and i like sheva since im libyan in north africa so i say sheva is good for represent us . and i dont think that we have lesbian or gays in the game maybe you guys inlight me about that????

wanderer

battle master
and i dont think that we have lesbian or gays in the game maybe you guys inlight me about that????

they are the first to get whatever infections outbreak. why does it even matter? you go through a whole city full of zombies, not once you see a child zombie, think that has any special meaning?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
well i agree in somethings like leon yes hate chris and i have playstation console lol and only thing i want to say to capcom is do something about hackers realy we want legit score..and leon stright guy chris too i admit but i hate hem and i like sheva since im libyan in north africa so i say sheva is good for represent us . and i dont think that we have lesbian or gays in the game maybe you guys inlight me about that????

Capcom hasn't stated any characters are gay, but they haven't said any are straight either. Everybody just assumes every character is straight for some reason. Just because nothing's been said about it doesn't mean they actually are straight.

Top Bottom