• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Which Original Scenario Pair Do You Prefer?

Which original scenario pair do you prefer?

• Claire A/Leon B

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Leon A/Claire B

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

Reaction score
I never got to play original RE 2 back in the day. I've put countless hours into the Remake.
But I know scenarios differ more in the original game. So it makes me wonder, which scenario pair do you prefer strictly in the original RE 2?

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Reaction score
I never got to play original RE 2 back in the day. I've put countless hours into the Remake.
But I know scenarios differ more in the original game. So it makes me wonder, which scenario pair do you prefer strictly in the original RE 2?
Claire A/Leon b is my favorite, especially leon b scenario
Also claire A/leon b is the canonical scenario

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Reaction score
I like them both tbh, RE2 original is just barely under CVX as my favorite in the franchise. I just picked one but I like them both equally. I find the original story to be better and the A/B scenario content is richer, if that makes sense. There is much more to experience. So I like them both.

Murrdogg93

Reaction score
I like them both tbh, RE2 original is just barely under CVX as my favorite in the franchise. I just picked one but I like them both equally. I find the original story to be better and the A/B scenario content is richer, if that makes sense. There is much more to experience. So I like them both.
I noticed in watching the original that they seemingly made events more scenario based than character based.

Remake made the events much more character based. By that I mean things like Leon always fighting super tyrant regardless of scenario. Or Claire beating Leon through the lab to the end, regardless of scenario.

Meaning Claire A/Leon B is the only pair that makes any sense in the Remake. Because the A character is always ahead of the B character, as noted by memos you can find. For example, since Leon breaks the balcony ladder, regardless of scenario, it wouldn't make sense for Claire to be there after Leon since it's still intact for her.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Reaction score
Claire A/Leon B. Not only is it canon, I like that Leon has interactions with Sherry before the end of the game, brief as they are

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Reaction score
I noticed in watching the original that they seemingly made events more scenario based than character based.

Remake made the events much more character based. By that I mean things like Leon always fighting super tyrant regardless of scenario. Or Claire beating Leon through the lab to the end, regardless of scenario.

Meaning Claire A/Leon B is the only pair that makes any sense in the Remake. Because the A character is always ahead of the B character, as noted by memos you can find. For example, since Leon breaks the balcony ladder, regardless of scenario, it wouldn't make sense for Claire to be there after Leon since it's still intact for her.
Also in the remake leon find the g virus location opened by claire whit Sherry s pendant so it make sense to play claire A first...

But in the end the remake dosent make any sense at all, because you fight the same boss in the same area in the same way, Annette dies in two different ways as did the tyrant...

Claire A/leon b make a bit more sense but the whole story make no sense

Murrdogg93

Reaction score
Also in the remake leon find the g virus location opened by claire whit Sherry s pendant so it make sense to play claire A first...

But in the end the remake dosent make any sense at all, because you fight the same boss in the same area in the same way, Annette dies in two different ways as did the tyrant...

Claire A/leon b make a bit more sense but the whole story make no sense
The original game has similar plot issues. They have do over things the previous character already did. So they figured it didn't matter if they did that in the Remake.

Albertwesker959

Poor performance endeed
Reaction score
The original game has similar plot issues. They have do over things the previous character already did. So they figured it didn't matter if they did that in the Remake.
But the original dosent have plot hole like the remake, in gameplay sometimes in the original you do the same thing but most of the times you do different puzzle, all the boss are different, and there are also many new area in the b scenario, and the story is consistent in the original while the remake isn't

1995umk3

Reaction score
Claire A then Leon B for shure. Better gameplay/story/everything.

Claire B is just harder and it wasn't as good to me as Claire A.

Leon A though is ok... but Leon B is the way to go or go home.

Awebb

Reaction score
I prefer Claire A/Leon A, the hypothetical scenario, where they just actually met in the RPD and decided not to split up. The remake handles this relatively well, though.

1995umk3

Reaction score
I mostly play the B one because you get to hear the intro music for tyrant @ 13secs

The music when you are fighting him is really something you would download in you're mp3 player... its nice.

You must be registered to view media