• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
A lot of die hard Rockstar fans insist they know how to write good stories, but all they really specialize in is loser characters and boring in fighting.

Didn't Rockstar lose their best writer, Dan Houser? I mean to me, it was always the writing and the satire that made a Rockstar game, not particularly the gameplay. As soon as I heard he was leaving I was like, "What the Hell are they gonna do w/o their most crucial asset?"

The bigger they are...

Frag Maniac

Reaction score
Didn't Rockstar lose their best writer, Dan Houser? I mean to me, it was always the writing and the satire that made a Rockstar game, not particularly the gameplay. As soon as I heard he was leaving I was like, "What the Hell are they gonna do w/o their most crucial asset?"

The bigger they are...

Yeah Houser left, I just don't see that as such a big deal, because quite frankly, like I said, his writing has always been so shallow and predictable, with immature, neurotic and/or perverse characters and lots of in fighting. I honestly think the reason they have so many fans is that there's so many messed up families in the world that they actually relate to the crazy, crap stories they crank out.

That said, GTA IV's characters and writing were a LOT easier to deal with and more interesting, well, most of them anyway. I also liked Max Payne 3. Not a big fan of the direction they're taking GTA though.

Frag Maniac

Reaction score
So I finally got back to Chernobylite tonight, and finished the game. I thought I could get away with not changing any decisions, as all my crew were on Neutral status. Things were going fine until the part where Olivier approaches you just before the final boss fight, and to my surprise, he shot and killed me. So that took me to the death walk and I found I had to get him at Good status to correct the problem. I did change a couple other decisions though, and wound up with Shasko at Good as well, and the rest Neutral.

So I got the good ending on the second try of Heist, but a strange thing happened after the credits. It said I had unlocked Gate of Madness difficulty mode, but I don't see that mode listed on the difficulty sliders. It's still the same as it was before, with Insane being the hardest. I'm wondering if they originally wanted to call the hardest mode Gate of Madness, and changed it to Insane. So I'm thinking it might be an oversight that they left the end game message with it still referring to the hardest mode as Gate of Madness.

Did that happen to you, or did you even notice that end game message?

Gun Powder B

Reaction score
Did that happen to you, or did you even notice that end game message?

Yeah I noticed that to, I'm assuming it's a development error and 'Insane' is that difficulty but I could be wrong, perhaps a search could clarify that, as I doubt I'll ever play on that difficulty anyway.

Days Gone is so great I seriously just wanna buy a Harley Low Rider now. I don't live in the south or southwest so I'm wondering if you can buy some specialty winter tires for northlings.

I think there's a plot twist coming up that I saw a mile away, I won't spoil too hard but I think I know who that female Nero researcher-of-freaks is. ;)

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that to, I'm assuming it's a development error and 'Insane' is that difficulty but I could be wrong, perhaps a search could clarify that, as I doubt I'll ever play on that difficulty anyway.

Days Gone is so great I seriously just wanna buy a Harley Low Rider now. I don't live in the south or southwest so I'm wondering if you can buy some specialty winter tires for northlings.

I think there's a plot twist coming up that I saw a mile away, I won't spoil too hard but I think I know who that female Nero researcher-of-freaks is. ;)
Well, like I said, it could just be an oversight that they didn't change the end game message to Insane after possibly deciding to name it Insane instead.

Have you found the puppy in Days Gone yet? It reminded me of that moment in MGSV when you first encounter D-Dog.

Reaction score
I have a lot of games sort of in my rotation... I'll try to consider anything I've really sat and played for longer than 30 mins in the past week or so...:

- Dark Souls 3
- Resident Evil 2 (2019)
- Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Forgive Me Father
- Norco
- SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamesh
- Heroes of the Storm
So I rolled credits on RE2make tonight for the first time and was really tempted to sit it out of the rotation for a few months so my 2nd Run would feel more fresh and new once I came back to it. But I was eager for more action and didn't like Ghost Survivors, so I started my 2nd Run and it just feels...i dunno, weird going through the police station differently. Anyway, RE2make is still in the rotation. Which has tightened up a bit just this past week.

- Resident Evil 2 (2019)
- Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Forgive Me Father
- Norco
- Trek to Yomi

MGS5 replaces DS3 as a big series backlog game. I'm really trying to trim the fat on what I play, so a few games are being sat. However, I started Trek to Yomi a day or two ago, and while I have gripes about it (no custom controls, meh combat), the presentation and narrative is so good, I definitely see myself playing this enough to finish it this week or so.