What would you leave the series?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
I've already left the series once.
After RE6, my faith in Resident Evil faded, I didn't even play Revelations 2 back then, it wasn't entirely due to Resident Evil alone, it was mostly Capcom's terrible decisions back then that were pushing me away, namely the DmC reboot that REALLY grinded my gears.
The only thing that stopped me from cutting Resident Evil loose entirely was a little video uploaded to YT that had the famous words "We Do It!".
Though throughout 2015 to 2018, I like a lot of other people forgot that was happening.

After RE7 was revealed to be first person and the previews showed a more supernatural direction, that was it for me, I was out, I wasn't even willing to give the game a chance, it wasn't until I came across a playthrough on YT and saw the first few hours that I decided to give it a chance.
I ended up really liking the game and my faith in Resident Evil was rekindled, then REmake 2 and Devil May Cry 5 happened and my faith in Capcom was restored.

The leaks for RE8 are concerning, but I don't know if I'll cut the series loose again.
This is sounding like a RE7 marketing situation again where the previews are making it look as "NOT Resident Evil" as possible only for the final game to end up being true Resident Evil.
Thing is Resident Evil NEEDS to have some good new main characters to carry the franchise onwards, Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire and Ada can't be around forever.

Reactions: Rain611

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Oct 7, 2018
Sweden
Thing is Resident Evil NEEDS to have some good new main characters to carry the franchise onwards, Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire and Ada can't be around forever.
Agreed. They should really have the next main installments be about the older generation of characters passing the torch down to the next generation of younger characters. But they must do it in a worthy fashion, and not something unworthy like the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

I think Revelations 2 is the best (and only) game in the series to utilize this so far, with both Barry and Claire acting as the older characters passing the torch to Moira.

For example, I'd welcome a game where a white-haired Chris Redfield is teaching a young rookie how to deal with a biohazard outbreak.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
After RE7 was revealed to be first person and the previews showed a more supernatural direction, that was it for me, I was out, I wasn't even willing to give the game a chance, it wasn't until I came across a playthrough on YT and saw the first few hours that I decided to give it a chance.
I ended up really liking the game and my faith in Resident Evil was rekindled, then REmake 2 and Devil May Cry 5 happened and my faith in Capcom was restored.
Same. After RE6, my expectations were low. And then the first person reveal had me really hating on the series. But I decided to try out RE7 anyway because The Baker Family promos were really creepy. I ended up loving the game and Capcom has been on a roll since!

For example, I'd welcome a game where a white-haired Chris Redfield is teaching a young rookie how to deal with a biohazard outbreak.
Sign me up immediately. Too bad Piers is gone. He would have been a fine addition for future installments.

Aurelius

Aug 22, 2014
I've already made a few disappearing acts over the years . First disappearance started with RE4. For the longest time, I couldn't get over how drastically the series changed but gradually accepted it. My cousin was the one who hooked me and pulled me back into the series after begging me to play RE5 with him. I became quite addicted to 5 and only played a little bit of 6 before disappearing, this time out of boredom rather than hatred. Reappeared when RE7 came out though and have been all hands on deck with all these remakes that are coming out. Looks like I may have to shake the dust off my copy of RE4 that I bought a few years back and actually play it... for the very first time! Might as well give RE6 a go to while I'm at it...

Last edited:
Reactions: UniqTeas