• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Do You Think About Silent Hill?

Mountie

Reaction score
Ironically I didn't like the games but really liked the movies compared to the Resident Evil movies. They were more true to the games even though I didn't care for the games.

But I knew the story as I played the games and watched them years later on YouTube. Ironically most people didn't seem to find them good.

But as far as the games are concerned, I'm not a fan. All those dark lengthy corridors don't appeal to me. I played 1 all the way. The second one I played part of.

Same for the third one.

The best game similar I found to Resident Evil was The X-Files: Resist or Serve. Some footage of that game:
You must be registered for see medias

Reaction score
Those games are okay, I just don't really care for them. They get brought up in every Resident Evil circle for some reason and I guess I just don't get it.

Last edited:

MellowYellow

Reaction score
They get brought up in every Resident Evil circle for some reason and I guess I just don't get it.

Same genre, which is relatively small and Silent Hill was designed as a competitor to Resident Evil, as well as Parasite Eve. Silent Hill gained a substantial fanbase but Parasite Eve did not, alas. Parasite Eve and Dino Crisis got the short end of the stick in that timeframe. It wasn't until The Evil Within, which was designed by Shinji Makami at Tango Gameworks many many years later, that saw another substantial entry to the genre. Personally, I did not find The Evil Within particularly remarkable but a lot of people seem to like it so I'll leave it at that.

Murderer Enshrined

Reaction score
The Resident Evil cinema saga should have been horror flicks, not action movies.

Silent Hill, on the other hand, I still have the Blu Ray disc of the original Silent Hill movie.

Very cool movie.