What are you watching?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Mar 19, 2015
fanon.wikia.com
I'm watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and it is an improvement over the first movie. The stakes are higher with more ballsy action scenes and deadlier Games than the first one (no pun intended) and Katniss is tougher, braver and more fleshed-out in this movie as is the rest of the story, though one thing that really stood out to me is how the first few scenes are eerily similar to the first movie's. They all follow the EXACT same setup, anyone who's seen these movies knows what I'm talking about.

Still a damn good movie, though, I liked it more than the first one. Now here's hoping Mockinjay 1 and 2 don't disappoint (I blind bought the Hunger Games Collection on Blu-Ray), I've heard a lot of polarizing things about those.

Reactions: Turo602

Steve

Admin
Staff
May 25, 2007
@KManX89 I've only watched the second film. I had no clue what was going on and left the cinema absolutely confounded. Mind you, I'm likely not among the target audience and had not previously read the books or followed the series in any capacity. Glad you're enjoying the series - I may have to pick your brain as to what the plot is about!

Currently watching... on and off watching of Homecoming season 2. A very interesting first season, but not sure that my wife and I are quite as gripped with the follow-up!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Sep 4, 2013
Gotham City
I'm watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and it is an improvement over the first movie. The stakes are higher with more ballsy action scenes and deadlier Games than the first one (no pun intended) and Katniss is tougher, braver and more fleshed-out in this movie as is the rest of the story, though one thing that really stood out to me is how the first few scenes are eerily similar to the first movie's. They all follow the EXACT same setup, anyone who's seen these movies knows what I'm talking about.

Still a damn good movie, though, I liked it more than the first one. Now here's hoping Mockinjay 1 and 2 don't disappoint (I blind bought the Hunger Games Collection on Blu-Ray), I've heard a lot of polarizing things about those.
I saw them all about a year ago for the first time. I enjoyed them all, but Catching Fire is definitely the high point of the series. The third is probably the weakest, but they are very different because it's not really about the Hunger Games anymore like the first 2 were, so depending on how important that aspect was to you could really affect your enjoyment of where the story goes next.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Mar 19, 2015
fanon.wikia.com
I just watched The Lighthouse on Prime Video. I never thought a low-budget drama/horror film starring just two actors in one location (okay, two locations; the outside of the titular lighthouse) could work, but dammit, it did. Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson literally steal the show with ham performances and fun AF characters in a solid descent into madness tale. It's not a movie I would rewatch or own on Blu-Ray, but it was better than it had any right to be given the limited-scale concept. I'm under the impression that most anything with Willem Dafoe is worth watching. Oh and bonus points for the black and white.

I definitely look forward to seeing Pattinson as Batman (Battinson), provided he was just kidding about not working out and actually takes the role seriously (one can only hope).

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jun 6, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Restarted Agents of Shield since the first season was probably one of the best comic television events of all time. I doubt I'll rewatch the whole thing again though. The 4th season beyond is OFF THE RAILS.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Supporter Gold
Feb 3, 2009
UK
Forever on Amazon Prime. It started really slowly but I'm beginning to really appreciate it. Episode 6 was just gorgeous...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Mar 19, 2015
fanon.wikia.com
I'm watching a foreign found footage zombie movie called [REC] right now. Perhaps you guys have heard of it, but in case you haven't, it's quite similar to Quarantine where a reporter woman interviews people, then enters a house where some wacky hi-jinks happen, only with zombies. I gotta say, it's pretty damned good so far. It even has a similar opening to Quarantine with the reporter lady following a group of firefighters.