What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Supporter Diamond
Supporter Gold
I just feel like something random and unscripted like that could really add to the experience.

One thing I've always thought about recent Resident Evil games is that they have such potential, but never quite realise it. There's so much that they can do to make these games scary, and it wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult. I think just a few small changes could really jazz the series up.

We all know that after playing the game a few times, we get used to enemy placement, or roughly how many enemies are in an area. Imagine how cool it would be to have an unknown to factor in. Imagine that happening at a crucial moment and you have to leave the area and come back when the zombies are either gone, or moved on. It would also be an interesting thing to factor in in terms of ammo and resource management.

I dunno, I just think some simple, small tweaks could really make a difference to the horror, and to the freshness of the overall experience. I suppose this could also lend itself nicely to harder difficulties by making the random events slightly more frequent.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Supporter Gold
I just feel like something random and unscripted like that could really add to the experience.

One thing I've always thought about recent Resident Evil games is that they have such potential, but never quite realise it. There's so much that they can do to make these games scary, and it wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult. I think just a few small changes could really jazz the series up.

We all know that after playing the game a few times, we get used to enemy placement, or roughly how many enemies are in an area. Imagine how cool it would be to have an unknown to factor in. Imagine that happening at a crucial moment and you have to leave the area and come back when the zombies are either gone, or moved on. It would also be an interesting thing to factor in in terms of ammo and resource management.

I dunno, I just think some simple, small tweaks could really make a difference to the horror, and to the freshness of the overall experience. I suppose this could also lend itself nicely to harder difficulties by making the random events slightly more frequent.
I'm totally down for regular enemies being unscripted. I just don't think Nemesis chases should be. Everything else you listed sounds pretty great, plus, once you've downed the enemies (If you choose to do so), you still have time to appreciate the redesigned, rebuilt Racoon City.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't necessarily agree that removing the unscripted moments would be a good thing just because Mr. X was so successful. Why would we remove a feature from the original game? It can only add to the experience!

Jonipoon

Valentine's valentine
No matter if some of us want Nemesis to be scripted in the remake of RE3, I don't think Capcom is going to change their winning concept of Mr. X from the RE2 remake. He's been immensely popular on the internet since January and has become such a meme its insane.

Turo602

The King of Kings
No matter if some of us want Nemesis to be scripted in the remake of RE3, I don't think Capcom is going to change their winning concept of Mr. X from the RE2 remake. He's been immensely popular on the internet since January and has become such a meme its insane.
That's actually worrying. Because they're just driving a concept to the ground game after game, and that's gonna reflect badly in its critical reception and overall series identity. They did it before and well, that led to RE4 and RE7. I'd hate to see them abandon horror again just because they don't know how to come up with something new.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Supporter Gold
I thin kit's too soon to say they won't abandon that. Besides, if you think that R3make is going to be 100% outsourced, and we don't have to worry about what Capcom will or won't change since they won't be the ones making XD Eh, @Turo602

Jonipoon

Valentine's valentine
I thin kit's too soon to say they won't abandon that. Besides, if you think that R3make is going to be 100% outsourced, and we don't have to worry about what Capcom will or won't change since they won't be the ones making XD Eh, @Turo602
My worry is that it'll be 100% outsourced, but it's still just a rumor so I'm not counting out other possibilities just yet.

Outsourced or not, such a vital thing like Nemesis will surely be something Capcom requests from another studio: "Remember to make Nemesis non-scripted", or "Make Nemesis like we made Mr. X", for example.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree that Nemesis needs to feel different from Mr X. BUT Nemesis had scripted and unscripted moments in the original game. They shouldn't change that at all in my opinion. However, unlike Mr. X, Nemesis could easily be lost in these situations. The game would be IMPOSSIBLE if he chased you for long segments of the game since RE3 is much more expansive than other installments, map-wise.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Supporter Gold
CT: Resident Evil ladies look gorgeous in Sailor Moon uniforms!

And the guys... Absolutely fabulous!

The person who made these costumes for The Sims 4 should get hired by Evil Alliance.

Loki

The Trickster
Supporter Gold
RE3 being out sourced? What do you mean?
There was a rumour that RE3 wasn’t being made by Capcom, but I think that was just because people were hoping for/thinking that there would be a small time frame between RE2 and RE3’s release dates. Since RE3 wasn’t announced at E3 I doubt that it’s the case.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Supporter Gold
There was a rumour that RE3 wasn’t being made by Capcom, but I think that was just because people were hoping for/thinking that there would be a small time frame between RE2 and RE3’s release dates. Since RE3 wasn’t announced at E3 I doubt that it’s the case.
Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.